PDA

View Full Version : make your own night-time protine?

thatdaveguy
12-19-2002, 05:04 PM
Wondering if you add a some fiber mix to Whey protine if it will have a longer lasting effect like the "night-time" casesine (spelling) protines. If so, how much fiber?

dave

Stray
12-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Eatting cottage cheese would be simpler.

Or mix the whey with milk.

Budiak
12-19-2002, 06:11 PM
A few tablespoons of flax would work.

AstronautJones
12-19-2002, 08:40 PM
I second the cottage cheese idea. Actually slam a whey shake with milk then eat some cottage cheese. The best of both worlds. :D

Blood&Iron
12-19-2002, 08:44 PM
Why not just buy some casein?

Much of the time, I don't really want to eat anything just before bed, otherwise, cottage cheese or some meat would work as well, if not better.

bradley
12-20-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Budiak
A few tablespoons of flax would work.

I was under the impression that liquid fats will not slow absorbtion.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Not with liquids no, but with solid food they do.

Make sure it's mashed in well though.

littleman
12-21-2002, 01:11 AM
1. Drink a protein blend, not whey, like Pro Blend 55 or ProM3 with a solid food like cottage cheese with milk as your liquid base.

2. Just drink 5 or 6 cups of non-fat milk, and not worry about the lactose carbs.

thatdaveguy
12-22-2002, 08:21 PM
I know I could buy some but I already have enough crap (i mean nutritional supplements) in the kitchen. Room is quickly running out. Another 5 or 10 lb bag of mix and the wife will probably dis-own me for good!

Budiak
12-23-2002, 06:00 AM
Why wont liquid fats slow absorbtion? Because they float on top?

What if he used flax seeds or powder?

How about you take the flax, then jump up and down for twenty minutes to shake it all up?

bradley
12-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Budiak
Why wont liquid fats slow absorbtion? Because they float on top?

What if he used flax seeds or powder?

How about you take the flax, then jump up and down for twenty minutes to shake it all up?

The liquid fats will not slow absorbtion because the oild will just sit on top of the fluid in the stomach (oil and water don't mix). I would think that the powder or seeds would slow absorbtion just like psyllium husks(sp?) would.

As far as jumping up and down I am not sure. Haven't read any comments on that. I know that if I jumped up and down for twenty minutes immediatley following a big shake I would probably puke.

Fluid
12-23-2002, 11:17 AM
Pre-sleep meal:

ZMA - 30 minutes before meal.

20g whey
20g soy
20g casein
10g l-glutamine
2T Udo's oil blend
20g ProFibe (fiber)
1 EAS AAB
1g vitamin c

I order the protein combination from proteinfactory.com. ProFibe is available at many online supplement retailers. This pre-sleep stack will help keep catabolism away for many hours.

Fiber slows the release of aminos to the blood in the small intestine and fats slow gastric emptying in the stomach. The 3 protein's will keep aminos flowing for hours.

gettinjackT
12-24-2002, 02:03 PM
or if you don't want to waste your money on all those damn supplements, go with:

(of course, adjust proportions according to your caloric requirements)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 tbsp olive oil (best if mixed in the cottage cheese)