PDA

View Full Version : Diet Comment - This is alot of food. A bit long.

Adamj5
12-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Ok A little about myself. Im 19 , 5'8" , 124.5 lbs... small I know based on everyones comments I decied that I dont need to cut even though I have some loose skin around the mid section I want to shave.

So after coming to my senses and deciding that theres probably little mass below what little fat I do have I am going on my first true BULK.

I have read through countless posts on Bulk diets and the like and found everone usefull but still have questions.

I train four days a week on a two day split with a rest day smack dab in the middle of the week and no work on the weekends. Each muscle gets two good workouts a week with atleast two days reast between workouts.

So here is my diet for a day and questions to follow

9 Am
1/2 Serv Nlarge2 with 1 cup D Milk
1/2 cup oats
11 Am
Chicken Breast Wrap w/Torilla
1 Pm
Tuna 1 Can Straight From the Can
WW Toast x 2 Slices
Natty PB 2 Tbls
3 Pm PostWorkOut
1/2 Serv Nlarge2 with 1 cup D Milk
5 Pm
6 oz Lean turkey Breast w/Tortillia
7 Pm
Tuna 1 can w/Tbls Light Mayo
WW Bread 2 Clices
1 cup D Milk

Around a Gal of Water throught the day

Total
2533 Calories
210 Protein
81 Fat
274 Carbs

When I go to the store I will add Cottage Cheese,maybe some Almonds, some fruit as a snack. I also have some Brown rice and Pasta that will substitute for the WW and Tortillia when I cook it.

As it stands This is a lot of food for me to eat and my thinking was with the amount of training I do I still need around 500 cals??? I could just add another 1/2 serv of Nlarge2 that would be 450 with milk.

Also I currently am doing ZERO cardio but might change with to once a week for vascular health. I work on a computer 50% of the time and lounge the rest of the time.

General Comments welcome.

Shao-LiN
12-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Well, judging by your activity levels (which seems to be nothing aside from lifting) that cal amount is fine. I don't know if you're a hardgainer, but you could actually probably lower it 250 and still be fine.

18 * bodyweight is a good starting point.

bradley
12-17-2002, 03:48 AM
I would just take a full serving of N'large postworkout in water and get rid of the milk.

Adamj5
12-17-2002, 09:47 AM
Shao-LiN by your calculation my daily caloric need is 2232
an online calculator 2359

So I guess Im about where I need to be. I will give this a shot for the week and see where it gets me, If gains are too much I will back down a bit. Hell If i need to drop 250 cals I might just add back some cardio for that.

Overall with the foods I have and the general amounts does everything look inorder??? Do you think my Fats are a too low?

Shao-LiN
12-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Fats look fine. As long as they account for 15% or more of your total calories for the day, I think you're doing fine.

I agree with bradley, you should try to limit weight gainers to post workout due to their high sugar content. Just take the full serving post workout and use it with water. Can drink the milk for breakfast if you want.