PDA

View Full Version : Diet help

Ferdo
12-10-2002, 09:53 AM
Hi guys, just started up a new diet and I was never any good of getting the macronutrient breakdowns. I was wondering if you could help out. Im currently looking to loose body fat, while keeping muscle. Here it is. If you have time if you could estimate calores, protein, carbs, fat. Greatly appreciated if you could.

Breakfast

1 Kellogs Special K Bar 91 cals 1.5 g fat 18 g carbs
1 Slice of toast with strawberry Jam
1 Bannana

Lunch

1 Grilled Chicken Breast Burger
small Salad
1 Apple

Mid Afternoon

1 turkey Breast Sandwich (4 slices turkey breast)
Piece of fruit 1 cup melon

Dinner

1 Veggie burger
2 eggs Scrambled
1 slice of Toast with Jam

Mid Evening
Steak Top Round 4 Oz
Fries homemade with table spoon olive oil baked

Before Bed

Fruit 1 cup cantalope
Special K Bar

Relentless
12-10-2002, 02:39 PM
www.fitday.com

create a profile there; it will tell you the macro breakdowns when you input the foods you're eating

if you expect meaningful advice/responses on your diet, you ought to post other relevant info along with it, including: Age, weight, BF% (if known), fitness program, etc, etc. These will all radically impact what kind of diet and total # of cals you should be on to meet your goals.

At first glance, your diet looks a bit high in carbs and sat. fats.

bradley
12-10-2002, 02:42 PM
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR15/sr15.html

This might help as well.

Ferdo
12-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Ok, Fit Day was Great. I got my new diet, I had to tweak it as you were right to Many Carbs.

Breakfast

Protein Shake with water 1 Scoop
Kellogs Special K Bar
Slice Whole Wheat toast with tablespoon Jam

Lunch

Grilled Chicken breast 4 OZ
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Protein Shake With water 1 Scoop
1 cup Cantaloupe

Mid Afternoon

4 Slices turkey Breast
half slice provalone
1 tablespoon rduced fat Mayo
1 Whole Wheat Roll

Dinner

Steak 4 OZ
2 Eggs Scrambled
Tablespoon Margerine
1 slice toast with Jam

Before Bed

Kellogs Special K Bar
1 Cup Melon
Protein Shake 1 Scoop

2036 calories, 203 grams protein, 41 % protein, 31 % Carbs and 29 % Fat. I am 21, 5 8 155 Pounds. Lift about 4 days per week.

Does this look OK. Am i still missing anything? Im also taking Hydroxycut. I want to loose that extra skin on my gut, as it is still there from when i lost 40 pounds when i was younger. I was a chubby kid as I weighed more when I was 14 then I do now. I want to lose that before I bulk and hopefully get to 175.
Should I add in some cardio?

bradley
12-10-2002, 05:12 PM
I would see how the weight loss goes before adding in the cardio. Let the diet do the work and when weight loss plateaus then you might think about adding in the cardio.