PDA

View Full Version : ElPietro's Journal

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

ElPietro
07-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Well, saturday I just tried to pull up to 225 and the hand felt ok, so I figured I'd just go compete and during deadlift warmup, figure out if it was a hinderance.

I'll post an exhaustive recount of yesterday's events for my future, so I can re-read whatever mistakes or experiences I learned.

Anyway, woke up at 6am, showered, then realized it was too early so had a 30 minute nap. Got to the hotel by 10 to 8am. Stood around for about an hour doing nothing, registered my clothing and equipment. Then stood around for another hour. They announced that weigh-ins for the heavyweights weren't going to be until 11am. This pissed a lot of guys off that were probably dehydrated and starving, and couldn't eat until they got weighed in. Luckily, I didn't care, so I went directly to the breakfast buffet in the lobby. :) I was last to weigh in, probably at 11:45 and came in at 112.7 kg. I probably could have dieted these pounds off, but the past week I had been stuffing my face just trying to get calories, and not worry about weight, just trying to not be too weak or calorically challenged for the comp.

There were about 35 lifters, so two flights. They did all the light weight classes first, and the 90kg and up would be after those guys. I watched some of the lifting, and just generally milled about. I had to borrow a singlet, so Harnek asked Sean Brown to bring one in for me. What he brought was a squat suit, although it was loose. Took 30 seconds to get on by myself, so nothing special.

Thought I was in flight B, as someone said the 90, 100, and 110kg groups were in flight A, and the 125 and 125+ were in B. That's when the announcer said flight A was 90, 100 and 125s. This caused a mild panic, as the flight was getting close to starting, and I hadn't warmed up. So me and the two other guys in my weight class made a dash for the warmup room, and did some quick stuff. As I'm hearing over the speaker that I'll be third to lift in the flight. Causing more undue stress. Squatting actually felt strong in warmups, so I felt good about killing my opener raw, as I killed 25 lbs lighter than it in warmup.

Teh Squat:

Ok, this is what sucked, we rushed to warmup, came out to the sitting area, and they were just working on putting up the board. We probably sat for a good 20 minutes waiting to lift. Maybe more. Finally things started, first two guys went, I think they both failed, judges were being tight on depth. So I finally here my name and the "bars loaded" call. I was opening with 172.5 (380.2 lbs) I walk out, get under the bar, and smoke the lift, I wasn't sure if was deep enough though, and sure enough, the two reds and one white meant it wasn't. Apparently I missed by about an inch. Did this raw.

I was pretty discouraged. I didn't want to bomb out, so this meant I would have to do that weight again, even though I knew it was light. Just didn't want to put the competition in jeopardy. Went out and smoked it the second time, making sure to go quite low. First may have failed because we had waited so long.

Now I was sort of eight-balled by the first miss, as I had to redo it, which meant I couldn't push too much. I didn't want to go to high, and only have my opener, so I chose somewhere in between. Finally squat was 190 (418.7 lbs). Went out again, got under the bar, got down REALLY deep, and actually paused at the bottom for a second and then came up. 3 whites. :)

It's funny, how I see the crowd when I go up, but I actually don't even notice the crowd, it's like they aren't even there. The only person I actually am aware of his the head ref infront of me. This happened to be Bill Jamison, the father of Canadian powerlifting.

Well, now I have an official squat, and the part that had me most worried was over.

Teh Bench:

Bench was a bit screwy, my plan was to open raw and light, and then move on to my shirt in between lifts. I wasn't sure if I should warmup in my shirt or what, but then taking it off and putting it on again seemed stupid, so I decided not to. We went out to the lifting area, and all the fookin judges were eating pizza. They said 2 minutes to start, and it bloody well took 30 minutes. Lifters were getting plenty pissed. Most went back for more warmup, I didn't bother.

My first lift was to be quite simple, 130 (286.5 lbs). When it was my turn, I got under the bar, brought it down, and rested it on my chest for a very long time, mebbe 3 seconds, then blasted it up, it was almost like a speed press, and then racked it. Reds. I realized as I was laying on the bench that I forgot to wait for the head ref to say "rack" before I racked the weight. I was mucho pissed. I created the same scenario as in squats, where I wanted a total, so didn't really want to go too heavy until I had a lift in the books.

I upped it to 132.5 (292 lbs), and smoked that fast as well, waited for the rack signal, and got my 3 whites.

I heard there were guys in the warmup room helping ppl on with their shirts, so I ran back through the crowd to the warmup room and found them, helping another guy on. After that, they got mine on. As usual, a struggle getting it up the arms, then a simple pull over the head and it would drop down like a t-shirt. They laughed at this, as it's generally the chest that it's hard to get around.

Walked back to the lifter area, and waited my turn. My third would be 155 (341.5 lbs). Nothing special, but again, I hadn't used the shirt, didn't know how it would react, and didn't want to shoot too far and end up with only my opener. When it was my turn, I got under the bar, waited for the "start" signal, then slowly brought/pulled the bar down. I was almost starting to panic, as I felt I couldn't get it to touch. I kept it as low as I could, paused for a long time, then blasted it up so fast I surprised myself. I wasn't sure if I got it to touch though, so I was ecstatic to see three whites come up. Many lifters were laughing, with comments like, "that was a good opener." I guess next time I'll know I can go much higher. Later Harnek said I probably could have gotten 180 in it. Even reservedly I am sure I could have had 170. Oh well, I was here for the experience and a total, ANY total, and now the two technical lifts were over, any monkey can deadlift.

deds

While the 2nd flight was lifting, some guys started warming up, I deemed it too early, so I put some shorts on over the suit, and went out to my car to chain smoke a couple cigarettes and listen to rap. :D

When I got back it was getting close to the time to start, so I warmed up QUICK. Did a few at 225, a couple at 315, and two more at 405. All in all, it took me about 4 minutes to warmup.

As I came out to the lifters area, I glanced at the board, and noticed I had the 2nd highest opening deadlift weight on the board. For once I felt like almost not a pussy. :p I opened with 230 (507 lbs). Got up there, looked at the crowd, and as usual, when I gripped the bar, I was like it was just me and the head judge. There is no start command on deadlifts, but usually the ref will raise his hand before. For me he raised it after, which confused me at first, because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to start or not. Anyway, I smoked the first lift no prob, 3 whites.

