PDA

View Full Version : do peanuts increase risk of cancer?

Reinier
12-17-2002, 02:05 PM
i heard this today.

if its true is it serious, or just a hyped up thing that tested 0.00001 more chance or something.

i eat them all the time so it got to me

restless
12-17-2002, 02:28 PM
As far as I know, peannuts are a potential allergen and are also too high on omega 6, throwing the already poor omega 6 to 3 ratio even more into dangerous grounds. Does this cause cancer? Not sure, but this ratio seems to be responsible for many diseases.

Ritzol
12-17-2002, 02:29 PM
EVERYTHING causes cancer..... don't you know that by now?

:rolleyes:

body
12-17-2002, 05:14 PM
did some batch get contaminated with aflotxins?
In africa this can be a problem, in europe the fod should be tested before sold to say the batch is not contaminated.

Allie
12-17-2002, 06:11 PM
Shhhhh!

I ate a bunch of peanuts today!

Thor
12-18-2002, 12:32 AM
peanuts sometimes contain a contaminant that is the most carcinogenic substance known to man.its a byproduct of mold that grows on peanuts.it causes liver cancer.

YatesNightBlade
12-18-2002, 03:54 AM
I'd be worried about red meat more than nuts.

WillKuenzel
12-18-2002, 03:59 AM
Everything in moderation. If you are going to worry about every little thing that can cause "an increase in the risk" you might as well just put yourself out of your misery as like Ritzol said, its everything.

Just don't worry about and enjoy life.

body
12-18-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Thor
peanuts sometimes contain a contaminant that is the most carcinogenic substance known to man.its a byproduct of mold that grows on peanuts.it causes liver cancer.

aflotoxin.

in the UK they test for it,
its a result of peanuts been left in damp humid conditions. In africa the food safety policy are not implemented in the same way as modern countires so it will still get sold.

Reinier
12-18-2002, 12:21 PM
"its a result of peanuts been left in damp humid conditions. "

so when i leave mine in damp humid conditions the same thing will happen?
I often have eaten peanuts that were kinda damp when i was away from home and brought them

Ritzol
12-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Worry about something a little more dangerous to your health, and stop stressing over peanuts. They're not going to give you cancer, it's bunch of bull****. Moderation is the key to everything. Ya too many peanuts probably aren't good for you, but too much sex isnt good for you either. I think you're stressing way too much. Take a deep breath and relax man.

GonePostal
12-18-2002, 12:58 PM
Yes eatting peanuts causes cancer. But keep in mind not eatting them causes cancer too. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Don't worry about peanuts too much. You don't have to worry about most foods as long as you eat it in moderation. If you want to worry about cancer stop 2nd hand smoking (going to clubs/bars) and stop going any where near a car exaust.

Thor
12-18-2002, 09:41 PM
everything today will kill you just have to decide how you want to die.a piece of @ss or an egg sandwich

BUFF STUFF
12-25-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Ritzol
but too much sex isnt good for you either. .

How you come up with that boffels the mind, are u a virgin? as long as your carefull sex is the bext thing you can do

Reinier
12-25-2002, 04:25 AM
"but too much sex isnt good for you either. "

*BITE*

Miss Rezza
12-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Ritzol
too much sex isnt good for you either.

A lack of sex is 100 times more dangerous IMHO!! :rolleyes:

Shao-LiN
12-25-2002, 10:16 AM
For the love of God, eat the peanuts. So many more things to worry about than that. And if your peanuts are moldy looking and you eat them, I'm worried about you.

Saint Patrick
12-26-2002, 05:00 PM
*Munching on peanuts as I'm typing this*

mmmmmm...........cancer :drooling: