PDA

View Full Version : Peep My Diet...Tell Me What You Think

FrusWeighted
12-10-2002, 10:01 AM
I started this diet recently. Is this good for getting in shape? I'm lifting pretty heavy as well.

Here's a sample of what I'll eat in a day:

Meal 1:
5 egg whites(2 yolks), Lean Body protein shake(with a spoonful of vanilla yogurt, spoonful of natural peanut butter, a dose of creatine, and a serving of psyllium husks, water and ice), half a banana.

Meal 2:
Small salad with one tablespoon of Flax seed oil, 8ozs. of tuna in water.

Meal3:
Small salad, 1 tbs. olive oil, 8ozs. turkey breast (no skin), 1&1/2 cups of pineapple chunks.

Meal 4:
10 almonds, small salad, 6 ozs. broiled swordfish, 6ozs. lowfat cottage cheese.

Meal 5:
Lean Body protein shake (same ingredients as above)

Throughout the day I'll also take extra doses of creatine with about 4ozs. of fruit juice.

Is this diet all right for losing fat while keeping/gaining muscle?

I'm lifting weights three days a week, using the heaviest weight I can handle for each exercise. No cardio yet because I'm still contemplating trying HIIT, but all I got is a HealthRider and a stationary bike, so I don't know if HIIT would be a good choice.

Bless me with your infinite wisdom.

Tryska
12-10-2002, 10:39 AM
are your goals to bulk or cut?

the diet looks quite solid, however, how many cals are oyu taking in?

also what is the macronutirent percent break down on that?

_-_v_-_
12-10-2002, 11:07 AM
No carbs?

Tryska
12-10-2002, 11:10 AM
he's got salads, almonds peanut butter, yogurt, and the carbs from the mrps in there.

FrusWeighted
12-10-2002, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna try this diet while lifting. I'm undecided on whether I'm trying to "cut up" or "bulk" up...I'm just gonna eat like this and work out and see what happens. I'm trying to skew it more towards the "cutting" aspect of it. I'd rather lose some fat than try to get much bigger at this time.
Would this meal plan be good for losing fat while building/maintaining muscle? I got a roll on my gut and some torso flab to dispose of, so I figured that this diet would be good for bodybuilding. Whaddaya think?

Shao-LiN
12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Sure, if it's under maintenance and provided the cals aren't too low.

bradley
12-10-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by FrusWeighted
I'm gonna try this diet while lifting. I'm undecided on whether I'm trying to "cut up" or "bulk" up...I'm just gonna eat like this and work out and see what happens. I'm trying to skew it more towards the "cutting" aspect of it. I'd rather lose some fat than try to get much bigger at this time.
Would this meal plan be good for losing fat while building/maintaining muscle? I got a roll on my gut and some torso flab to dispose of, so I figured that this diet would be good for bodybuilding. Whaddaya think?

I agree with Shao-Lin about the cals. You will lose weight if you are in a caloric deficit. I was also wondering why you will be taking more than one dose of creatine a day? IMO 5g per day on workout days would be sufficient.