Second attempt I put down 247.5 (545.5 lbs). Chalked up and went out. This sonofabitch fought me to the bitter end. Easy to the knees, but I took a long ass time locking it out. But in the end got 3 whites, and some compliments on my battle from other lifters. I was in a dilemma as to what I should make my third attempt. This isn't as easy as it seems, as you only have 60 seconds to hand in your attempt card or you get a miss. I put down 255 (562 lbs) knowing that I had left everything on the table with 247.5. So not much in expectation.

My third attempt came, I heard "bar loaded" but not my name, so there was about 30 seconds of dead air and people wondering who's turn it was, including me, until they mentioned my name finally. I ran, chalked and got to the bar. Basically, just wondering if I was going to hurt my back or not. I got the mofo just past my knees I believe, and then bailed. Didn't think I'd get it up, and was probably surprised I got it as far as I did.

I was happy, the lifting was done. :)

I actually felt pretty fresh, which surprised me. Other than breakfast, all I had was a couple protein shakes, and a bunch of water all day. As I started to cool down I started to get much worse though. By the evening it felt like a few guys had beaten me with baseball bats. Today I feel alot better though.

So in the end, my total was 592.5 kg (~1306 lbs). I thought that after screwing myself a bit on bench and squat I wouldn't break 1300 but I did. This is still feeble, but given the adversity of my training I was content. I got the experience I wanted, a total, and had a lot of fun. Everyone was really positive, and helpful of each other. There was even a hot chick powerlifter, and one manchick powerlifter only a kilo lighter than me. :eek:

So, now I guess I can officially call myself a powerlifter huh? Albeit, a weak one.

From what I have learned, I think a modest goal, would be to add close to 200 lbs to my total, in one weight class lower. 400 shirted bench will not be far off, maybe a few months, and if I can get my fat ass into my squat suit, then I'll be off and running on that. Deadlift...well, meh. We'll see.

I doubt anyone has read all this, it was for me not you, but if you did you've exceeded my expectations.

I'll summarize in bold so you can just skip all my rambles.

Total:
Squat 1: 172.5 (380.2) [raw] Failed: depth
Squat 2: 172.5 (380.2) [raw] Lift is good
Squat 3: 190 [belt, wraps] (418.7) Lift is good

Bench 1: 130 (286.5) [raw] Failed: didn't wait for rack command
Bench 2: 132.5 (292) [raw] Lift is good
Bench 3: 155 (341.5) [shirt] Lift is good

Deadlift 1: 230 (507) [Belt] Lift is good
Deadlift 2: 247.5 (545.5) [Belt] Lift is good
Deadlift 3: 255 (562) [Belt] Failed: No lockout

Total: 592.5 kg (~1306 lbs)

Anthony
07-19-2004, 07:44 AM
That's awesome bro. Especially considering the injuries you've had recently, the long waiting times at the comp, and the minor mistakes you made (which seem to be common for first timers). Congrats on a job well done! And yes, I read the whole thing. :D

ElPietro
07-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Thanks dude!

Oh and I forgot, I guess this makes me a girly Class III lifter in CPU/IPF.

Isaac Wilkins
07-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Congrats, Biggun! I picked up a few things just from reading it.

bill
07-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Congrats Big Man sounds excited and fun. Meet anyone close enough to lift with on occasion. What where the most impressive lifts if you know.

Relentless
07-19-2004, 12:22 PM
nice lifting, Peter

I'm happy to hear you stuck it out and made the comp...

Adam
07-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Nice lifting! I made a bunch of mistakes for my first 3-4 meets so don't feel like your the only one.

ElPietro
07-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad I went. Bill, not really, there were some good people, but most not in the city. I think there were probably a couple from not too far away but didn't really speak to them. As usual, I'm generally quiet and appear somewhat unapproachable. Ended up talking with a few people and getting to know them a bit though. As for big lifts, there were some light guys that lifted a ton. One french guy, who I remember as I had to keep an eye on him for a drug test last year again deadlifted a crazy amount. I think he's in the 87.5 weight class, and he deadlifted 305, with what looked like room to spare. So he's under 200 pulling almost 700 lbs.

It's hard to watch too many of the lifters, as usually if I wasn't lifting, I was warming up to lift. Got to see some though, but the super heavys would lift while we were training in the other room.

Adam, thanks, and yeah, a lot of people made those mistakes. It's a pain when you make a good lift but lose out on a technicality. It's even worse when it's your first lift, and now you have to re-lift it, only giving you one more lift to go. So it's tough to decide to just go for near max weight, and make sure you increase your total, or go completely for broke. I saw an experienced lifter bomb out as well. I saw him fail a quarter squat warming up. I think he just wanted to get a feel for it. But then tried to open with 260, and it seemed way heavy. I think he got one of the three attempts up, but was failed on depth. I don't understand how you open with weight that tough, unless something was wrong with him. Which then he should have changed his opener when he had the chance. I know I'd hate to pay the fee to compete, spend the training and travel time, only to fail 3 squats and go home.

ectx
07-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Damn nice lifting Petey. I'm impressed with your perserverance despite recent injuries and offsets. Perhaps you're not the pussy I thought you were. The post was also very educational. The detail was surprisingly eloquent....coming from a monosyllabic twinkie-eating ape. Bah...you know I'm messing with you...Great job and congrats cabron!

ElPietro
07-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Who the hell are you callin' ape f00!

http://rhune.homestead.com/files/PETE.GIF

ElPietro
07-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Ps. Before you try a snappy comeback, yes I know it's a gorilla! And no, don't ask why I posted this horrid monstrosity. It's like taking a prized Picasso and ruining it. Me not the ape b!tch! :D

Oh and thanks. :)

WillKuenzel
07-19-2004, 02:20 PM
"any monkey can deadlift"

LOL, I thought that was funny. Awesome job, dude! Good to see you went through with it after all. Like others said, you went through a lot to get there and the experience will pay off in the end. Now just imagine what you could do if you weren't hurting yourself and training consistently. ;)

rookiebldr
07-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Awesome first competition Pete. I too am glad to see you attempted this after all and you got this out of the way. Considering you hand injury pulling that dead is great.

Your desciption of the event was excellent. So yes, I read it all, you powerlifter you.

Maki Riddington
07-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Now you're making me feel the call to take up this sport. Great work Pete. I'm gonna take a look and see what's around my area now.

