PDA

View Full Version : Always hungry when working out???

4mulaJoe
12-17-2002, 08:10 AM

Workhorse
12-17-2002, 08:38 AM
One thought to remember, eating things that are fatty will actually make you feel fuller. I swear I remember reading this on here but I'm not 100% sure. I think if you eat too clean and just have carbs and protein you tend to feel hungrier sooner. At least for me, that's how it is. Just a thought.

bradley
12-17-2002, 09:21 AM
What does your diet look like?

4mulaJoe
12-17-2002, 09:41 AM
My diet isn't the best. I'm not countingt he calories and I am estimating the amount of protein. Typically it could be like this:

5:30 am
6 egg whites
bowl of cereal with skim milk

9am
Tuna Sandwich

11:30am
Just about anything like a foot long sub from subway;sanwidwitch with bag of chips and some fruit; or breaded chicken, etc.

2:30pm
Tuna sandwich

5:00pm
Chicken Breast and Granola Bar

Post Workout 7pm
Glass of juice
More food like the 11:30 meal with additional protein like egg whites or chicken breast. Sometims includes glass of milk.

9pm
Chicken Breast or Egg Whites
Granola Bar

10-11pm
Egg Whites
Oatmeal(sweetened-about 1/2 sugar)

It's not the best diet. I'm am almost ready to start cutting as I want to be leaner. I'm about 5'8" 185. I would estimate 15%BF. This is up from 172lbs a month ago. Bench has gone up 40lbs since then. Everything else has gone up similarly. I'm really not wanting to have to count the calories. I wouldn't mind limiting them or anything, but it is so much work to keep track of the calories when I am out doing things, going out to eat, traveling, etc. I am definately open to input here. Thanks.

Workhorse
12-17-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 4mulaJoe
Post Workout 7pm
Glass of juice
More food like the 11:30 meal with additional protein like egg whites or chicken breast. Sometims includes glass of milk.

9pm
Chicken Breast or Egg Whites
Granola Bar

10-11pm
Egg Whites
Oatmeal(sweetened-about 1/2 sugar)
Man, you should be having your 9pm meal at 7pm. If all you're having after your workout is a glass of juice you're missing on a HYOOOGE opportunity for growth.

I take 30g of protein, 5g creatine and 5g glutamine in the locker room before I leave the gym at 6pm and then I eat another full meal at 7pm or so. Right after your workout, your body will uptake anything you give it, don't miss that opportunity for growth!!! JMHO

4mulaJoe
12-17-2002, 09:52 AM

Shao-LiN
12-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Get some whey protein.

Eat some fat. Your diet is really lacking in fat, which could account for your hunger pangs. You could stand to eat whole eggs instead of the whites.

You should be getting, ideally IMO, 15% or a bit more of your caloric requirements from fat.

At your weight, I hope that's a cutting diet because that's not even close to bulking for you. Either way, I don't think it's great for bulking or cutting.

raniali
12-17-2002, 01:27 PM
yes yes yes - add fat. ideas include: italian dressing or olive oil with your chicken, mayo with your tuna, a spoonful of pnut butter or good ole flax oil.

additionally - i think your hunger maybe stimulated by the amount of sugar you are CONTINUALLY consuming all day (ie, granola bars, sweetened oatmeal). substitute other carb sources (maybe rice, yams, potatoes, or VEGGIES).

bradley
12-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by raniali
yes yes yes - add fat. ideas include: italian dressing or olive oil with your chicken, mayo with your tuna, a spoonful of pnut butter or good ole flax oil.

additionally - i think your hunger maybe stimulated by the amount of sugar you are CONTINUALLY consuming all day (ie, granola bars, sweetened oatmeal). substitute other carb sources (maybe rice, yams, potatoes, or VEGGIES).

Great advice. I think adding more fat will help with the constant hunger pangs.

4mulaJoe
12-17-2002, 02:30 PM

LAM
12-17-2002, 10:35 PM
eat every 3 hours...

what is your fat and soluble fiber intake like ?

4mulaJoe
12-18-2002, 06:45 AM