PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Elimination

Lettuce Face
12-08-2002, 02:00 AM
Should sugars be eliminated from your diet?

I know that they are useful for pre and post workout carbs but is there any other time that they should be taken in?

Silverback
12-08-2002, 04:20 AM
As you say post workout they are vital, but imo they are not really required at any other time. I think that fruit such as apples are not too bad because they are low on the GI scale thus a sudden rise insulin will not occur.

The best way is to try and keep them low as possible, other than post workout they are a source of empty calories, e.g. cola, candy etc...
B-R

Blood&Iron
12-08-2002, 11:41 AM
There are plenty of studies showing restricting sugar intake has no effect on weight/fat loss. High-sugar stuff tends calorie for calorie to be much less filling/satisfying than other carb sources, though, which can be a problem while dieting. If you're bulking, I don't think they're a real problem--although I'd try to minimize stuff containing high-fructose corn syrup. Also, just for general health reasons it's probably not a bad idea to keep your sugar intake moderate.

LAM
12-08-2002, 12:52 PM
restricting your simple sugar intake, especially that of processed sugars like sucrose and high-fructose corn syrup will help to increase your insulin sensitivity. you won't find many peeople that are huger or buff that have a high sugar intake...