Saturday Fever
07-20-2004, 12:36 PM
That's awesome ElP. Did you walk out with an addicted feeling?

ElPietro
07-20-2004, 02:26 PM
First thing I asked, was "when's the next comp?" :evillaugh

bill
07-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Elp more kudos to you for wavering the storm of getting ready. My daughter says thats a family resembalence on the pic. lol

ElPietro
07-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Lol, yes, my great grandfather was a gorilla. :D

Afternoon gym fun:

Ellyptical: 25 minutes.

That's it.

Will be going to the gym for a light-ish lat session after work.

Going to start focusing on dropping some bodyfat.

ElPietro
07-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Made it last night for some lat/biceps work.

Did some close-grip pulldowns, some db rows (they finally got some 120s in), then did some sets of concentration curls and that was it. Pretty short.

Did 15 minutes on the ellyptical after that, as I figured traffic would still be teh suckage.

On a good note, I got my gym to give me one of their weight trees. It was just sitting upstairs and i think they were just going to get rid of it, as all the new equipment they bought have built-in trees. I could probably get them to give me another, but the fookin things are pretty big, and I think I can fit all my current weight on it now anyway.

bill
07-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Elp, Thanks for dropping in I meant to ask how you develop the grip for deadlifts? I felt like I was losing my grip a little on the last lift, but wasn't chalked up.

ElPietro
07-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Mmmm...well, I've never really done any real grip training before. Best to use chalk. Heavy bb shrugs, static holds, and mebbe some plate pinches could aid you if grip is truly a problem. Maybe if you chalked up it wouldn't be an issue?

Paul Stagg
07-26-2004, 08:56 AM
I've been so busy this past week, I never checked in...

Excellent job, ElP.

ElPietro
07-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Muchos Gracias Senior Stagg. :)

It's amazing with all the time and careful planning I had laid out, I stuck to none of it and went in weaker than I've been in a long time. Perhaps my parents should have used "stupid" as my middle name...instead of James. :p

ElPietro
07-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Quick lunchtime bench session. Man I'm weak, time to get into a regular routine again.

Flat BB Bench:

145x6/145x8/225x5/225x5/225x5/225x5

*Ugh, shoulder is still bugging me. Moreso until it's warmed up, but I still feel it on all sets. Stupid cuff has been a nuisance ever since it started hurting during a hockey game.

Incline Machine Press:

160x8/170x8

Triceps Pushdowns:

210x8/210x8/210x8

DB Laterals:

25x8/25x8/25x8

DB Front Raise:

20x8/20x8

Just kept the shoulder stuff pretty light, well, I guess everything was pretty light. Plan is to focus on triceps and shoulder strength for a while, so I'll try and slowly get them to understand that punishment is on the way.

Lol, there is a competition on August 28th, but I don't think I'll go. That would only give me a couple weeks, and other than some different openers and attempts, I doubt I would have much progress to justify entering. It's the intermediates, so you need a certain total to qualify, which I miraculously have. No point, am just tempted as there may not be another comp this year, unless I want to drive to....quebec. Ew.

JustinF
07-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Just read the PL recap. great work Pete!

ElPietro
07-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks mang, it sure was an experience.

Lunchtime cardio bunny session.

Bike: 10 minutes.
Ellyptical: 25 minutes. Felt like I coulda gone on forever though.

Got my sweat on.

Stretching: ~10 minutes

That's it. Probably do some butcher job of an ME Squat day tonight. Or mebbe lats and do legs tomorrow. We shall see...

ElPietro
07-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Made it to the gym last night.

GMs:

95x6/135x6/185x5/225x3/225x3

*Didn't push it too hard, still new to the exercise and hadn't done it in a couple months. Stance coulda been wider.

Was going to do leg press next, but the two guys in the next rack, that look like a bloated version of starsky and hutch had all the plates. They were 1/8th squatting 5 plates a side, with some form of knee wraps that looked like tensor bandages, and paper thin belts. On another ******ed point, they liked to walk around with these wraps attached to their ankles, so it would stream behind them as they walked.

They moved to leg press, so of course, they didn't put the weights on the machine, they slammed them on.

So I figured I'd do just a bit more, so did some leg extensions, nothing special there. Can't remember the weight, but did 3 or 4 sets, working up to I think it was the stack, or one spot short thereof.

Cabe Crunch:

105x8/120x8/120x8

Then did some standing calf raises on the crappy new lever calf raise machine. Worked up to the full stack, which I think was 390.

It was still early, so I did 10 minutes on the bike, but that was about it. Feelin a bit sore today, I"m sure the lower back and hams will be quite tight tomorrow.

Took the next couple days off, so with monday as a holiday, I have a nice 5 day weekend. Other than a job interview tomorrow, not even sure I want the job, but we'll see how things go.

bill
07-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Elp , good look with the interview anyway. Much to say, I can tell those two impressed the hello out of you.lol I hate peeps like that. On anabolex.com the have this sticky I believe, about what not to do around a powerlifter I think this could be added,. lol

ElPietro
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks bill, and lol, there is probably a pretty long list of things not to do. :D

Made it to the gym for a cardio lunch.

Bike: 15 minutes.
Ellyptical: 20 minutes.

Stretching: ~5-10 minutes.

That's it.

Will do some lat/trap stuff after work.

bill
07-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Elp you deserve a bump for the follow through of the meet. Anyway do you have a routine set for powerlifting now? I'm thinking of doing more power stuff for a 8 wks or so.

JustinF
08-03-2004, 05:13 AM
:spam:

Coke
08-03-2004, 06:26 AM
:spam:

:D

ElPietro
08-03-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the bumps, had thursday and friday off, and monday was a holiday, so haven't really been around the past five days. Had an interview that went pretty well on thursday, and a wedding on saturday, otherwise, I was pretty much just sloth.

Bill, as for training, I'll just quote myself below, with what I originally had setup to do for powerlifting. I'll probably go back to this now, and try to stick somewhat to it.

Also, finally got my power rack on friday, wasn't too bad setting it up. But then when actually using it yesterday, I found the bench unlevel again. So as I checked by turning it around, it's now level. This made things a pain as I had to then turn the rack around, and it only fits in a couple spots because of ceiling height, so moving it and the rubber flooring really ****ing sucked. In the end, I had to modify it, by putting the top front cross peice at the back, and the back to the front. This is because the front has chinup handles, and...err...wtf am I explaining all this for. Anyway, I have a rack.

