PDA

View Full Version : Munky's Progress

Munky
12-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Well, this is my first journal ever. I figured i'd try to start one to get advice and to help keep myself on track. I'm gonna be training for size mostly some umm i guess i'll post my stats now and get a picture up soon. I excersise 3 times a week.

-------------------------------
Height: 5'10
Weight: 136
Arms: 13

Routine Schedule
Bench Press: 3x8-10
Preacher Curls: 3x8-10
Military Press: 3x8-10
Deadlifts: 3x8-10

All sets are done at the maximum weight i can lift and still be in good form.

Maximums for sets
Bench Press: 135lbs
Preacher Curls: 85lbs
Military Press: 50lbs (done with dumbells)
Deadlifts: 165lbs (i never went max with these this is new to my routine)

Let me know your opinions guys. :bash: :whip: :windup:

_-_v_-_
12-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Any particular reason why you've opted for this routine?

Budiak
12-07-2002, 09:48 PM
I'd say if you really want to stick to a routine like that add AT LEAST squats to the routine.

And yes, why such a routine?

Munky
12-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Well i can't do squats because i don't have the equipment for that because i use a home gym. Whats wrong with my routine?!?

_-_v_-_
12-07-2002, 09:59 PM
It's just that, personally, I would prefer something along the lines of the WBB routines; that is, something in which muscle groups are directly targeted once weekly.

Munky
12-07-2002, 10:07 PM
Well this seems to be working pretty well for me. I've already noticed gains in how much i was able to lift and my size. i've also gained 6lbs in the first 2 weeks i started this diet. I eat 6 times and day including the 2 whey protein shakes i take. This is a fairly new diet that i've only been on for 2 weeks but its looking good so far. I forgot to post goals so here they are..

----------------------------------
Weight: 170 (may increase i gotta see how my diet goes)
Bench: 200 and up
Preacher Curl: 135?!
Military press: i dunno
Deadlift 300?

not really sure about goals yet.
----------------------------------

Vido
12-07-2002, 10:17 PM
I think you should take a look at your form on the preacher curls. I have serious doubts that your strength on that one exercise could be so disproportionate to your other ones.

I also think that your routine is fine for someone just starting out. No need to complicate things yet.

Munky
12-07-2002, 10:24 PM
oops i meant 65 my bad. I don't find this to be a noobie routine though maybe its not a competitors routine but i'm noticing some damn good gains. I've been lifting off and on since 7th grade but it was mainly just lifting to be cutup. I dunno. I gotta get some pics up.

_-_v_-_
12-08-2002, 08:20 AM
Quite frankly, you are seriously neglecting your legs.

Munky
12-08-2002, 04:18 PM
OK thanks for the input guys. I revised my routine and i'm gonna start using it this week. here it is.

------------------------------
Bench Press: 3x8-10
Preacher Curls: 3x8-10
Military Press: 3x8-10
stiff leg Deadlifts: 3x8-10
Front Squats: 3x8-10
Reverse Curls: 3x8-10
Yates Rows: 3x8-10
------------------------------
i'm still gonna be using the do it 3 days a week routine. but i think my legs should get a better work out with this and i added a better back exercise.

Munky
12-08-2002, 04:44 PM
Rest Day:

Breakfast: I ate 2 eggs overeasy 6 strips of bacon 2 slices of sausage 5 slices of french toast.

Lunch: Ham and cheese sanwich with a tall glass of milk and chips

Snack: A couple scoops of icecream and a whey protein shake a little while after that.

Dinner: cheese steak

Before bed: i'm gonna have 2 glasses of milk and some more icecream.

BCC
12-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Routine looks much better, I was going to say add some rows in, but looks like you already did.

Silverback
12-08-2002, 05:06 PM
teh routine is looking much better, but you mentioned that you dont have the correct equipment for the squat? why has this changed now? just wondering

B-R

beastin v6
12-08-2002, 05:10 PM
i think that it would be a good idea to take a few pics.

Munky
12-08-2002, 05:48 PM
i'll get some pics up i don't think i look as bad as you people are probably thinking. front squats are different than regular squats you can do without a rack because u hold the bar infront of you but it supposed to require more balance and all.

Silverback
12-08-2002, 05:51 PM
sorry i should of read that properly, but you wont be able to go as heavy like.

anyways good luck :)

Munky
12-09-2002, 06:17 PM
Wow i never realized how effective squats are. My legs are really sore they've never been this sore before.. it feels great. :) Also those bent over rows felt pretty good too they seem to do their job well and the romainian deadlifts were nice too. Actually my whole workout felt better i felt like i was actually working out today, i usually just do my lifts and it doesn't feel like i'm doing anything.

Munky
12-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Ahhh S---... I can't work out today because literally every muscle is sore still. O well. I also haven't been sleeping enough i've been averaging 6hours a night so i'm pretty tired i need to go to be earlier. Thats all for now.

P.S.: Squats are the best...