PDA

View Full Version : Where am I.....the UK???

Denny
01-26-2001, 07:00 PM
Ok, is this board based in the UK??? I am getting awfully confused by the kg's and the g's, and the like. Why can't you people use the system that YOU started...go back to pounds, quarts, pints, gallons, miles...etc....I am getting confused!!! LOL

kiwimade
01-26-2001, 08:59 PM
Leave the past behind.....come into the future with the rest of the world......it's nice here......

Joe Black
01-27-2001, 02:49 AM
Hey Denny..

LOL, in the UK we use kg's and grams...

Theres a mix of people here from the UK, USA and many other places..

Our wieghts over here are different. It was only the other day that I realised "a plate" was about 20.2 KG's...

I always thought it was 25 KG's as thats the highest plate we get here... So I was telling everyone I can;t wait to squat 2 plates either side on squat and I was actully doing over 2 plates !! LOL... :D

Shaggy
01-27-2001, 02:58 AM
If you used the big plates more often Hulk, you may have realised sooner! lol!!

BTW where did you get the 0.2 kg from, the one's in my gym are definitely 20kg slabs.

Joe Black
01-27-2001, 03:38 AM
yeah but in the USA I think a plate is considered 45 lb's..

which comes out at 20.45 KG plates..

Of course over here we go by kg's so yeah we have 10, 15, 20 and 25 kg plates...

You know those wussy Americans.. Wanna go by lb's so there lifts are higher numbers :D

Pup
01-27-2001, 09:48 AM
Watch it ****er, j/k. It's not our fault that the american government is stuck in the 19th century. Remember, it's not how much iron you push, it's how you push it.

kat
01-27-2001, 10:50 AM
Us Canadians are weird; we use both and are mostly fluent in both. I'm in the transportation industry and we are forced to use mostly imperial because trucks come in feet, not metres. skids are in feet as well.
Our cars work on metric, our gas is metric, our weather is in celsius, distances are km. Out gyms have imperial plates, we cook in imperial and Fareinheit.

Screwed up, eh? Thats what happens when you are the country that tries to make everyone happy. LOL...:D

Denny
01-27-2001, 10:59 AM
wow, I'd hate to live in canada.....just plain confusing..lol.... actually, I visit Quebec every year (family lives there). I always wondered why you guys who call yourself such things as "Hulk" only lift "20.5" plates...Just playing around.... have a nice Saturday!!

David
01-28-2001, 12:56 PM
Denny, believe me, I know how you feel, dude!

Half the time when I am in the chat room I have no idea what the fu*k is going on!!!

What the hell are stones anyways?

:mad:

I better grab a hold of myself, I feel like my head is about to explode!!!

AARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Franco
01-28-2001, 02:11 PM
14 pounds to a stone triple p:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-29-2001, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by TripleP

I better grab a hold of myself, I feel like my head is about to explode!!!

AARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Calm the feck down you nonce. You're gonna give yourself heart attack at your rate!...