Here's the routine.

Ok, just because I still have 30 minutes to kill before the end of the day.

Monday:

Max Effort Bench

Max exercises rotated: (choose one)
Board Press 2,3,5
CG Incline Press
Pin Press
Flat Bench

Rest of session:
DB Bench 3x5
Skulls 3x 6-10
Seated Cable Row 4x 5-8
Light Shoulder Work

Tuesday:

Max Effort Squat/Deadlift:

Max Effort Exercises Rotated: (choose one)
Good Mornings
Squats
Deadlifts (various forms, from pins, off platform, etc.)

Rest of session:
Leg Press/Lunges 5x 6-8 (pick one)
Cable Crunches 4x 8-12
DB Sidebends 3x 4-8
Back Extensions 3x 8-12

Thursday:

Dynamic Effort Bench:

Speed Bench 8x3 (may use bands sometime)

DB Bench 3x5
DB Extensions 3x 6-10
DB Rows/Lat Pulldowns 4x 5-8 (pick one)
Front and Lateral Delt Raise (light-ish)

Friday:

Dynamic Effort Squat/Deadlift

Speed Squats 8x3 (maybe with bands or box if we make one)
Speed Deadlifts 6x1 @60% 1rm

Stiff legged Deadlifts 5x 8-10
Ab Crunches 4x 8-12
DB Sidebends 3x 4-8
Back Extensions 3x 8-12

That's pretty much it. Some of the assistance stuff is not written in stone. If I feel like I can add more I may, or I may vary the exercises, like pushdowns instead of db extensions for tris, or different lat movements, etc.

I also said previously that on bench I will probably stick with flat bench and board presses if I can get them worked in. If not then it'll probably be the close grip and pin presses instead.

That's the gist of it. Westside is more a training method/philosophy than a set routine of exercises, so I will probably be tinkering with which movements I use for assistance, but I think the core group of max effort movements will stay pretty much to the above plan. Unless that is, if someone else who knows better comes in and rips it apart. But it's pretty much based on the basic routine Adam posted in his article.

ElPietro
08-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Here is yesterday's ME Squat session. Going from memory but have it written down. Pretty sure I remember all the poundages.

Good Mornings:

135x5/135x5/185x3/185x3/225x2/255x1

*Think I'm still getting acclimated to this lift. Will push further next week.

45 Degree Leg Press:

10 plates x8/14 plates x8/18 plates x8/ 20 plates x5/16 plates x8

**Haven't done these in a while but seemd ok.

Cable Crunches: (on heavy pulley)

105x8/120x8/120x8/120x8

DB Sidebends:

75x8/85x6/85x6

Back Extensions:

3 sets of 8

Standing Calf Raise: (on machine)

255x8/315x8/360x8/390x8

***390 is the stack, this machine is useless.

That's it. Probably going to go to the gym for lunch and do some shrugs, and maybe some light cardio and stretching. Hopefully I won't hurt too much from this on the 2nd day. Everything, upper and lower is feelin kinda stiff now.

WillKuenzel
08-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Are you using the same stance to do your GM's as you would to squat and/or deadlift?

bill
08-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the post.
How does this look.
Mon bench heavy,
tues squat heavy
thur bench light and assistance
frid or sat deadlift heavy????

ElPietro
08-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Will, stance varied a bit, but I tend to do GMs a tad wider than my normal squat/deadlift stances. Probably not by much though.

Bill, looks ok. On your heavy bench day, do some lat work as well, and light shoulder stuff, oh and some good triceps in there too. And on squat day, do some abs and lower back. Thursday you say light bench. Do you mean speed bench? If so you could simply do speed bench and squats in one session, that's what I used to do. Just do squats first, and here you can go heavier on the shoulders.

Heavy squats and deadlifts in one week could get tough. First week it may not be, but it'll probably wear you down over time. You could do heavy squats for two weeks, and follow it with heavy deads for two weeks, and rotate it around, maybe even throw in good mornings. Regardless of squat or deadlift, if you do speed days, keep speed squats in. Time off squats can really hinder your form if you aren't still doin em.

Tons of ways to skin a cat, just work through a few weeks and keep tweaking till you find what you like.

bill
08-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Elp. thanks, very good points. I'm ticked I can't seem to get 345-350 on the squat missed it yesterday.

ElPietro
08-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Squats are tough for me too. Are you squatting with a spotter?

A few things you could try are, first do a walkout with more weight than you are using. Just load it on your back, step back into your stance, and a few seconds later walk it back.

Drive your head up, like ram your neck at the bar. Where the head goes the body follows, so most people look down, or into the mirror, and then they fall forward. This also helps keep the arch.

Speaking of the arch, make sure you stick your chest out as far as you can, bring your arms in as close as you can, and then sorta chicken wing them up. You want to feel your shoulders/upper arm actually supporting the bar a bit, then you know you have a good arch. That combined with the head way up should help you squat more.

I'm not the best squatter, but I have seen enough of em, and read enough but it still has to be remembered when you or I get under the bar. I think once you nail it a buncha times, it almost can become like a golf swing routine, where you go through your checklist of pre-lift habits/routine.

bill
08-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks I have noticed that I need to sorta do a check list before a heavy attempt. Yeah I had a spotter on that one and I glad because I lost balance and started forward. I keep trying lol

rookiebldr
08-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Excellent suggestions there Pete. I know you've gone over that checklist with me before I just need to remember all of it. ;)

Focused70
08-05-2004, 09:13 PM
thanks for the tipz, Pete. I'll definitely put those to use next time I do legs.

Stash

JustinF
08-09-2004, 02:56 AM
I'll have to keep those in mind as well. thanks Pete. How's everything going?

ElPietro
08-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Everything is going...fatly. Haven't been training regularly, and will remedy that immediately.

I'm debating changing things somewhat, for a short period of time. This somewhat nagging left rotator won't go away, so I might stop flat benching for a bit, and just go light on dbs. Missed my workout yesterday anyway, as I was lazy, and apparently having a power rack within two feet of me when I'm at my PC at home is not enough to get me to lift.

