PDA

View Full Version : opinions on TKD

pat s
12-07-2002, 06:26 PM
im starting a TKD on new years and would like people to share they're experiences and opinions on the diet with me.my reason for choosing the TKD is the apetite suppressing effect.i never had any luck on "conventional" diets and my body develops resistance pretty quickly to apetite suppressing pills.im not convinced that i can achieve greater results with a keto diet but conventional diets are out of the question for me.ive done a CKD and had good results but training intensity went way down.i plan on working out every other day so i can spend more time in ketosis.im also planning to take in two grams of creatine after my workouts with my carbs(25 g before-50g after) because ive heard creatine might be anti-catabolic.(???)even if my carbs kick me out for 6 hours(ive heard its abouts 4 though) i'll still spend alot more time in ketosis than with a CKD

Blood&Iron
12-07-2002, 07:01 PM
The last edition of the WBB Roundtable addressed this. Might be worth looking at. Here's a link:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=88

pat s
12-07-2002, 07:23 PM
i mean 10 grams of protein post workout

pat s
12-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by pat s
i mean 10 grams of protein post workout 10 grams of CREATINE

Marcel
12-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Looks like you've been doing your homework. Good good.

You can be even more precise with you carb intake(pre-post workout) though. I'm not sure how much it would matter.

I agree with Blood. A combination of the 2(tkd & ckd) will be more effective.

Here is a link to a great TKD article. http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/mrx/tkdmrx.html

iLUDEd
12-11-2002, 03:13 PM
what kind of carbs are prefered while on a tkd, complex or simple?

bradley
12-11-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by iLUDEd
what kind of carbs are prefered while on a tkd, complex or simple?

If you are ingesting carbs pre-workout then it is really up to you. Most people prefer liquid high GI carbs and I have also heard of people using the smarties candy, but you could also use bagels oats etc. If taking carbs post-workout then I would recommend using dextrose because using low GI or whole carbs from whole foods would keep you out of ketosis for an extended period of time.

iLUDEd
12-12-2002, 09:18 AM
so low gi carbs keep u out of keto, sweet then ill just stick to 50g of maltodextrin post workout and either 25g of maltodextrin or some fruit pre workout.. also, while on a tkd is there any leway with carbs, eg. on a ckd you were allowed 30g of carbs, with a tkd is the only time your allowed to consume carbs pre and post workout? coz my fat source lately has been coming from unsalted peanuts and they have a a small amount of carbs in them.. or should i ditch them completely when i begin a tkd and find myself a new fat source?

bradley
12-12-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by iLUDEd
so low gi carbs keep u out of keto, sweet then ill just stick to 50g of maltodextrin post workout and either 25g of maltodextrin or some fruit pre workout.. also, while on a tkd is there any leway with carbs, eg. on a ckd you were allowed 30g of carbs, with a tkd is the only time your allowed to consume carbs pre and post workout? coz my fat source lately has been coming from unsalted peanuts and they have a a small amount of carbs in them.. or should i ditch them completely when i begin a tkd and find myself a new fat source?

Low or high GI carbs can keep you out of ketosis, but low GI will keep you out of ketosis for longer periods of time. I would just malto and skip the fruit because fruit contains fructose which would be used to refill liver glycogen. Since you will be consuming more than 50g of carbs around your training I would consume half pre-workout and half post-workout.

As far as a daily carb limit you will have to experiment a little. Some people are can eat more carbs throughout the day and remain in ketosis while others have to stick with minimal carbs.

iLUDEd
12-13-2002, 12:13 PM
sweet, thanks for the info, ill search the forums for a method to check if your in keto :)

pat s
12-13-2002, 12:37 PM
iluded go to your local pharmacy and buy ketostix theyre in the diabetic supply section

iLUDEd
12-13-2002, 01:18 PM
cool thanks ill check it out