PDA

View Full Version : Tiare's weekly update

Tiare
12-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Hope I keep this going! Feel free to post if you like, I'll read any suggestions. Thanks!

OK, bit low on calories this week, but that's OK. I don't seem to be dropping weight very fast so I'm not too concerned and I have quite a bit of extra fat that I can cut anyway.

Started some cardio this week. Just 2 nights for 1/2 hour each night HIIT on the treadmill doing a 1 minute/1.5 minute (sprint/walk) split. I'm going to add some morning cardio. bike/swim/run. Maybe I'll do an iron man some day. LoL.

I decided to change my lifting routine. Basically I'm doing a 2 week split where I switch back and forth between compound and isolated exercises for each body part. I'm also changing my routine so that I'm doing back on Mondays and Legs on Fridays so I have more time between them to recover.

On Saturdays I'm doing Clean & Jerk exercises in the morning:
Clean and Jerk 1 x 6
Clean only 3 x 6-10
Front squat 3 x 6-10
I'm still learning form and neural pathways here. Keeping the weight low (95lb on all exercises).

Workout looks like this:
Week 1
Day 1
Compound back
Deadlift
BB rows
Cable pulldown
Isolated shoulders
Shrugs
Front raise
side raise

Day 2
Compound bicep
?are there any compound bicep exercises?
Hanging bicep chin-ups
Incline DB curls
Isolated chest
Pec-deck flies
Cable flies
Pullover

Day 3
isolated leg
Lying leg curl
Leg extention
Standing hip extention
seated calf raise
Compound triceps
Close grip bench press
Tricep dips
BB military press
DB press
Lateral rows
Isolated back
good mornings
Machine pullover
Reverse seated flies

Day 2
Compound chest
Bench press
Incline DB press
Decline DB press
Isolated bicep
E-Z bar curls
Reverse grip curls
Hammer curls

Day 3
Compound Legs:
Squats
Straight leg dead lift
Rear lunges
standing calf raise
Isolated triceps:
Lying tricep extention
Cable pushdown

Overall a pretty good week.

The Calvinator
12-14-2002, 02:10 PM
Workout looks pretty good, I hope this works for you. I thought just a BB culr for biceps was compound, i may be wrong. When are you trying to achieve your goals by? Some of them should only take you a month. I have gained about an inch in my arms in one month before. What kind of reps and sets are you looking to do as well on the other exercises. How old and how tall are you?
And good luck!!!!

beastin v6
12-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Taking any supplements?

Tiare
12-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Since it's now clear to me that I won't be finishing my workout this week (my knee is pretty messed up), I'll be updating my journal a day early.

First, to answer questions, I'm taking no supplements and my goals are not currently time bound. I've lacked intensity on my workouts and goals so that's something I need to re-develop. I'm 71" tall and 32 years old.

This week blew chunks. It was pitiful. I started on Monday by skipping my workout (but I got some good cardio shouting at my deaf girlfriend in a 3 hour argument) and straining my knee. The knee has gotten progressively worse over the the week and today (leg day) it hurts even when I'm just sitting around.

On Wednesday I tried to catch up and I did back, chest, biceps, triceps and shoulders. As you can imagine, it was not particularly intense on any specific muscle group. Just 1 or 2 exercises per group.
Bench press
military press
dips
good mornings
DB curls
BB rows

It's actually quite a bit to do in a workout. really getting quite tired by the time I hit the BB rows. Pitiful workout though.

Averaged 2100 calories a day in a 44/32/25 split and a lot of my carbs were wasted sugars (cakes and candies) which I don't particularly like to admit.

I did do a fair amount of cardio, particularly considering my knee but I think that the cardio may have caused my knee to get worse than it was. Came to about 1:40 in cardio. That was over 3 days and I should have done some today but I didn't want to aggravate my knee (wimp out probably).

Delphi
12-23-2002, 12:14 AM
Good luck on the workouts. For compound biceps movements, I would say supinated chinups, upright rows, pullovers, and supinated pulldowns.

BCC
12-23-2002, 01:56 AM
Suggestion on the clean and jerks. Jerk, then clean.

Delphi
12-23-2002, 07:00 AM
LOL

Tiare
12-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Knee was still pretty messed up last week and it was christmas week so I don't feel all that bad about having bad workouts. I did upper body and it looks like that's all I will be able to do this week too. Maybe I'll try one of the WBB arm routines (add 1/2 inch to your arms) and see how it works while I'm waiting for my knee to heal.

Injuries suck.

Diet was pretty good considering that it was christmas week. I didn't track a few days (c'mon, it was christmas! how do I measure 1/2 a pan of cinnamon rolls, 2 bites from holiday chocolate bar, pinches of ham all day long and whipped cream from wherever I ate it off anyway?) but I still ended up dropping about 1 1/2 lbs.

