PDA

View Full Version : Bishop's Journal

Bishop
12-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone!!!

I just found this board and am looking forward at staying and posting for a long time :D

Just alittle about myself. I am 5'11, 183lbs., 14% body fat. I have been workingout consistently for around 8 years so I am by far no beginner. I have always had trouble adding on weight/size. I am hoping to get alot of feedback from all the members on this board critiqueing my workout and/or nutrition.

I am on a 4000 calorie meal plan, workout 5 times a week now. I am looking at cutting my workout back to 3 days a week from reading a few posts on these boards. My workouts are broken down as follow:

I do mainly 2 exercises per body part and 2-3 Sets

Day 1 (Heavy Day, 8-10 Reps)
Chest
Triceps
Shoulders

Day 2 (Heavy Day)
Legs

Day 3 (Heavy Day)
Back
Biceps

Day 4 (Light Day, 15 Reps)
Chest
Triceps
Shoulders

Day 5 (Light Day)
Legs
Back
Biceps

I am looking to gain alot more strength, which I am having a hard time and gain more weight w/o adding on more BF%. So any help on that would be appreciated.

Bishop
12-24-2002, 10:30 PM
December 24th, 2002

Woke up kind of late today, 10:00 am central, so I had to start my meal off later then usual =P

10:00am - Breakfast
1 1/2 cup Oatmeal
Raisins
1 Egg
2 Egg Whites

12:00pm - Lunch
1 1/2 cup White Rice
Tofu - 8oz.
Pork Rib
*Home for the holiday so had to eat what my mom cooked =P

1:30pm - Workout
Legs:
Leg Extensions - 2 Sets Warmups, 3 Sets 100lbs. / 10 reps
Combination Lunge/Squat
(Lunge Forward/Squat/Lungebackward/Squat) - 2 Sets 140lbs / 6 Reps
*(Lunge Forward/Squat/Lungebackward/Squat once counts as one rep}
One Legged Squat on stepper - 25lb dumbell / 10 reps

Some of these exercises might sound weird and I do not know the technical terms to some of them. I try and do atleast one functional exercise in my workout. So if you want me to go into more details let me know.

3:00pm - Post workout drink
about 400cal. High Performance drink

5:00pm - Snack
Promax Bar - 290 Cal / Carbs 38g / Pro. 20g / Fat 6 g
Banana

7:30pm - Dinner
1 1/2 cup White Rice
Tofu - 8oz.
Pork Rib
*Same as Lunch =P

10:00pm - Snack
Whey Protein Drink

That is it tonite =)

Miss Rezza
12-25-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Bishop

Day 4 (Light Day, 15 Reps)
Chest
Triceps
Shoulders

Day 5 (Light Day)
Legs
Back
Biceps

:hello: Hi Bishop!!

Welcome to the boards!

Just curious as to why you bother with "light days"?? IMHO i don't really see the point!?! :confused:

Also, why not work your shoulders on an entirely separate day??? I have just started doing this as i found that doin' chest/tris & shoulders all in the one day really put stress on them! but hey, that's just me!

Everythin' else looks mighty fine to me...... diet is especially ace!!!

I look forward to reading 'bout your progress!! :)

Bishop
12-25-2002, 06:44 AM
woohoo!!! First reply to one of my posts :p

I really thought about doing the shoulders on another day as it is tough to really hit it hard with chest/triceps. I was working out 5 days a week but was told that it was too much unless I was on AS or GH.

Old workout was:
Day 1
Chest

Day 2
Back

Day 3
Quads

Day 4
Shoulders
Biceps

Day 5
Hamstrings
Triceps

But what I'll do is cut out the light day and add shoulders on a seperate day to make my workout 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, weekend off routine.

Thanks for the advice Miss Rezza :bow:

Anymore advice is greatly welcomed.

Delphi
12-25-2002, 06:56 AM
Welcome to WBB, Bishop! It'll be good to watch your progress. Any thought to doing "real" squats?

BTW I'm doing an upper body/ lower body split done in heavy/light fashion. There's a link in my journal (*plug*) to an article in WeighTrainer on the subject. It all has to do with muscles recovering faster than the nervous system, and being able to sustain another workout sooner.

Bishop
12-25-2002, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the reply Delphi. I actually do "real" squats. Just that I did not have a spotter that day. I love doing squats :D

Thanks for the info and will check out your journal right now =)

Gonna prepare my first meal of the day too.

Meal 1:
1 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1 Egg
2 Egg whites
Banana
1 Cup Skim Milk

Meal 2:
Promax Bar

Delphi
12-25-2002, 08:32 AM
That is a funny feeling to do squats without a spotter or safety stands. I think that's what they mean when they talk about Living Dangerously. ;)

When you do that lunge forward/squat/lunge back/squat exercise are your feet split when you do the squatting part? Or are you lunging forward, bringing the back foot up, and then doing a squat? That could be a very good torture session if it is a lunge, a squat, a lunge, and then a squat. I might be reading that wrong.

Bishop
12-25-2002, 10:56 AM
It is a Right leg forward lunge, a squat, a Right leg backward lunge, and then a squat, Left leg forward lunge, a squat, a Left leg backward lunge, and ends up with a squat. All of that counts as one entire rep. So I normally do about 4-6 reps on this. 6 If I have a spotter.

My feet are only a few inches apart so when I do squat I don't have my feet shoulder with apart. It was a killer. And with this I would prefer a spotter :p

Delphi
12-25-2002, 03:45 PM
That sounds like one brutal exercise!

NateDogg
12-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Welcome Bishop! You're about my size, I look forward to reading your journal... :spam: :D