PDA

View Full Version : Family Christmas

Allie
12-21-2002, 10:19 PM
OK I had my family christmas party today, not just one side, but both my mom and dads families 3 hours apart. Now I know why I never talk to my family. Not only am I nothing like them, but they all hate each other and put on a show for a few hours once a year and in the event that any relatives die or get married.

So in the event of the holidays, anyone else wonder about their families? I know I look nothing like my family (seriously), nor do I act like them.

Sorry I know it's random

BadKarma
12-21-2002, 10:25 PM
been there, got pictures...

Ritzol
12-21-2002, 10:25 PM
I wonder about my family all the time..

I have cousins I don't even know..... a brother I never see, unless he comes home because he has no money, and my sister..... well she's just crazy like me, so we get along well most of the time, and when we don't holy ****.. watch out. As for my mom and dad, well they're my parents.. Two Grandma's I have left... one I'm really close to, I basically grew up there, other grandma I feel really uncomfortable around. Aunts and Uncles... I don't even really know them either.. Our extended family never gets together, unless there is some major event...wedding, holiday, funeral, graduation.... and even then it's like we're strangers.

haha ok I'm done, didn't mean to go through the whole family tree, but hey.

Manveet
12-21-2002, 10:50 PM
Same here, not really "family oriented" I guess? Other then my immediate family of bro, mom, dad, never really meet the extended family much. Seen a few aunts, uncles, cousins here and there, but we're not really close.

Jeremy Ray
12-21-2002, 11:47 PM
My immediate family drives me crazy. Not to close to any of my aunts or uncles, they talk to me when they want my help. Most of my cousins are younger than me and annoy me I really hate 2 of them... I also have 2 cousins that I don't mind. One of them is even pretty cool.

IceRgrrl
12-22-2002, 09:02 AM
All of us in my family are completely different...my two brothers, my sister, and I all look different and have very dissimilar personalities. I have to say that we all get along much better now that we don't live together and can appreciate the one time a year we spend catching up with everyone, but by the end of the week, we start to wear on each other...

My extended family are all too far away to see very often...and that's probably a good thing.

Reinier
12-22-2002, 10:15 AM
i get along better with my sister now that she moved out