Couldn't do any cardio. I really don't want to further mess up my knee. It's not that it hurts so much as that when I did try to lift with it before, it just got way worse pretty quickly so I'm going to pamper it.

Should have posted this Saturday, but I didn't. Live with it.

ectx
12-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Sorry about the knee. Knee injuries suck. Just thought I'd drop on in and leave Tryska's shoe. LOL

btw way, cloning is okay, dammit! lol, j/k

Tiare
12-31-2002, 01:09 AM
That's it, I'm cloning ectx's ego and transplanting it into Tryska's shoe!

ectx
12-31-2002, 02:07 AM
LMAO. Do you honestly think it'll fit in there?

*grumble grumble* Who are you to play God with my ego? Me?!!!? Bah. Pfft.

j/k

Have a great new year.

Tiare
01-05-2003, 05:16 PM
OK, this weeks journal: I suck. Nothing more can be said.

Delphi
01-05-2003, 06:20 PM
*waits to see some semblance of a workout here*

:lurk:

Tiare
01-11-2003, 10:28 AM
OK, getting better but a bit confused. As I said; last week I sucked. nothing more. This week was better.

Did a 4 day split with a focus on arms. Don't know exactly why, because I'm on a cutting diet and I really doubt I'm going to get HYUUUUGE arms while on a deficit diet :).

Anyway, did 3 exercises for biceps (3 sets each) and 3 exercises for triceps (3 sets each) on both Monday and Thursday. Intensity could have been better, but it was definitely a thorough arms workout. Tuesday I did shoulders, back and chest (following through on the focus of arms) I did 1 exercise for shoulders, 1 for chest and 1 for back then I did 1 exercise for abs. Friday I did 3 exercises for legs and 1 1/2 exercises for abs. My intensity level was a bit low all week but I still felt good about the workouts in general.

I did 0 cardio and it showed. Although my diet was definitely a substantially deficient in calories (average of 1600 calories a day in a 42/39/18 c/p/f split) I lost only about 1lb of mass. By my previous dietary experiences, my daily maintenance level is about 2800 cal/day which means that I should have lost in excess of 2lbs. I believe that part of the problem here is that I was not doing cardio and my caffiene intake may have been too high. I'm going to look at cutting out quite a bit of caffiene and increasing my water intake. Definitely need to add some cardio in there too. I'm hoping that I can add cardio and increase my caloric intake to about 2200 and see some fat loss. If I don't see some improvement in the next 2 weeks, I'll flip out and try to shock my body by switching to a bulking diet.

Tiare
01-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Again with the 4 day split focus on arms. The workouts were very good and I did significant cardio this week; 4 days at 1/2 hour each day good intensity. Caloric splits were good at 1750 Cal/day (not including cheat day of 4200 Cal :)) with 45/35/20 c/p/f splits. No gains in strength but I'm OK with that because I've focused significantly on form since that was starting to slide.

Now for the bad news. Though I'm in a deficit diet and doing cardio, I gained 2lbs of weight this week. WTF! That seriously ticks me off. Going to post a thread on it asking for advice so please let me know what you think.

Tiare
01-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Good split and workouts this week. did 3 days cardio for 1:40 mixed HIIT and endurance. Lifting was good and I'm back to focus on the form. Still doing the 4 day split but I'm thinking of going to a 3 day split. Not sure.

Intensity of my lifts was great. I was very focused and pushed very hard on the form. Everything except squats. I didn't do my last set of squats to my personal approval.

Diet was pretty good. I'm really looking at bumping to 2800 cal/day and trying to stimulate some growth. Trying to do it clean this time (as compared to all the other times when I just shoved whatever down my throat). But I have to keep thinking on that.

I've decided I'll start up with the creatine again. I've got several jars of it in my kitchen and I've got to get rid of them sometime.

diet was 2100cal/day with a 47/34/19 (c/p/f) split average for the week.

bradley
01-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Has the weight been going down? The reason I ask is because of the thread a while back.

Tiare
01-25-2003, 11:58 PM
Didn't weigh myself :)

Tiare
02-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Good week for my lifting and cardio. Did 2 hrs cardio which felt great and did a 4 day split on the lifting hitting the back on 2 days. Very intense on the lifting portion. Not gaining nor loosing any weight. Probably going to up the calories again this week. I did however re-incorporate creatine into my routine so that may be causing some water weight gains.

Really happy with the lifts. I didn't feel like I shirked any body parts. Good chest, good legs, great back, maybe could have done more on the arms but shoulders were feeling pretty good.

Intake was just under 2000 a day with a 45/35/20 split but I did 2 cheat days. Probably going to add more high GI carbs to my diet just after lifting and just before cardio. Maybe a glass of fruit juice or something like that.