PDA

View Full Version : Memoirs

Allie
12-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Ok I decided that a new journal will help get my act together *sigh* I have been focusing on school and work, and have just been unhappy with myself and how I feel. Second of all my brother has inspired me (and for those that know my brother or at least my opinon of him will understand that this alone is SHOCKING!) he has lost 70 pounds since I saw him in August and I figured if he can do it, I can too :) Competion is in my blood.

So to get my act together I figured I would go for a 5 mile walk today, yes a walk. It's cold in Michigan and I am babying my knee and hip.

After my walk I came home to find the contractors here at the house riping away at our floors some more and the fact that we had NO water! So I was stuck feeling gross and smelly for a while till I decided to go to my grandma's to take a shower.

Other highlights of the day... I made Chex Mix. This was a new experience, a good time in all. I had never made the stuff before. So armed with three boxes of cereal, a bag of pretzels, and two cans of nuts I went to the stove. I just pulled it out of the oven and everyone seems to be enjoying it, we will know if they live it must be OK.

Thats it for today :) I hope everyone has a geat Christmas Eve! Notice I'm not at evening services ;)

Miss Rezza
12-25-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Allie
we will know if they live it must be OK.

LMAO!! :p

Congrats on starting your very own journal Allie!!

I think it's high time you kicked your brothers butt!!! ;)

oh, btw :spam:

Allie
12-27-2002, 05:11 AM
OK the Chex Mix has a good dent in it and everyone is verticle and breathing. Yeah for something ediable! :clap:

Yesterday I was a schmuck, I went to work (bad day) came home and washed Bear (our golden retreiver) Which was entertaining if you could watch because he acts like he wants to hop out of the tub but he won't, he knows better. So there I am in my shorts and tee in the tub with a wet dog, shampoo all over the place. Bear looked good in the end, and I need a shower of my very own LOL We both smell better and after water went everywhere the bathroom is spotless! I think everyone wins here.

Because the dog was wet I couldn't take him outside and had to go for my walk/run (still more walk than anything)

And last night was an evening to have issues. So thanks to Matt and Rob for listening to me vent :) You guys are SUPER!

Note to self: I need to get my butt in gear with the remodeling

WillKuenzel
12-27-2002, 05:18 AM
Good luck with everything! Sounds like you've got the heart to really get going. Nothing like some healthy competition to really push things along though.

oh and just for good measure... :spam:

ElPietro
12-27-2002, 07:23 AM
Oh my god, you've made two entries into your journal, and neither pertain to a shopping experience! :eek:

IceRgrrl
12-27-2002, 10:31 AM
LOL! Dog washing usually results in having to wash yourself and/or the bathroom. Your doggie is cute ;)

Congrats on the journal, Allie...I look forward to reading it on an ongoing basis :)

Pup
12-27-2002, 10:48 AM
Her dog is a stud, Bear could single handedly pimp an entire country, not necessarily a big country *even golden retrievers get tired* :)

Allie
12-27-2002, 02:59 PM
The plan is to take some new pics of Bear and I while I'm home :) Let me tell you about another productive day at work *lol* No painting trucks, or cleaning trucks, just some gool ol' patching today :) And I forgot one thing to add to the journal, I think an official countdown to my 21st birthday is in order!

20 days!

BTW I love all of the spam in my journal :) It makes it more like my real life LOL

Pup
12-27-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Allie
BTW I love all of the spam in my journal :) It makes it more like my real life LOL

she's not kidding everyone...:)

Allie
12-28-2002, 07:28 AM
It's my day off, and what do you know, I woke up at 7:30 :) Oh the excitment of home improvements!

