PDA

View Full Version : Eggs

Big & Tall
12-20-2002, 12:35 PM
In an effort to get as much sleep as possible, I was thinking I would start keeping a container of pre-scrambled eggs (real eggs, mind you, just cracked & scrambled) in the fridge so I could cook them immediately. My question is, is this inviting food poisoning? Is it safer to keep them in the shells until they are ready to eat, or is scrambling them and keeping them in a container okay?

AstronautJones
12-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Scrambling them and keeping them in a container should be fine, as long as they are kept refrigerated.

GonePostal
12-20-2002, 02:01 PM
Like the avatar. =) Transformers rule!
Why not just crack them from the shell??? Takes like 3 seconds per egg. Don't need to prescramble your eggs. Just crack them in the pan and scramble them in the pan. That's what I do to save time

raniali
12-20-2002, 02:32 PM
u can buy big tubs of egg whites ... so pre-cracking them isn't an issue.
food poisoning from eggs comes from the shell actually - that's why it's important to cook them fully

Berserker
12-20-2002, 03:32 PM
You could make an omlet the night before, they nuke good. Scambled eggs probably too. Then you would really save time in then morning.

Tiare
12-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Have you considered hard boiling them instead? They keep for days that way.

body
12-22-2002, 08:23 AM
you can freeze cooked egg whites.
Though they become more rubbery as a reuslt.

fresh cooked egg whites last about 12 days if vacummed packed and chilled down very wuickly.

HArd boiled aggs, then kept in brine will last about 7 days if chilled.

Berserker
12-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Pickled eggs last a long time. Had one last night I made in september. Usually I only keep them a few weeks. It was good. Not at all rubbery. I do keep them refrigararted.