PDA

View Full Version : Multivitamin before bed

AstronautJones
12-24-2002, 01:35 AM
Would it be beneficial to take a multivitamin BEFORE bed? I mean most multivitamins are time-released, therefore it would release vitamins and minerals while you are sleeping. I don't know it's just something random I thought of. Any thoughts?

body
12-24-2002, 08:04 AM
it fine to take it before bed.

bbbd
12-24-2002, 10:25 AM
aren't some vitamins fat soluble? Some need to be taken with food I think.

Fluid
12-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Almost every mutli-vitamin/mineral should be taken with a meal.

Fluid

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-24-2002, 10:50 AM
"Almost every mutli-vitamin/mineral should be taken with a meal."

Yes. Definately.

There's also jive about certain minerals competing for absorption, so taking certain ones in the morning and some at night may be an idea. If it's impractical then what the hell.

I think there's some available supplement idea like that. A dorian yates approved one i think.

AdamGberg
12-24-2002, 01:22 PM
after a well balanced breakfast is when most vitamins are recomended to be taken...and makes your pee cool colors like bright yellow

12-24-2002, 02:23 PM
why not just take it with your post-workout meal?

Insulin will be high to help shuttle the nutrients around.

Fluid
12-24-2002, 03:03 PM
I don't think we should worry about frvilous things like when to take our vitamins. I can assure you that this is not holding your gains back.

Fluid

Saint Patrick
12-24-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by AdamGberg
after a well balanced breakfast is when most vitamins are recomended to be taken...and makes your pee cool colors like bright yellow

That happens to me, but only when I take B-complex.

AstronautJones
12-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Well I was just thinking of ways to mimimize fasting as much as possible while asleep.

gettinjackT
12-24-2002, 08:58 PM
vitamins won't minimize fasting, slow digesting food will

body
12-25-2002, 01:44 PM
if your that worried, take two in one day. most are a long way below danger levels.

take one with a meal, one a empty stomach.

if that still does not make you happy. by all like 30 micronutrients. and take them at the best time suited for there absorption etc. that is a bit to much for most of us to do.

plus if your eating a good diet and bulking you should get pletny of nutrients anyway.

GonePostal
12-25-2002, 02:02 PM
IMO taking them in the morning is better since vitamins such as C increase energy levels. Also your body needs nutrients in the morning. =)

AstronautJones
12-25-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by body
most are a long way below danger levels.

That is one thing that I was slightly worried about, is getting too much vitamins/minerals. I am currently taking Serious Mass, which does contain quite a bit of minerals/vitamins, so I was a bit hesitant on taking a multi. But for now I'll probably just take my multi with breakfast, then with dinner or something.

body
12-25-2002, 05:08 PM
astro - The RDA often give max desired levels. work out all your totals and if any are near the level given on the RDA max. post them.

I do not mean the upper intake requirmeent. I mena the max intake before side effects can occur.

some of the vitamins can be taken in mega dose before anyhting bad will happen exact expensive urine.