PDA

View Full Version : Who Ever Has A George Forman Grill??? HELP!!!

KenShamrock
12-25-2002, 06:44 PM
Hey Merry Xmas Everyone!

Ok heres the deal....I got a G.F Grill for xmas (SWEET) But i just lost the booklet...hehe i dropped it behind my stupid oven which cannot be moved.....So i was wondering if who ever has one, to look in the manual and tell me the times for cooking for the following

Boneless Chicken Breasts?

And the Steaks?

Or any other ones that would be good for bulking...Hehhe

OR!!! A site where it shows all the cooking times....Sorry i know this must be a pain in the ass, but i need to know the cooking times! LOL

So it would help me alot if you can give me the time and the heat setting for both of those....Please....Thank you!

-Ken

PowerManDL
12-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Dude, the forums are CLEARLY marked.

Lettuce Face
12-25-2002, 06:59 PM
I've got one of those grills and I've never looked in the instructions booklet. I just cook the meat til it looks done then I choke it down my neck.

Just cut the steak or chicken open and if it's still red then leave it on for a bit more.

FuriousFerret
12-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Agreed with Lettuce, you can't screw up stuff on the grill, just cut it in the center and if it's not red it's done.

ryan1117
12-25-2002, 09:52 PM
It automatically turns off once the food is done. I guess they must have some kind of heat sensor.

Shao-LiN
12-26-2002, 12:45 PM
It automatically shuts off periodically.

And times are just a guideline, you can judge easy enough by looking at it. Beef, if it's cooked on the outside, it's more or less done depending on how red you want the insides. Chicken, no red = done...red = cook it more.

Berserker
12-27-2002, 09:23 AM
I don't think it turns off when the food is done. I hope you don't cook with an oven.

I do chicken breast about 4-5 minutes when thawed. Might depend on size. I knew someone with a smaller one and his instructions were to cook longer.

Why can't you move an oven out? Built the house around it?

NateDogg
12-27-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Berserker
Why can't you move an oven out? Built the house around it?

LMAO

fuzz
12-27-2002, 01:14 PM
A couple ways to tell when meat is done:

- get a meat thermometer and grill till it reads 160...this is the most fail proof way since 160 is the "safe" temp, at least for chicken if I remember correctly

- cut it open and look, as some people have said

- check the texture of the meat - it should be similiar to the texture of your open palm when it is done...it its more rubbery and has more "give" to it, it is not done