PDA

View Full Version : Night Binge

AJ_11
12-16-2002, 09:24 PM
Well I have this problem. I am not really hungry during the day even though I sometime have to force myself to eat. But different story at night. Now I am making sure to keep it as clean a possible but I make up about 50% of my macronutrients at night before bed. I don't know what is wrong I feel that I have to stuff myself. I know this has to be kept under control but what can I do to stop.

If your answer is going to be eat more during the day I do try. I get full at stop. Different story at night. The upside to this is that doing this for the past week I have not lost/gained any weight but have went from a 36" to 35.5" waist and look generally slimmer.

I am going to have to control this but need some Ideas why this is going on and how can I stop it.

Thor
12-16-2002, 09:54 PM
if you cant stop at least stay away from carbs that late

AJ_11
12-16-2002, 10:12 PM
If I have any it is usually oatmeal or WW puffed rice. Sometime I will eat veggies as well. Funny thing is today I am not in the mood too eat at all but I am going to force myself. I think that I am going through a phase. There has been a lot going on and in life and my mind is just confused. I am just hoping that I can get things under control.

AstronautJones
12-17-2002, 06:32 PM
Yes, I think it is just a phase, and you should FORCE yourself to eat during the day. Eventually you will just begin to get hungrier and hungrier the more frequently you eat. At least that is what I have found.

Miss Rezza
12-17-2002, 08:29 PM
Could this be physcological???......... Binge eating at night is often due to stress or "emotional crap".

I find if i eat a lot at night i don't really get hungry the following day, but then i'll be ravenous again by late afternoon/night........... vicious cycle!!

AJ_11
12-18-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Miss Rezza
Could this be physcological???......... Binge eating at night is often due to stress or "emotional crap".

I find if i eat a lot at night i don't really get hungry the following day, but then i'll be ravenous again by late afternoon/night........... vicious cycle!!

I think that is totally what it is. I am trying to eat more in the day. Good thing is that I haven't really gained any weight from it. Altough I am pretty sure that I get my total cals forthe day even witht he night eating.

Thanx for your replies.

goobermor
12-18-2002, 12:19 AM
i had the same problem...went on for about a week. ironically enough this is while im trying to cut :bang: . it got to the point where my stomach was bulging out, and it was hurting, yet i couldnt stop eating.

one thing that helped a ton was to keep a lot of water around, and drink it constnatly. thou it sure doesnt help the baldder, i rather have a full bladder than scarfing down 1000kcals before bedtime.

pastdoubt
12-22-2002, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I believe night time binge eating is one of two things 1) an emotional thing 2) a habit. Some people who are depressed eat a whole lot, some don't eat much at all, and it seems that usually if they stop being depressed (whether naturally or with anti-depressants) their eating habits flip around, and they either stop eating so much or eat more. I noticed that if I'm under a lot of stress and stuff I will definately binge at night. Even if I get the stress under control it takes a few nights of major willpower before I stop having cravings.