I will probably do a bit more frou frou asthetics type lifting for a month, but may keep in a ME squat/deadlift day, as I want to keep focusing on getting core/lower back strength higher. So good mornings, squats, etc are in. Probably start getting heavy shrugs in there too. Summer is coming to a close and I still have my winter body on. :mad:

Also, cardio is a must, I'd like to shed about 15-20 lbs and get back to maybe 230 or 235. Currently between 247 and 249, although probably drop 4 lbs in the next two days, as that's generally the amount of water I hold with mediocre diet and infrequent training.

Went for cardio at lunch.

Bike: 20 minutes (5.2 miles)
Ellyptical: 15 minutes

Finally started with the ephedrine again, so that should provide me a boost on energy and teh fat burn.

Glad anything I said may help you in your future squatting efforts.

Relentless
08-10-2004, 11:23 AM
you should stick with the diet and cardio bunny stuff for a coupla months in a row and get LEAN, Petey-boy. You have so much muscle mass to start with that if you can strip away what's on top of it you'll look f'n amazing.

ElPietro
08-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Lol, thanks, but that has been my plan for the past 3 years almost. :D

It seems whenever I'm doing good, some form of injury comes up or other setback. I may not lift too too heavy for a couple months and try and stick with this. Hopefully nagging stuff heals, and I lose weight, and less chance of any of my typical bonehead injuries.

I don't think I'll be competing again this year, so strength doesn't need to be there that much for a while.

Oh, I will most likely be in for paintball. In fact, I guess I'm committing now, and will only not come if some emergency comes up. The only thing that's making me hesitate, is that there is some fence issues coming up now that I need to decide on.

ElPietro
08-10-2004, 07:07 PM
gm

135x5/135x5/185x3/225x2/225x1/245x1/265xmiss

will edit later

ElPietro
08-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Afternoon cardio.

Bike: 10 minutes. (2.7 mi)
Ellyptical: 25 minutes.

Did a bit of a sprint on the bike, went about 45 seconds at 89-95 rpm, and my legs were pretty damned tight after I slowed it down again.

Relentless
08-11-2004, 12:33 PM
awright, I have you down as a confirm for paintball

are you in for the BBQ/party after?

ElPietro
08-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Yup, unless you are bitter at how many times I shoot you. Oh, btw, I only aim at the neck or nuts. Pain inflicted is how I measure performance. :D

Shane
08-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Yup, unless you are bitter at how many times I shoot you. Oh, btw, I only aim at the neck or nuts. Pain inflicted is how I measure performance. :D

That's why I wear a cup and a Spectra mask with Predator style dreads made of camouflage cloth that hangs from head and chin. :D

JustinF
08-12-2004, 05:40 AM
Lol, thanks, but that has been my plan for the past 3 years almost. :D

LOL. We got the same problems. Time for another contest? That worked for me last time....I need something to spur me on, maybe you do as well. We don't have to make it public or anything if you're scared. ;)

ElPietro
08-12-2004, 06:42 AM
That's why I wear a cup and a Spectra mask with Predator style dreads made of camouflage cloth that hangs from head and chin. :D

Do you wear gloves? Otherwise the hands are probably the next most painful spot. Otherwise I'm gonna have to aim for the inner thigh or something like that. Or just keep pluggin after I've shot ya. :D

Justin, perhaps. I'm about 15 lbs over last summer, so it would take work just to get back to looking like my before pics, lol. Although, I think I added muscle since then, just more fat as well. Scared? Of you stick boy? :p

JustinF
08-12-2004, 06:44 AM
Justin, perhaps. I'm about 15 lbs over last summer, so it would take work just to get back to looking like my before pics, lol. Although, I think I added muscle since then, just more fat as well. Scared? Of you stick boy? :p

Well, I was 275 then, I'm 310 now. I'd say we're on an even playing field. Yes or No?? I can smell your fear from here!!

:evillaugh

ElPietro
08-12-2004, 06:50 AM
You're probably smelling some food that's slowly decomposing from last week, that got stuck in your third chin, you dildo! :D

Ok it's on! Let's figure this out. I am the ultimate procrastinator, so I propose a short contest. Two months max. I guess I'll take new pics for the start. How 'bout we shoot for end of september?

No pro-hormones, no gear, no test via osmosis, or any other grey or darkside assistance. ;)

Relatively same stakes as before? I still want that t-shirt, you can pick another one or something from another site if you so desire. Or come up with a better idea.

Go by visual transormation? Something like what Cal and I did? Only we judge each other, and if we can't come to agreement we open it to mods, and if still close we open to the public?

Let's get it on biatch! I'll be sending your wife money via paypal to go towards bags of jalepeno-flavoured doritos. :p

ElPietro
08-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Oh, FYI I am eating cookies as I type this. :)

JustinF
08-12-2004, 08:21 AM
LOL. Sounds good to me. Although I'd rather a 3 month contest. Might wanna save your money for the t-shirt, rather than trying to sabotage me with doritos!! ;)

ElPietro
08-12-2004, 08:24 AM
I will send the wifey a nice recipe for Lardsicles, I hear they are great to enjoy on a humid summer day. :cool:

How about october 2nd or 9th? Canuck thanksgiving is the weekend of the 9th though. :eek:

ElPietro
08-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Err...or if you really want it longer I guess we can go end of october. This gives you the maximum chance to win, as I'll probably get bored and quit. :D

JustinF
08-12-2004, 08:38 AM
End of October sounds perfect. I see you're making excuses already. :evillaugh

JustinF
08-13-2004, 03:01 AM
Take pictures this weekend?? We can keep them just between us if you like, I'm too embarrased of my current staate of fatness to post them publicly, even if it's just in my journal. Of course, it will be great for the comparison pics, in which I will kick your ass!! :D

ElPietro
08-13-2004, 06:56 AM
Oh you want to compare before pics before it's over? I was just practicing sticking my gut out. Let me know what you wanna do. I'll probably take pics this weekend if I can find my camera.

Oh, and the only way you'll manage to kick my ass, is if you flop so bad, that your foot happens to come in contact with me on your way down!

Prize: T-Shirt, something around $20 from reputable websites only.

Ha! I'm going to beat you, AND eat taco bell at the same time!

Muhahahaha *cough* hahaha!!!!! :evillaugh

Relentless
08-13-2004, 12:01 PM
is this a closed competion or can anyone play?