Allie
12-28-2002, 10:31 AM
OK the last three hours has been spent spackling :) sanding :) and priming :) Oh but it's not any normal house project. It's a dance party too! I'm so glad that everyone is gone today and I get to turn up my music, sing off key, dance and paint :) Oh it's so exilerating and of course the room looks GREAT! Then again it's still just white LOL

rookiebldr
12-28-2002, 10:36 AM
So, I'm guessing that there will be workouts in here eventually, right? ;) Looking forward to reading your journal. :)

Allie
12-28-2002, 06:39 PM
LOL

To the point.... Bear and I hit the road today for a 2.5 mile walk the job is coming along pretty good :) Then I ditched him for some swiss ball action. I was looking for a blank tape today when I found that the swiss ball had had a tape. So being curious I figured what the hell it's worth the try for something new. I'm all about variety :)

Allie
12-30-2002, 03:22 PM
Ok I have been struggling with finding time to workout. Add to that the fact that diet area has always been a struggle for me. Why? Can we all say carbs together, yeah because I eat enough for everyone here at WBB. Seriously I do, why? Because I like them and that just seems to work for me, well not work but fit for me.

I feel good about the food today :) Now where do I fit a workout in? I'm sorry but I'mnot getting up any earlier than 5:30 a.m. and I have been busy with the house after work, so it will just have to wait a week till I get back to LA and have a chance to get into the swing of things.

Other than that I painted all day at work. It would be fun, except that I painted all weekend, I'm so sick of paint Grrrrr Other than that Ashley and I had an incident with a dump truck, the pawerwasher, and me. This is really logical if you think about it. Our boss told us to clean off the truck, so Ashley was spraying and I was checking out the truck and she sprayed we with mud on accident. I so do not recomend a mud scrub this way LOL

Allie
12-30-2002, 06:00 PM
OK I forgot one IMPORTANT thing!

The countdown, I know you all countdown to silly things, but this is the countdown of all countdowns....

17 days till my 21st birthday!

Allie
01-02-2003, 06:49 PM
I've been slacking! :( Work and things at the house, and packing have been CRAZY. Tomorrow I retire from the road commission, no more truck stories, or stories about roadkill (Sorry Icer) The room is on "pause" LOL I leave Saturday morning to go back to LA :) So the room might be left the way it is....

A HUGE thank you to Pup for helping me! :) Your awesome and like I promised anytime you need any home repair project I am so there :)

Oh and 14 more days till my 21st Birthday! :) Pup I'll countdown for you too.... 12 days :) I'll see you Friday or Saturday at Crunchy's! Friday is Karokee night! One word... 80's Music!

Allie
01-08-2003, 06:03 PM
*Blows the dust off her journal*

OK so I have a little updating. Classes started a few days ago and my but has been hiking ALL over campus and back, my roomies usually give me a ride in the morning because it's always SO SO cold to walk (It's a 35-40 minute walk to my morning class) then I stay on campus all day till 4 or 5 and walk home.

This is good that I'm walking around campus a ton, but I always seem to forget to pack a lunch or a snack, that and there is very little room left in mt backpack *lol* So I have to rember that because I have been getting headaches again from not eating.

Other than that I have yet to go running in the evening because i have SO much HW! I have two quizes and two homeworks due every riday now GD freshman classes that I have put off Grrrr

I went back to the Dr this week, my vial infection seems to be a bay right now. They still have me on my decongestant and using an inhaler to help with the general annoying cough that I get. I was also weighed when I was ther...... from Dec 6th to Jan 6th I have lost a 1/2 pound pus the weight of my shoes :) Which is good considering last year during the holiday I gained 10 pounds. It was the first time it had ever happened and hopefully the last.

As for general health, I'm also seeing the Dr about some wonderful *note the sarcasm* femal issues. So I have been a little less than thrilled to keep going to see my Dr.

As for getting in shape for the pagent... Yes I'm using the pagent in June as my goal to be motivated, that and to keep up with my brother, but if any of you know me the pagent is WAY more important *puts on her princess crown*

One of my friends approached me on Monday and told me that she stumbeled across a Body for Life book over the holidays and she read it in less than a week and is pumped about using the program, and she wants me to do it with her. So tomorrow or Friday she is giving me the book to read and gather my opinion. I guess Harry Potter will have to wait *lol*

So overall things are going OK I want to drop out of school and be a bum, and not be in debt. Oh yeah have I mentioned how much money I spent on the GD books I have to tote around. One guy saw me and my fatty backpack today and asked if it was safe to carry that thing *lol* with an Econ book, Zoology book, a trig book, and a soils book ther just isn't much extra room in my bag these days.

