PDA

View Full Version : Couple foods that I need to know if good for you.

Incognito
12-17-2002, 01:04 PM
1. V8 - is this a good drink and is it healthy for you. I usually drink water mostly but sometimes I would like something else to drink.

2. Pancakes - I went to the store last night and looked for the multi-grained cakes and could'nt find any so I brought the regular ones and used syrup.

3. Apple Juice - I know it is high in carbs and fat so I assume that it isn't good for weight-lifters.

4. Corned Beef/Hash - my family is Jamacian so they cook alot of fat foods, I try to stay away whenever possible but if I have to eat them, how should I cook it? I have a Foreman Grill, should I cook it on that?

My current diet is pretty high calories but very clean 90 percent of the time.

breakfast - Egg beaters, egg whites, I want toast with it but the family but the regular wheat bread and it is high in carbs so I usually down the egg whites with oatmeal (natural) - cup of water with that along with vitimans and flax pills.

Snack - I eat a ton of brown rice and I buy black beans that you have to boil, not the can one. The beans are usually 18 and up in fiber, I eat bean with skinless chicken thighs or drumsticks.

Lunch - usually more brown rice and a choice of meat(dry)

Snack - maybe oats or water

Dinner - Maybe veggies,rice and meats

I don't work at this moment so I have to eat what is in the house, not much I can do about that.

I want to start eating cottage chese on stonewheat bread, stonewheat bread is usually the lowested in carbs that I have found so far.

Anyimprovements.

My split is usually chest/tri's - back/bi's and legs -shoulders.

U usually rest after chest becuase I am very sore.

New to the board, looking to be a regular and learn alot about lifting/dieting

raniali
12-17-2002, 01:22 PM
1. v8 is usually a little high in salt ... but that *really* doesn't matter that much

2. pancakes - yummy! but try not to eat them on a regular basis. there are better choices for carbs and breakfast.

3. apple juice -- since when does apple juice have fat??? 8oz is about 30g carbs, so as long as your diet allows for these extra calories, i don't see an issue with it. personally, i keep fruit to a minimum and prefer higher GI, more complex carb sources

4. hash - well, it is fatty (but you already knew that) and probably contains alot of salt too. again, i wouldn't make it a dietary staple ... but then again, i buy and cook my own food.

i think the rest of your diet looks decent .... alot more carbs than i would eat, but if your metabolism can handle that, than who am i to suggest otherwise?

Manveet
12-18-2002, 05:36 PM
With the oats, rice and beans you're looking good with you're choice of carbs. I would stay away from pancakes, but indulge here and there. I would go with V8 over apple juice, but I prefer water or low fat milk. Skinless chicken breasts/thighs/drums look good, so do the eggs, if you have the money maybe some tuna? and whey?

Saint Patrick
12-18-2002, 06:02 PM
Drink the Low Sodium V8 - That's what I do.

And I'm w/ manveet - Tuna and Whey.

Ritzol
12-18-2002, 07:17 PM
1 yes
2,3,4 no

Nyarlathotep
12-19-2002, 08:33 AM
I usually down the egg whites with oatmeal (natural) - cup of water with that along with vitimans and flax pills.

Good Lord man, I thought rock bottom had been hit when someone had posted a recipe for a tuna shake ;-)

Nyarlathotep

Incognito
12-19-2002, 03:37 PM
No dude, I don't mix it I usually just eat egg whites and oatmeal since the family buys the real harsh type of breads.

Thanks guys for helping me out.