I'm still fatter than I wanna be (only down to 214) and could use an extra t-shirt

Shane
08-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Do you wear gloves? Otherwise the hands are probably the next most painful spot. Otherwise I'm gonna have to aim for the inner thigh or something like that. Or just keep pluggin after I've shot ya. :D

Hell yeah I wear gloves. I can take being shot in the thighs. After being kicked in the thighs so many times sparring in Muay Thai the shots wont hurt so bad. :D

*Has a feeling LP's gonna turn the gun up over 300*

ElPietro
08-16-2004, 08:36 AM
is this a closed competion or can anyone play?

I'm still fatter than I wanna be (only down to 214) and could use an extra t-shirt

I don't know, Justin, did we call no more joiners? Or can call jump in? I don't really care if more want to get in on it.

All it means is if Cal wins somehow by way of miracle, we'll just need to buy a size small instead of xl. :p

I took some pics last night for my before stuff, I haven't checked them on my pc yet to see if they came out adequately though.

If you want me to email them to you I can, but could just save em for the before after stuff when we're done. Cal, if Justin is ok with it, take some pics asap.

Lol, I ate a bag and a half of doritos and a chocolate bunny this weekend to make sure my pics would represent! :D

ElPietro
08-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Afternoon cardio:

Bike: 15 minutes (3.9m)
Ellyptical: 25 minutes. (had it set for 20 but felt like being an overachiever so went for an extra five. :rolleyes: )

Stretching: ~5 mins

Gonna start with the chest stuff again. It has suffered greatly size-wise, and it seems like my rotator problems haven't changed at all. Still can't sleep with my head on my shoulder from the irratation I get. Feels basically the same as the first day I hurt it.

Focused70
08-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Mr. P -- Jeff mentioned I should come hang out in your journal, so hang I shall.

Thanks for your squat tipz as well.

Stash

bill
08-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey is this the site fat boy club I decided to finally cut some too. and mere mention drives my wife to get 2 1/2 gallons of ice cream. .lol and says its not on purpose.

Alke
08-16-2004, 01:27 PM
just saying what up.......new to your journal.

I just started westside to get some strength levels up....

ectx
08-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey fat boy, is this another cutting comp? Can I play in your fat-boy games? If so, let me know so that I can thoroughly kick your a55. :p

JustinF
08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
That's cool with me if Cal wants to join in. Looks like joto wants in too. I'm game if you're cool with it. I took my pictures today, do you want to do email or what? I'm such an extreme fatass I do not want to post them in my journal or anywhere else for that matter. Let me know and we'll get this officially set up. How about deadline to post the pictures is November 8th? That is 3 months from today. No pro-hormones, no gear, no test via osmosis, or any other grey or darkside assistance. These are the rules of the game.

bill
08-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Its saying something that we all think we the odds on winner. lol Surely I can do a before pic and look 8-9 pregnant lol.

I may not enter and just follow you guys on this journey as I'm not to keen on doing a before pic either.

WillKuenzel
08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
That's cool with me if Cal wants to join in. Looks like joto wants in too. I'm game if you're cool with it. I took my pictures today, do you want to do email or what? I'm such an extreme fatass I do not want to post them in my journal or anywhere else for that matter. Let me know and we'll get this officially set up. How about deadline to post the pictures is November 8th? That is 3 months from today. No pro-hormones, no gear, no test via osmosis, or any other grey or darkside assistance. These are the rules of the game.I was wanting to join it too since I'm cutting until the end of september but I'm not sure I fit the criteria.

ElPietro
08-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Soba, thanks for stopping in. I've been bad at commenting in people's journals, but I have checked in from time to time. Just not as much time on here as normal.

Alke, welcome to fat palace. :D Good job starting westside, it can really help your strength on the big three.

You are too skinny william.

Rena, you are in.

There are now four official entries, and some unofficial ones. But we'll say Nov. 8th you post your after pics. Before pics must be taken this week. Both Justin and I have done this. We can just hold them until the end of the contest I guess, unless you feel we should email them to each other. I propose that the bottom two buy the top two t-shirts. We will self-judge, followed by moderator judge, follow by wbb judge if needs be. This is only if we can't decide on two clear cut winners.

Culoface, now that you've entered, no excuses on the minor financial cost when you lose. Deportation is no excuse. :p

When I took my pics I was 249 just for the record.

Got to the gym for a chest session last night. It's been a while, and I ache today. Volume was more than I normally do, but didn't go too heavy.

Flat BB Bench:

135x8/135x8/225x8/225x5/225x5/225x5

Incline Machine Press:

170x8/180x8/190x6

Dips:

x5/x5

*hehe, these were tough, but they always are the first couple times out.

Flat DB Flyes:

35x8/35x6/35x6

Triceps Pushdowns:

195x8/225x7/210x8

OH DB Extensions:

75x4

**Ugh, major shooting pains through my left shoulder. This is my rotator problems coming up again. I guess the strain of holding the db with my arm behind my head was too much strain on it. Got kinda pissed so stopped there.

Went to do a bit of cardio but the functioning ellypticals were taken, so did a quick 10 minutes on the bike and that was it.

Dinner consisted of two hot dogs. :cool:

Bruteman
08-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Another cutting contest with Justin? What would you two do without each other?

I know it's belated, but nice job at the meet. :clap:

JustinF
08-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Nice session, fatty. ;)

I agree with the idea about the bottom two buying the top two the t-shirts. So officially: Pete, Justin, Rene, and Scott??

My pics were at 309lbs.

ectx
08-17-2004, 08:09 AM
Culoface, now that you've entered, no excuses on the minor financial cost when you lose. Deportation is no excuse. :p

Oh...it's on Panocha Head!

Relentless
08-17-2004, 08:10 AM
awright, I accept your terms

given that all of us in the contest are mods, I propose we post 'before' pics to the mod forum so that there is no doubt about the starting point; and that we adopt standard posing guidelines. Perhaps front relaxed/back relaxed and maybe an additional pose or two? I just want to get things clear and crisp about what the start and finish is so it's the fairest contest possible

Relentless
08-17-2004, 08:11 AM
although I'm getting nervous about the weights you and J are starting from.... 249 and 309? Jaysus!!!!

still, I guess it's all about PROPORTIONAL leaning up. ;)

JustinF
08-17-2004, 08:14 AM
I took a front/back relaxed, as well as a couple of 'flexed' (as much as I can flex my fatness). I'm honestly to ashamed to post any pictures...until I have my finals to compare...but if the majority feels they want to do it, I'll do it too.