OK I'm off to do some SUPER fun HW keep sending IM's and PM to get my but in gear, I NEED it! I should post my class schedule so you all can also make sure that I actually show up for class, I need all the extra little pushes this semester

Oh and 8 days till My birthday! Whoo Hoo! :)

Allie
01-25-2003, 02:17 PM
OK so I have neglected the journal.....

Yeah so far it's a CRAZY semester! I have two freshman class, a senior seminar, and some other lame zoology class. Between class and work I have been running around like crazy.

I have also been a wreck lately, I have new bc and it's totally thrown my emotions for a loop. SO with that and it has changed my appitite, now instead of making sure I eat I'm trying not to eat. And this has been making me feel even more fat.

Yet today my mom came to see me and the first thing she said was that I looked GREAT! I was shocked and asked her what she was talking about, she said I have lost weight. I think she is just lying. Anywho she brought my ice skates with her, so now I can go skating :) Well technically I need to learn how to skate LOL

Other than that my ass so needs to get into gear and get going *sigh*

Allie
02-18-2003, 12:18 PM
OK Pup made me a new diet (bless his heart) but WOW it sucks!

Who really uses REAL butter (I had all i could do to even put it in my cart, let alone use it)
And cheese Grrrr I love cheese
And Mr carb nazi, although I bought organic whole wheat pasta and I know there is no way in hell that it's goin to tase the same.

All of this to look good so I can have a crown *sigh*

But thanks for the new diet, also I eat half the calories that I'm supposed to, and half of it is still carbs. I'm trying though, I really am!

So yeah, me and my cut out carb diet are a little edgy today :(

Allie
02-24-2003, 06:46 AM
So my edgy self and I got on a scale yesterday *sigh* (only due to the fact that my belt was too big and I have to tighten it this morning) Now some of you know how obsessive I can be about my weight (I have realized that I don't need to step on a scale everytime I walk by it at the house)

Well Last night I used my big sis's scale and according to hers I have dropped some good weight, but I will see when I get weighed at my Dr's appt today, yes I was just at the Dr's less than three weeks ago, so we will see what a little awarness about the diet has done. Breaking news will come some time after 7ish

Allie
05-16-2003, 06:48 AM
*Beats the dust off of this journal with a stick*

So last semester was absolutly crazy. SO I decided to take time for ME each day. I have started to work out again :) And I seriously feel better, I've been sleeping better, and well with my stress level I need it to keep me sane.

So heres a little update... I'm taking summer classes so for the next 6 weeks I will have no life and if anyone feels inclined to talk about organic chemistry or molecular biology shoot me a note :) I'm in class from 9 am till about 3 everyday and then I usually go to work for a few hours, come home, and study. So the time working out gives me a break from that. I also have a new job, but I don't start it till June 2nd because of classes. As some know I've very random and spontaneous, so I think these changes will be better than what I have been doing in the past.

So for know I'm doing mostly cardio. Yeah it sucks but it seems to be going OK for now. Although my high kicks were a little wild and I paid for that the next day. Today after class my roomie and I are going to the track to run. We also have another roomies video belly dancing for weight loss (sorry but by that title I at least have to try this, and seriously who doesn't want to know how to belly dance, it could come in handy one day)

WillKuenzel
05-16-2003, 06:51 AM
My best friend has a belly dancing video she bought. Very nice. ;)

Allie
05-16-2003, 08:10 PM
The belly dancing video seems to be MIA, although it was featured in a Cosmo article last month. But we have the roomie on the hunt for it.

Went to the Dr today to get a shot
1) I've gained 5 pounds in 10 weeks! (How does that happen?)
2) My ass hurts now and it made cardio a tad challenging.

Good cardio session before going out to the bar tonight, guess I'll be having the light beer *lol*

the doc
05-17-2003, 10:50 AM
so yo want to talk nucleophiles, electrophiles, and stereochemistry?

lol... i take it that was a depot provera shot?
heh heh... who's teh lucky fella :evillaugh:

Allie
05-18-2003, 05:34 AM
Easy Doc, it's only been 5 lectures. Yeas I'm lucky enough to have orgo EVERYDAY! :rolleyes: And it was my Depo shot, no boy actually, I just broke things off yet again with the guy I have been seeing on and off for 2 years, and I have a feeling that this time really is the last time.

