PDA

View Full Version : Am I on the right track?

Rycherx
07-09-2001, 03:45 PM
Ok...I just turned 23 and started working out end of January of 2001.
I was 147 lbs..5 ft 10 & 1/2 inches at 10% body fat.
On July 3rd I was at 163 lbs. @ 3% body fat.
Trainer says I have naturally lean genetics and says
I need to take in fatty foods to get bigger.

My average diet is this.

Meal one.
2 scoops of designer protein with 1 cup of whole milk
Bowl of cereal or oatmeal

Meal two.
Ham & lettuce on 2 slices of whole wheat bread
2 scoops of Des. protein with 1 cup of milk

Meal 3.
Ballys protein bar

Meal 4
Canned tuna and bowl of rice

Meal 5
one chicken breast and 2 slices of bread

Meal 6
Myoplex shake

How is that? I just signed up for a personal trainer for $65/hr. I hope I didn't waste my money. I really want to get up to 175 by the end of the year. It feels like it is taking forever. I have never been over 150 till now. Eventually I will plateau. I can't force feed myself and make myself eat more or I'll puke or gag on my food.

Another question.
I tend to drink beer on Friday or Saturday night. I get the impression that it screws with my diet on Satuday and Sunday. I actually come in Monday at the Gym 3 lbs. lighter than I was the week before. I would then have to regain it back by Wednesday and hopefully gain more during the week than what I lose on the weekend. Does anybody face this problem? Maybe I should cut alcohol out all together to get my moneys worth with the personal trainer and at least until I reach 175 by the end of December.

RycherX

Spiderman
07-09-2001, 04:24 PM
Are you sure that that you're not at 163 lbs and 13% bodyfat?? Going up 16 lbs and down 7% bf would make you one ripped MOFO. As for your diet.. I'd try to go up in carbs. How many grams of protien and carbs are you taking in on a daily basis? I'd recomend 350-400 g of carbs and around 200-225 g of protein.

As for the alcohol.. the reason you came out lighter a couple days later was probly just from losing water over the past few days. You must remember alcohol wiill dehydrate you so you need to drink a lot of water the day after to make up for it. IMO, i think you could do without the personal trainer. You can get the same advice and instruction from all of us on here and get it for free. I'd ditch him.... Spend the money on supps or other stuff. If you want to drink then just do it once a week on a cheat day or somethin. Hell you're tryin to gain weight so eating perfect isn't really a necessity. Hope this helps some. ;)

Rycherx
07-09-2001, 06:11 PM
Well, I know that it hurts $ when you get a personal trainer. I'll try it for this month stretch. If I don't think it is worth it, I'll never ever do it again.

Is my body fat really @ 3%? No ....its more like 3 1/2 %
I was pretty surprised how going from 3 to 6 meals of about 165 g of protein and low fat diet made this much of a difference. I am vietnamese. I'm thinking I have the genetics to get lean, but not huge. I'm at a decent height. I'm just pushing myself to 175 by this year.
I know a lot of people may argue that I don't have to be picky with what I eat. Before, I'd eat like a cow everything I saw, but I always hit a plateau at 150. I was still cut back then. Now, my stomach is twice as small eating more frequently and concentrating mainly on protein intake and I went from 148 to 163. Go figure!! I'm also mixing some glutamine with creatine.
I eat sandwiches all the time and the protein that I may miss out on, I'd mix 2 scoops of designer protein. If I can't prepare a meal, I'd get a myoplex or a protein bar. So far so good. My personal trainer starts me tomorrow. He says that he can train me at a level where I will be 4 to 8 lbs. heavier and get more muscle separation too. Can't wait.
rycherx

Rycherx
07-09-2001, 06:15 PM
I heard that you may get so caught up in the protein thing that you neglect your carbs.
I haven't counted my carbs yet, but I try to always get a portion of it for every meal.

Ex. 2 slices of whole wheat bread
or bowl of oatmeal
bowl of rice

Don't want my body to tap into my protein.

Spiderman
07-09-2001, 06:29 PM
Thats correct, but if you're tryin to put on size then up your carbs bro. Your body needs that energy. Trust me a little bodyfat never hurt anyone.