JustinF
08-17-2004, 08:15 AM
although I'm getting nervous about the weights you and J are starting from.... 249 and 309? Jaysus!!!!

still, I guess it's all about PROPORTIONAL leaning up. ;)

Yeah, that should have no bearing. It's not about weight lost, but bodyfat.

ElPietro
08-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks Brutus! Oh and the last one didn't really help me much, I gave up before I began. :mad:

As for the pics, just get some relaxed some flexed shots. I didn't take a ton of them, and it was hard getting the camera setup on my own, but I think I have a good enough variety to be able to show level of bodyfat. It's not like we need to take all the same poses, we are all experienced enough to be able to objectively judge physiques and bodyfat without needing 10 different poses.

Don't see the need to post them in the mods section, if you really do want some shots let whoever know and we can email each other. Other than that, I'd say just keep em until you got your after shots. No getting a professional to take the photos please!

If it were for serious or significant cash I could see the need for more stringent rules, but for a t-shirt I'd rather not deal with the hassle. I'll try and load my pics from my cam tonight on my pc and make sure that there are enough properly focused ones that give and idea of my current physique.

Anyway, we can continue this discussion, it's only my opinion. If others want it a certain way, let us know and we'll reach some agreement.

Ha! I burned more calories replying to cal's comments than cal did typing his out. :cool:

ectx
08-17-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm honestly to ashamed to post any pictures...until I have my finals to compare...but if the majority feels they want to do it, I'll do it too.

:withstupi

keep in mind I'm fatter than you guys. My weight is in flux between 245-250
I don't feel comfortable posting pics in the mod section. I don't mind sending them to someone else. I could have Teufelhund verify photos if you guys need to keep me honest.

Chubrock
08-17-2004, 11:10 AM
ElPietro I don't know if I've posted in your journal, but good luck with everybody in the cutting contest. I can't hold a candle to any of ya'lls lift, but I guess the one thing I can hang with ya'll, is my physical conditioning. Good luck to everybody, and remember, stay intense and never quit!

Relentless
08-17-2004, 11:18 AM
well it sounds like I'm starting out a lot leaner than any of y'all... maybe I should bow out and make it a 3-way race...

ElPietro
08-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Chicken!

Bok, bok! <----- chicken sounds.

Chubrock, welcome to my humble journal. :) I used to have conditioning, with thai boxing and brazilian jiu jitsu, now all I have is hockey and I barely play that nowadays. Does golf count? :D

Chubrock
08-17-2004, 01:19 PM
HAHA yea ElPietro, golf counts if ya carry your bag for the 18 holes. Of course I'm sure ya do that *cough cough* lol.

JustinF
08-18-2004, 03:04 AM
So is it officially us four, or is it down to three cuz Scott is pussing out? ;)

ElPietro
08-18-2004, 07:49 AM
Good question. I don't know if he was just on his cycle or maybe his vagina was aching and he couldn't think straight.

Cal, let us know soon!

Chubrock
08-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Haha ElPietro, must be that time of the month for em huh. :D

JustinF
08-19-2004, 04:13 AM
He's avoiding the question.... What's up cal? You skuuuuured? ;)

ElPietro
08-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Errr...this post will be edited later when I get my journal and post my back workout from tuesday.

ElPietro
08-19-2004, 06:45 AM
Ok, went to Monster gym last night. Met up with Rookie, Xand, and his buddy/trainer. Let me start by saying it's not often that I ever feel small around other guys, but I felt pretty miniscule working out with those guys. No not rookie. ;)

We did legs, but nobody really did a ton of volume. I only did squats due to peer pressure, as I haven't done em since the comp over a month ago.

Squats:

135x6/225x5/225x5/315x3/365x1

*Everything was well below legal depth, but of course I didn't have much my first time back. Knee bugged me a bit. It was amusing watching Jeff do his goodmornings...well...he called them squats. :p

Leg Press:

12 plates x8/14 plates x8/16 plates x8/20 plates x5/22 plates x4

**It's good to go on a leg press that can actually hold more than 20 plates.

Lying Hammy Curls:

110x8/150x4

***Didn't know this machine, so first set was easy, second was tough.

That was pretty much it.

Chatted with Harnek a bit, helped him with the deadlifts and looks like I may go to kitchener with him on saturday to bench with some big boys, and get tips on using the shirt. Sean Brown should be able to help me, he did a double of 605 a month ago. :eek:

Went for dinner with the guys after. Everyone was cutting except Jeff, and it kinda ****ing sucked. So 3 diet cokes and a beer were ordered. I was angered by jeff ordering beer and drinking it infront of us. I think he even ate some bread. :mad:

After my 16 oz prime rib and side of mushrooms my stomach pretty much hurt the rest of the night along with all other body parts.

Got up at 4:30am to make it out for golf, tee'd off at 6:07 and had a relatively crappy 9 holes before work. Got hockey tonight.

I h43t3 cutting. :(

Wr0d.

Anthony
08-19-2004, 06:51 AM
lmao, sounds like a good time. I was wondering when your journal would be updated with a leg workout. :D

JustinF
08-19-2004, 07:15 AM
sounds like fun. Is Xand as big as I imagine him to be?

Nice leg session.

ElPietro
08-19-2004, 07:20 AM
I don't know, let me read your mind. Ok, that took 3 seconds. :D Yeah he's my height plus 25-40 lbs heavier. Not sure what he tipped the scales at. Most people call huge legs tree trunks, but I think you could call his forearms tree trunks!

Forgot to say that both of them were really cool, nice guys.

ectx
08-19-2004, 09:03 AM
so you had steak, eh? Surveilance cameras also caught you sneaking a Taco Bell burrito in...

http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/burrito.gif

ElPietro
08-19-2004, 09:18 AM
I thought you didn't want to post any pics rene? Or at least put em in the mod section. Funny how that's exactly how I picture you! :D

I have not had taco bell in at least 2 weeks now. I'm gonna have to get into a 12 step program to handle my withdrawal symptoms. :(

bill
08-19-2004, 11:43 AM
I've fallen off the wagon already, Micky D's. Start running some on the track I suppose.

