View Full Version : soy for bigger boobs!!(joke)
does soy's isoflavones occupy the same receptors as test and estrogen??im afraid i havent educated myself on soy protein though ive heard both sides of the argument.i hate to say it but ive avoided soy like its the plague because im scared of the estrogen like effects ive heard about
12-17-2002, 11:34 AM
Search archives, plenty of info.
1. men have very few estrogen receptors to begin with
2. 10lbs of excess body fat is enough to fill these
3. isoflavones appear to fill these receptors but are 1/500th the potency of actual estrogen
4. if you've got estrogen related health issues like thyroid then it's best to avoid concentrated doses (ie. isoflavone pills)
5. isoflavones have proven health benefits like raising hdl vs ldl and more (can't remember right now)
6. some cultures have been consuming soy for centuries, no documented case of man boobs other than Sumo wrestlers but that is probably a body fat issue :)
12-17-2002, 12:06 PM
Could not have said it better myself. Let me add, however, that if you're going to consume soy, limit it to 190mg/week.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.