PDA

View Full Version : How much %BF can one losse in 1 month

Davy
12-20-2002, 02:10 AM
Assume you eat pretty right do cardio and train good.
How many %BF can one loose in one month , lets say the average person.

I know this depents from person to person but there has to be some kind of indication somewhere.

Im cutting for almost 1 month now (using ECA also and measuring the BF with an eletronic tool , donno how accurate this is )and lost like +- 1% BF , is this good or am i below above/average.

Want to here from you guys how much you did loose in 1 month.

Merry Christmas and e happy Newyear!!!

YatesNightBlade
12-20-2002, 04:58 AM
1 - 2lbs a week is a good rule of thumb.

Oh and Merry Christmas dude.

Shao-LiN
12-20-2002, 12:30 PM
Not much, really. 1-2 pounds per week, so if you're losing all fat at 2 pounds per week, you should be losing 8 pounds in a month. Depending on your present bf%, you can calculate what that amounts to.

Saint Patrick
12-20-2002, 06:38 PM
Do you mean with or without gear?

Behemoth
12-20-2002, 07:02 PM
Do you mean with or without heroin?

Raj
12-20-2002, 09:32 PM
1% a week is acheivable with hard work and no gear involved.

littleman
12-21-2002, 02:04 AM
I lost 5% in a month by eating literally ONLY MRPs 5 times a day, doing 30 minutes of cardio. every morning, and swallowing 3 Dymetadrine Xtreme a day.

Shao-LiN
12-21-2002, 04:08 AM
That's probably one of the unhealthiest routes to go due to the high sugar content in most MRPs. And assuming the average MRP bar (i.e. Fuel Plex) has 300 calories per bar, that's only 1500 cals. Too few for my taste.

Good rule of thumb, 1-2 pounds per week. Any less, lower the cals. Any more, up the cals because you run the risk of losing your hard earned muscle.

Behemoth
12-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Shao couldn't have said that any better, that't gotta be one of the most unhealthiest routines. Take it slower, be patient and in the long run you'll save yourself time.

lazyman79
12-21-2002, 01:36 PM
Even with losing that much weight 1-2 pounds a week wouldn’t you lose some muscle along with that? That seems like a lot of weight to lose for just being fat.

bradley
12-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by lazyman79
Even with losing that much weight 1-2 pounds a week wouldn’t you lose some muscle along with that? That seems like a lot of weight to lose for just being fat.

I would say that 2 pounds a week would be a little much to lose each week. Whenever cutting it is most likely that you are going to lose some muscle but a smaller caloric deficit would probably help to minimize the amount of LBM lost. I would say shoot for 1 pound a week to minimize muscle loss. I am not saying that you can't lose 2 pounds of fat in a week but it is unlikely.

Shao-LiN
12-21-2002, 06:49 PM
I'd say 2 pounds is the max amount before I start worrying. You run the risk of losing some LBM with any cut. The trick is how to minimize it.

If you're going to get picky and say you lose miniscule amounts of muscle when losing a pound a week too, ok. I'd say, most likely, most of it would be fat. But if you're losing upwards of 3-5 pounds per week or more, then how much of that do you think is fat? and muscle?

The slower and more careful you drop the weight, the better chance of you saving LBM. The faster it drops, you can lose just as much muscle as you do fat which pretty much negates a previous bulk period.