I skipped the bar the other night. Cardio yesterday was GREAT. My roomie and I did Tae Bo in our chapter room. She said that it wasn't effective so pop in the tape and said keep up. Needless to say Billy and I kicked her ass!

I have also increased my water consumption. I'm at about 8 glasses a day. Now if I could only work on the diet part, but yea that would be too much right now :)

I'm off to go do cardio

Pup
05-18-2003, 06:09 AM
AM Cardio :eek:

...great job hon, i'm proud of ya :)

Allie
05-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Yea sometimes you just need to give yourself that motivational kick in the ass.

Note: Day 2 with no nicotine *rollseyes*

the doc
05-18-2003, 10:16 AM
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DEPO !!!!

:bow::bow:

:)

the doc
05-18-2003, 10:16 AM
oh and glad to see your working out!

Allie
05-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Actually I'm not all that happy with the Depo
1. I have gained a few pounds (OK 4 to be exact)
2. They lied, I still bleed (is that too much info)
3. I really hate shots and my ass is still sore two days later

Allie
05-20-2003, 04:49 AM
I slacked yesterday :( I know how silly this sounds. But to keep me on track I decided to use one of my motivational educational tools for the classroom... STICKERS! :) Yup my calender has a daot where the stickers go each day and off days labeled, and yesterday was my first unplanned day off. Today is also supposed to be an off day, but I feel guilty, so if the rain holds out I will go running after class.

Other side note, I got sunburned yesterday! Who gets burned walking home from class"? Granted it is a 25 min walk, but still!?!
Yea I go to a school with a HUGE campus *sigh*

Allie
05-22-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm on pause. Between classes and work (one recptionist is sick so I have been working extra shifts) So between that and study for two HUGE exams I have been on pause :(

Allie
05-23-2003, 05:58 AM
This weekend I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. My road trip to Indiana was xed so that will give me some time :)

Allie
05-28-2003, 09:38 AM
I'm off pause! Yesterday I had some great cardio, and I'm getting into the swing of things after a 10 daybreak.

Since I started with the Depo shot I have gained about 8 pounds, which is not good :(

Allie
05-29-2003, 04:47 AM
OK so I'm getting a little tired of the same old cardio. I was talking to a friend who has lost over 20 pounds and she mentioned that she has been doing pilates, and loves it. So I went out in search of the pilates she does because after talking to a few others I realized she found a good resource.

So I'm going to try this for some variety. I watched the tape last night at 11 when I got home (because I know NOTHING about pilates) and it looks like it's going to be interesting. I'm going to do it tonight after a get back from a fraternity BBQ :)

Allie
06-03-2003, 08:47 AM
The Pilates SUCKED :( So I'm sticking to my cardio :)

It started to get boring so on Sat I ordered some new stuff and it should come this week :)

My cardio calendar has a sticker for the past 4 days :) I'm kicking butt!

I also started my new job yesterday, bad because it's waiting tables and I figured I might eat there. WRONG I really don't like a lot of their food, so no worries about that! :)

BTW Orgo still sucks 21 days till my final, not that I'm counting

Allie
06-07-2003, 01:15 PM
So I have missed two workout this week, mostly because of my new job. I work nights because I'm in class all day. So this might be a rough three weeks ahead of me.

To top it off I realized the new stuff I ordered takes 4-6 weeks to ship. So the earliest I will have them is in 3 more weeks :( Which makes me sad.

On a good note, I've lost 2 pounds, and my left arm is going to be huge from carrying trays. Which I'm not really sure if I'm cut out for this waitressing thing. But I have to pay the bills, so I guess it's better than being a crack whore.

Alex.V
06-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Being a crack whore is ALWAYS an alternative.

I'm likewise counting down the days to the end of orgo. 18 days for me now.

Allie
06-07-2003, 07:11 PM
You suck! :(

At least I COULD be a crack whore who knows a little bit about orgo and even less about molecular bio (which I have a 3.5 in and still can't figure out how that happened)

Allie
06-18-2003, 02:05 PM
A few days ago my new stuff came, and last night was my first workout with out.... WOW! I love it, it's tough, and I am really sore today, I think I will love it!

