PDA

View Full Version : fat burner - I thought it was a myth

Homie
12-09-2002, 05:58 AM
I got the newsletter from wannabebigforums and this is an excerpt:
"I am not going to give too much away at present all I will say is we will launch with 4 high quality products. A meal replacement, protein supplement, fat burner and creatine monohydrate"
What is this fat burner? Does it work?

bradley
12-09-2002, 06:31 AM
I would imagine the fat burner that is described will be an ECA stack. Yes ECA stacks do work but they are not miracle pills. You can run a search on ephedrine/caffiene/asperine (ECA) and pull up numerous threads on the topic.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-09-2002, 07:34 AM
It's just a generic phrase used to describe the product.

pastdoubt
12-09-2002, 11:08 AM
ECA is a very effective fat burner. I usually take like two ephedrines, a bayer, and drink like 3 cups of coffee though... a little too much, bad on my nerves.

Stray
12-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Maybe it's a Bic lighter...

Shao-LiN
12-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Burn that stuff right off.

Homie
12-10-2002, 09:28 AM
If that actually worked, wouldn't there be a hype about it. Fat people would be bying tons of it, there would be tons of commercials etc...

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2002, 09:59 AM
People don't usually see much in the way of results if they continue poor eating habits (or start poor eating habits), but if you know what you're doing diet and training-wise, you can make some good progress with the product(s).

Ferdo
12-10-2002, 10:17 AM
I dont know, but i think our friend here is right, I think you can get some lright results from eca if you keep a good diet, obviously they do not work if your going to take one with a bag of chips.

Shao-LiN
12-10-2002, 10:26 AM
There has been hype about ECA. It's not going to make a fat person skinny unless they have a good diet and exercise plan figured out, but it helps.

But ECA has been talked about for awhile now. It's been on commercials, news, magazines, etc.

Berserker
12-10-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Homie
If that actually worked, wouldn't there be a hype about it. Fat people would be bying tons of it, there would be tons of commercials etc...

Theres is tons of commercial for them. I don't even have cable. Fat blocker, stacker, metablite, ect. Don't know whats it in them but there fat burners. It one of the main keys to them is also appetite suppresion.

IceRgrrl
12-10-2002, 10:37 AM
ECA's and related fat burners DO work when combined with the right diet and activity level.

Most people think "Hey I'm taking Fat Burner...now I can eat whatever I want and the Fat Burner will take care of it for me as I lay on the couch and eat donuts, or eat even MORE donuts, because that Fat Burner will simply erase the effects of the garbage I'm piling on."

Doesn't work that way...it's not a miracle pill that suspends the laws of thermodynamics/energy balance. The ECA's help to enhance the fat loss process if the other variables are in order.

Podium Kreatin
12-11-2002, 02:15 AM
ephedrine has gotten a bad rep recently in the news, cuz of guys who od on it... soem politicians wanna ban it, which is why it isn't hyped up as much
the only time i've heard eca's not working is by generic brands. they aren't miracles, but they do help a lot

Shankerr
12-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Its a blow torch, light it, put it to your gut, and it just burns the fat away!

most likely an EC though