PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Question........

InfinitePower
12-13-2002, 10:47 PM
If your a Vegetarian, how do you get protein? What if you don't take in Protein powder Either and your a Vegetarian? How do you get enough Protein? Im not a Veggy, but just curious.

AstronautJones
12-14-2002, 02:27 AM
There are numerous foods that are protein rich. Like various vegetables.

bradley
12-14-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by InfinitePower
If your a Vegetarian, how do you get protein? What if you don't take in Protein powder Either and your a Vegetarian? How do you get enough Protein? Im not a Veggy, but just curious.

Some vegetarians do eat dairy products along with eggs. Others would get protien from plant based sources (soy, tofu, veggies, etc.).

www.vegsource.com (Compliments of hemants)

mixta
12-14-2002, 06:22 AM
Good question InfinitePower, Ive wondered that myself.

restless
12-14-2002, 08:08 AM
It they're real vegetarians (no dairy, eggs or fish), they'll have to resourt to things like soy, beans and alike.

I have been a vegetarian before, luckily I came to the conclusion that from an evolutionary perspective, vegetarianism is plain wrong, it goes against 2 million years of evolution and doesn't contribute positively to your health, so I resumed eating meat, with vast improvements in my health, I should say.

Regardless of what vegetarian propaganda might say.

Majestic
12-14-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by restless
it goes against 2 million years of evolution and doesn't contribute positively to your health, so I resumed eating meat

Correct.

To quote Homer Simpson, "....shut up, boy.....facts can be used to prove anything that is even *remotely* true......";) ;)

I suggest that vegetarians try a cup of this: EAT MY PLAYING!! (http://majesticvh.home.attbi.com/maj1.mp3)

FinAtrooPer
12-14-2002, 01:58 PM
if a vegan eats dairy products and eggs they are not a vegan now are they vegan style diets are probably the worst diets you can engage in

bradley
12-14-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by FinAtrooPer
if a vegan eats dairy products and eggs they are not a vegan now are they vegan style diets are probably the worst diets you can engage in

There are different variations of vegetarians.

AJ_11
12-14-2002, 04:22 PM
I enjoy veggie burger on occasion, I hate burgers( not Beef, just hambergers) so it makes a nice substite. There is also soy which looks like the most versatile food for a vegetarian, contain tons of protein.

I have a few friends that are vegetiarians who do it for health reasons but then i see them eating fries and "veggetarian pizza" I tell them that by them eating that stuff will defeat the point of eating healthy.