I also started the food journal AGAIN... I have learned that maybe I eat too much cheese *lol*

Pup
06-18-2003, 06:26 PM
you eat too much cheese...never!

Allie
06-18-2003, 09:38 PM
LOL

I even managed to fit cheese into breakfast! Scrambled eggs with salsa and cheese in tortillas :) Mmmm

I skipped it this morning and had oatmeal (I still think it tastes like ass without brown sugar though)

Allie
06-20-2003, 10:17 PM
OK so the oatmeal didn't taste as bad this morning. The workouts have been tough, but it's worth it, and who knew that climbing stairs was going to be a challenge today.

BTW incase you missed it my pee is neon yellow (see the "My Pee" thread in general health) ;)

Saint Patrick
06-21-2003, 12:14 AM
I used to put a buttload of brown sugar in my Oatmeal on my last bulk. I think it's one of the reasons I gained so much fat. I just started eating Oatmeal again on a regular basis, and I really enjoy it plain now. Just takes some getting used to, I suppose.

(decides not to make a crack whore joke)

Allie
06-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Wow someone actually reads this!

And good call not making a crack whore joke ;)

Pup
06-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Sure people read this...the idea that you are actually eating bodybuilding food is somewhat humorous to me...perhaps its from all those times you teased me when contest dieting ;)

Sara
06-21-2003, 10:15 PM
allie looks like your doing a great job considering everything else you have to do!!

About the oatmeal I add 2-3 pacs of sweet n' lo and it tastes like heaven I suggest you try this!!

Allie
06-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Due to finals, and some major stress I'm on pause till Thursday.

Please pray for me and my orgo final tomorrow at 8 am and my molecular bio final at 12:30

Allie
06-25-2003, 08:19 AM
So after 9 days, a lot of stress and a few cheat days, we know have an Allie minus 5 pounds. Thats just the motivation I needed.

Last night at the Emergency Room I weighed myself while I was bored. No worries I wasn't the patient. My roommate managed to get 2nd degree burns on the bottom of her feet after her flips came off of her feet while she tripped on the curb while walking home. So I atleast got to study at the ER last night.

Allie
06-28-2003, 06:37 AM
So I needed the biggest motivational kick in the ass today to even get out of bed. So that means I HAVE to workout today.

Side note, I did much better than expected on my orgo final and froze up at my molecular bio one, so I'll be getting a 2.0 in both classes

Allie
07-02-2003, 06:54 AM
That motivational kick in the ass has yet to come my way. I need to workout more and more often :( But there is good news I've lost 10 pounds so far and I can one again wear my favorite khakis and my ass actually fits into them with some room to spare :)

Scott S
07-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Good job, Allie! How often do you workout? Any thoughts of adding some weight training?

Allie
07-02-2003, 02:51 PM
I do aerobics with weight training, when I'm motivated to workout, I really think my lack of motivation lately is due to the heat :( I'm going to forget about it for a few days then get to kicking some ass once I have stopped stressing about it.

Allie
07-05-2003, 06:43 PM
With central air now installed I might be motivated to workout tomorrow :)

Allie
07-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Motivation regained :)

But my legs are killing me :(

Allie
07-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Well I can tell you motivation is back, and I can rest assure that I did my workout properly yesterday because I could barely hobble out of bed today

Allie
07-11-2003, 09:06 AM
I count my moving an a workout. It's a big move... upstairs *lol* Between moving the stuff and all those trips up the stairs, I think my weak knee is going to feel it today

Allie
07-24-2003, 12:19 PM
My ass looks great after a week of moving my stuff up the stairs. But I'm sick :( I did get to go home for a few days and that was a much needed trip. I also bought vitamins today because grandma said I should. She believes I'm not ating right because I'm sick and keep getting canker sores, I figure she's old and might know a thing or two, and really it couldn't hurt. So now I'm all vitamined up and hopefully will feel better.

Bam Bam
07-24-2003, 01:56 PM
nice ass

Allie
07-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks Bammer! I assume your admiring the avatar, since you've never seen the real ass ;)

BTW That wasn't an offer either

Bam Bam
07-25-2003, 08:52 AM
sure ;)