PDA

View Full Version : My mom is given me problems....

Munky
12-09-2002, 06:53 PM
My mom is worried about me having a heart attack from consuming so many calories. I don't get it i'm pretty active between walking in school and gym, and i work part time as a fence builder, and i lift, and do other activities like play paintball and other sports i don't see what shes so worried about. Is she right in being worried about this? I mean i'm skinny and trying to bulk up but shes trying to stop me cus of how worried she is. Please reply.

GonePostal
12-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Sit down with her and get down to the real problem she has with you eatting. If she just has general concern and no real facts to back it up, make sure you have some material for her to read. Even better explain to her what your trying to do (goals) and how your doing it (methods). Then explain how these are not adversely effecting you. (Assuming you eat clean, or close to)

Munky
12-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Thanks Gonepostal. I didn't think i'm at that big of a risk cus i do try to eat clean i do make the usual slip up here and there by eating pizza or something but i usually eat clean.

nejar462
12-09-2002, 07:09 PM
umm, why dont you go see a doctor every 6 months, like you're supposed too, and when he says you're good she won't bother you.

I mean the whole nine yards too, total body check up, blood+urine sample

Saint Patrick
12-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
umm, why dont you go see a doctor every 6 months, like you're supposed too, and when he says you're good she won't bother you.

I mean the whole nine yards too, total body check up, blood+urine sample

lol "Turn your head and cough"

Shao-LiN
12-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Yah, have her go to routine check ups with you. If you want, dig up articles and research on the subject so she can read up on the science behind it.

Vido
12-09-2002, 09:32 PM
Inform her that the way you eat is probably much healthier than the way she does (unless of course your Mom is a health freak, but that's rare).

Berserker
12-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Sounds like your pretty active. Most active people eat. Would sghe rather you be a bog of bones? I think some people concern about eating lots is they are fat and think you will get fat. Try to explain your not eating junkfood. If you are shes right.

Ferdo
12-10-2002, 10:44 AM
Haha same thing here, My grandmother thinks I dont eat enough because i wont eat at her house because she only makes unhealthy yet very good food, and my parents think i eat to much because they spend over 30 bucks a week on just turkey breast.