PDA

View Full Version : change of diet

Tank23
12-19-2002, 03:11 AM
I'd just like to inform you all that I've decided to change my diet. I started with a CKD, moved to a TKD, and now I'm gonna introduce daily carbs into my diet again.

As you all may know by now....my new job requires a lot of lifting. While on keto style dieting I was feeling really sluggish for the first 2 weeks or so, then it got better. But, today my workmates and I went to Hungry Jacks (a.k.a Burger King) for lunch, i got a large whopper meal. After eating that, I felt so much more energetic to work. My performance was sky high compared with earlier, in a low carb state.

I will take all your advice, especially the part about the macronutrient ratios not being all that important, more important the cals in VS cals out issue.

I'm gonna probably do a 40/30/30 (c/p/f). That should be just fine for fat loss yeh?

I'm also going to make sure that I don't eat any carbs after 5pm, unless of course if I train later than that.

I've got a question, I'm really not sure on this one, but I think I could be right:
If I were to eat fat and carbs together, the fat is most likely to be stored as triglycerides (i.e: bodyfat) because there is carbs available for energy, unlike on a keto style diet, where fat is the primary source of energy (and ketones too, i know i know)

I read somewhere a while ago that Lyle McDonald lost a significant amount of bodyfat while eating McDonalds on a regular basis. These kinds of take away foods are high in fat, so is my question above totally wrong? Can someone (LAM or chigs most probably) explain the technicalities behind the question I asked? i.e: an explanation on the cellular/hormonal level (if that makes any sense).

AJ_11
12-19-2002, 12:54 PM
Any diet that your using more cals than your taking in will work. As far as the Mcdondonald thing goes. If you were to eat 1 meal a day and It consisted of Mcdess then you are still going to lose weight. You will also lose a muscle mass but you will lose the weight. My friend is on that type of diet, he thinks it's funny that he can lose weight and eat crap. I laugh at the because am noticing tha muscle mass is dissappearing.

Anyways try to keep a clean diet at that ratio and you'll be ok. Try to make "bad" food cheat foods and have them on occasion. Don't worry about the carb thing after 5 but try to keep simple carbs to a min. especially if you eat alot during the day.

Good Luck.

Tank23
12-19-2002, 10:53 PM
thanks AJ, I'm sure this diet will be a lot more convenient, as I won't have to be strictly off carbs

Shao-LiN
12-20-2002, 12:54 AM
I'd probably go 40p/30c/30f. And yah, if you're eating under maintenance, you will lose weight. How effective your cut or bulks will be is questionable, but the weight will drop as long as you burn more calories than you eat. If you ate one burger from McDonald's a day and that's all you ate, you aren't going to magically get fat.

Count the cals.

Tank23
12-20-2002, 10:12 PM
that whole thing about 'if you were to eat only one McDonald's burger a day', I don't think it'd work. Think about it, if you ate one meal a day your metabolism would slow down heaps, causing you to gain fat easier. Right?

AJ_11
12-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Just don't do it. Mcdonald's is sick anyway.

Shao-LiN
12-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Tank23
that whole thing about 'if you were to eat only one McDonald's burger a day', I don't think it'd work. Think about it, if you ate one meal a day your metabolism would slow down heaps, causing you to gain fat easier. Right?

You're welcome to try it, though I wouldn't recommend it. Eating less, is eating less. You see people who starve themselves somewhat, and they lose weight, why? Because they're eating dramatically under maintenance. Sure, your metabolism will slow down considerably if you keep that type of a diet up, but to the point that the 1 burger a day will start packing a load of fat on you? You'd lose quite a bit of muscle, of course.

What will pack on the fat is when you start eating higher cals again. I was merely using it as an example. Eating under maintenance is eating under maintenance. How effective your cut will be plays on a lot of factors, but if you're eating some McDonald's and under maintenance, you'd still lose weight, but I wouldn't consider it the most healthy thing to do.

bradley
12-21-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Tank23

I believe Lyle McDonald was eating one happy meal per day while on his cut along with other meals. He wasn't just eating this as his only meal of the day. If you eat under maintenance you lose weight and if you eat above maintenance you gain.

Tank23
12-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks for that pplz. If any one has anything else they'd like to add about the topic feel free to do so....otherwise my questions are pretty much answered.
Thanks
-Tank