PDA

View Full Version : Question About HIIT.....

FrusWeighted
12-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Can you perform HIIT on an exercise apparatus such as a HealthRider or a stationary bike? F*ck sprinting.

PowerManDL
12-09-2002, 10:32 AM
You can......but let me ask, what do you have against sprinting?

FrusWeighted
12-09-2002, 11:12 AM
What I have against sprinting is... where the hell can I do it? It's like ten degrees outside, I ain't going to a gym to do it, and I just hate running of any kind, period. I feel like a jerk, runnin' through the 'hood like a yuppie idiot. I try to avoid being seen by people at all costs, but that's fodder for another obscure rant.

hemants
12-09-2002, 11:52 AM
How about jumping rope?

Also, HIIT has to do with the intensity not speed.

I'm sure that running on a very steep incline will be just as intense as sprinting.

restless
12-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by FrusWeighted
What I have against sprinting is... where the hell can I do it? It's like ten degrees outside, I ain't going to a gym to do it, and I just hate running of any kind, period. I feel like a jerk, runnin' through the 'hood like a yuppie idiot. I try to avoid being seen by people at all costs, but that's fodder for another obscure rant.

LOL!

FrusWeighted
12-09-2002, 03:35 PM
So you guys are telling me that HIIT works? All I have to do is go at it for 4 minutes a session, gradually increasing the time, and it'll work? So let's say I've got a HealthRider, which is similar to a rowing machine, and if I perform HIIT with it the best I can, I'll get better results than doing the usual 30-45 minute cardio routine that I've been doing? You gotta be kidding. Has anyone here tried it and can honestly say the got good results from it?

Silverback
12-09-2002, 03:44 PM
whats wrong with 10 degrees? ive been doing it in the uk and its -2 degrees! harden up bhoy. Fitness requires a committment and whether its getting a bit cold or a bit sore is all part and parcel of the lifestyle.

Interval training is a superb method of training and will work better than cardio for losing weight if your diet is in order to :)

B-R

FrusWeighted
12-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Whether you're hardcore or not, running outside in the freezing cold is still wack. The only thing I'll gain by doing that is a sore throat and pnuemonia...
Yup, there's nothing like breakin' a good sweat when it's freezing outside! The way I see it, if it's cold enough to freeze a puddle on the sidewalk, I ain't gonna run and sweat out in those elements. I might as well lift weights at the TB clinic. I ain't lookin' to be "Rocky". I agree that you gotta work hard to get in shape, and I'm willing to do so, but why suffer needlessly when there are options?

PowerManDL
12-09-2002, 04:40 PM
I have used it actually, and yes it does work quite well.