PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Addicting???

freztek
12-07-2002, 12:35 AM
Is Pepsi and its ingredients addicting??? or am I just caught up in a bad habit "well I know I'm caught" but is it physical or just mental??? I'm trying to cut, but 4-5 Pepsi's a day isn't cutting it "literally." I'm just trying to figure out how I should attack this addiction. I am weak when it comes to them...morning, noon and night :(

BECOMING
12-07-2002, 01:37 AM
i think that it is addicting. i have a roomate that goes through a 12 pack a day and that is all he drinks. aside from the one or two gatorades a week that he may drink becaue he sometimes he may have to run 4 miles on every every friday. when i face a question of wheather or not to do some thing i dont wiegh the two. that gives you time to convince your self of what you want and then you ultimatly give in. like going to the gym when i dont relly want to. i would tell my self that i would just go tomorrow and it would be ok. then i though .... is that detication? no. so i dont give myself time to question it, i grab my stuff and go out the door. it is not easy but after a while one will get to where you dont relly think about it.

self dicipline is the key to success. good luck

AstronautJones
12-07-2002, 01:48 AM
Well, Pepsi does contain caffeine, which IS physically addicting to some degree.

My plan of attack would be to ween yourself off, until you are completely Pepsi free!

bradley
12-07-2002, 06:03 AM
This is probably an obvious answer but switch to diet or maybe try something different like crystal light. Just don't drink the things. Do you wanna cut down bf or drink Pepsi?

Berserker
12-07-2002, 10:24 AM
Just quit, you'll have headaches for a few days. Do you drink coffee? Your body could be craving the sugar of caffeine. Try diet. If your body craves the sugar you'll still have headaches.
About 2 years ago I tried the Atkins diet, I got headaches for a few days. I was still consuming caffeine though. I was drinking 1 pop a day and really craved it if missed, to the point where I'd get headaches and leave the house to go get one. Finally I decided screw this, gave it up. I've had maybe 10 in the last 2 years. Mainly in mixies. I really don't even want it. Almost repeled by it now.

pastdoubt
12-08-2002, 03:56 PM
I drink diet caffeine free, that may solve your problem. I have never gotten headaches from stopping when I did drink the caffeine ones, nor have I gotten headaches from quitting ECA either... but it did make me somewhat lethargic for a while.

Fluid
12-08-2002, 04:13 PM
Drink more water so you're not thirsty.

Fluid

Saint Patrick
12-08-2002, 04:17 PM
When I started lifting, I made a very simple decision. Every time I felt like drinking soda, I just drank water instead. Problem solved.

Berserker
12-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Whats the point of diet and caffeine free? Dirty water, waste of money. Might as well drink water. Put some lemon in if you need flavor.

LAM
12-08-2002, 05:49 PM
it is the simple sugars and the effects that they have on serum glucose levels and serum insulin levels that cause the cravings.

the sooner you get off the crap the better you will be.

Tiare
12-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Cola is definitely habit forming, as are all sugar/caffeine products. I say habit forming because nothing is addictive if you want to stop. You just don't want to stop yet.

GonePostal
12-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Be a man just do it cold turkey. Just say to yourself "no more cola from this day" and stick to it.

GIS
12-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Next weekend go out drinking and pound as many Pepsi and malibu rums as you can. Get sick, throw up, and I guarantee you won't be able to stand the taste of Pepsi again. :)

Saint Patrick
12-08-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
Whats the point of diet and caffeine free? Dirty water, waste of money. Might as well drink water. Put some lemon in if you need flavor.

Exactly. That's like the people who go into starbucks and order a decaf nonfat sugar free mocha. What's the point?

pat s
12-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by GIS
Next weekend go out drinking and pound as many Pepsi and malibu rums as you can. Get sick, throw up, and I guarantee you won't be able to stand the taste of Pepsi again. :) good advice just try not to commit any felonies and sleep on your stomach

Berserker
12-09-2002, 12:45 AM
My point was milk has nutrients, booze gives you a buzz, coffee keeps you up, WTF is the point of caffeine and sugar free pop.

pastdoubt
12-09-2002, 11:09 AM
It's an aquired taste, I like it with meals.

Stray
12-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
My point was milk has nutrients, booze gives you a buzz, coffee keeps you up, WTF is the point of caffeine and sugar free pop.

Not everyone can stomach the taste of coffee...myself included.

Now caffiene free cola I don't get..it's a riddle to me like non-alcoholic beer.

Berserker
12-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Stray

Not everyone can stomach the taste of coffee...myself included.

Now caffiene free cola I don't get..it's a riddle to me like non-alcoholic beer.

instead of coffee sub diet pop. Non-alcholic beer is for people who like to piss alot.

freztek
12-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Hi, my name is Freztek and I am a Pepsihollic! Last day of finals is the 17th. I have decided on quitting the day after! I'll just go cold turkey and be a man about it! My gains in the gym have been stellar the last few months...I only can imagine what they would be like If I subtracted the 900 empty calories a day I have been drinking up in Pepsi. Time to kick the habit once and for all.

Steve Williams
12-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Drink alot of water and no pepsi

A few days later you will probably be fine.

Make sure you don't start back on the pepsi though. It will be too easy to keep drinking it

freztek
12-18-2002, 12:58 AM
Well, tomorrow is the big day! NO MORE PEPSI! I'm gonna do it! Does drinking Diet Pepsi have any bad affects to training?

AstronautJones
12-18-2002, 01:36 AM
Drink Diet Pepsi immediately following a workout for optimum results. :p

Steve Williams
12-18-2002, 11:03 PM
lol Astronaut

I guess it's better to drink it after workouts, to get simple carbs in you.

I always laugh when I see people having diet coke or pepsi (especially overweight people) As if it's going to make a difference.

bradley
12-19-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Steve Williams
lol Astronaut

I guess it's better to drink it after workouts, to get simple carbs in you.

I always laugh when I see people having diet coke or pepsi (especially overweight people) As if it's going to make a difference.

Diet Pepsi does not contain simple carbs, and yes I tend to think that getting rid of empty calories in your diet would make a difference.

freztek
12-19-2002, 05:53 PM
:withstupi :withstupi Otherwise I wouldn't have quit drinking Pepsi "2 days now" woohoo!!!! The lack of sugar is making me real tired though :( off to work...cya.

Berserker
12-19-2002, 08:22 PM
Drinking diet is better then regualr in my opinion. Not taking in the sugar. Sure you could say its a small step for a fat person, but a step none the least.