Relentless
08-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Good question. I don't know if he was just on his cycle or maybe his vagina was aching and he couldn't think straight.

Cal, let us know soon!

I will participate; pix to be taken this weekend.

rookiebldr
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Ok, went to Monster gym last night. Met up with Rookie, Xand, and his buddy/trainer. Let me start by saying it's not often that I ever feel small around other guys, but I felt pretty miniscule working out with those guys. No not rookie. ;)

Now you pretty much know how I feel everytime it meet up with all of you guys. No not Scott. ;)

We did legs, but nobody really did a ton of volume. I only did squats due to peer pressure, as I haven't done em since the comp over a month ago.

Squats:

135x6/225x5/225x5/315x3/365x1

*Everything was well below legal depth, but of course I didn't have much my first time back. Knee bugged me a bit. It was amusing watching Jeff do his goodmornings...well...he called them squats. :p

I simply wasn't sure we'd actually get around to doing hammies since you guys were taking it so easy. ;) So I added some 225 goodmornings to the mix. :strong:

Went for dinner with the guys after. Everyone was cutting except Jeff, and it kinda ****ing sucked. So 3 diet cokes and a beer were ordered. I was angered by jeff ordering beer and drinking it infront of us. I think he even ate some bread. :mad:

No I didn't eat the bread and I actually thought you were ordering a beer too. But no matter, cutting is for l0z3r3.

Ğragons
08-20-2004, 03:14 AM
ok so dont smack me around or call me stuff, but who is xand? :P and wheres the pics

rookiebldr
08-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Xand posts on occasion on this site. He's based in Texas and was visiting our fair city for a bit. No pics, I forgot the camera.

bill
08-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Pete how's the diet. are you going to count calories?

ElPietro
08-20-2004, 11:51 AM
I can roughly count them in my head. Some days I may, but most I won't. I went out for lunch today and had japanese, but it isn't that bad. Only ate a small protein bar before that, and will probably take a late dinner and that's it. So calories will still be controlled.

So far so good sticking to diet this week. Might be a bit over today but that's ok.

Focused70
08-20-2004, 11:58 AM
One of these days, they will genetically engineer a carbolicious food like bread without all the bad stuff that makes it carbolicious and still makes it taste good.

Oh, wait, they already have. It's called steak. :D

I feel for you, Petey, I do.

Stash

JustinF
08-23-2004, 05:42 AM
Hey fatty!!! How was the weekend? Eat lots of chalupas and ****? ;)

ElPietro
08-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Hey fatty!!! How was the weekend? Eat lots of chalupas and ****? ;)

No TB for me this weekend, although I may as well have.

Teh bad news: I didn't eat ideally. Over the course of the weekend i consumed a bag of doritos, and a buncha chocolate.

Teh good news: I somehow managed to maintain the weight I was at.

This is good. Usually the weekends I am teh physique saboteur, and I managed to maintain. So no step forward, but no step back either, which is all I can hope for this early on.

One minor thing on the cut contest, which I don't see bein a prob. I propose that we can take our after shots at any point during the contest. This is for those that can cut but not maintain the cut. This gives an advantage to those that can continually cut for a long period, and still allows those that can't stay on a cut for long periods to still submit what they feel is their best effort. I'll try and keep it up, but dunno if I can. It also allows any that may get hurt to take pictures before anything goes too badly if they are unable to train.

So if you have issue with this, lemme know, but I don't see it as being anything major anyway.

Oh I also skipped out on the kitchener bench technique learning session. Was kinda ashamed of that, but whatever, I am not in a "lift heavy mode" right now anyway.

Relentless
08-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Now you pretty much know how I feel everytime it meet up with all of you guys. No not Scott. ;)

You will pay for this, gramps.

ElPietro
08-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Lunchtime cardio:

Ellyptical: 23:30. Felt a bit of wear and tear on the knees. I had only planned on 20 minutes anyway, thought I'd add an extra 5 minutes, but cut it short.

Stretching: 5 minutes.

Chest tonight.

rookiebldr
08-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Chest tonight.

Chest tonight? Damn, I need to plan better.

ElPietro
08-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Why? Did you want to meet up for a session at my place or something? It can easily be changed to back.

rookiebldr
08-23-2004, 12:47 PM
We talked last week about the 4 of us getting together again for a chest session. I just haven't arranged anything yet. I needed another lesson in how small and weak I really am. ;)

ElPietro
08-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, I'm guessing it won't be in the next couple days if you haven't spoken to them yet. So I'll train chest tonight, and if it's later this week I'll do some speed work or something. That way we can take a bench and not have to adjust the weights much. ;)

rookiebldr
08-23-2004, 01:33 PM
I was thinking Wed again. You're likely playing hockey on Thurs.

ElPietro
08-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Nah, I think i'm skipping out on hockey for the rest of the season.

bill
08-23-2004, 07:35 PM
ElPietro what does that mean the name that is.?

Bruteman
08-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Nah, I think i'm skipping out on hockey for the rest of the season.
Awe, come on! I really want to hear you piss and moan about more aches and pains you've inflicted on yourself. :D

ElPietro
08-24-2004, 07:38 AM
ElPietro what does that mean the name that is.?

I used to play an online trivia game called "You Don't Know Jack", on the apple pcs in our University computer lab all the time with a buddy of mine. We'd usually be super loud, reading and laughing about the questions, disturbing all those around us writing essays and stuff.

Well, my buddy used to always call himself ElMarko, so when I'd key in my name it would be ElPietro (ElPeter just sounds dumb :D ). So all the people got used to ElMarko and ElPietro reading the ludicrous "You Don't Know Jack" questions at "shout volume" while everyone else was working, so it got around and eventually it became what people called me. So basically just carried it over to the net as well. I actually have a drinking flask I received as a gift with ElPietro engraved on it. :cool:

Brute, bah, hockey wasn't fun anymore. Forwards don't know their positions, and nothing pisses me off more than when these stupid thunder pidgeons don't cover the point. :mad: I may play the odd game during the winter with them, but not every week.

ElPietro
08-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Booyaka! 244.2 lbs you fat, butterball, grease filled biatches! :D

Here is my pathetic chest session from last night.

Benches were taken so sorta warmed up a bit with incline press.

Incline Machine Press:

110x8/130x8/160x8

Flat BB Bench:

135x8/135x8/225x5/225x5/225x4/225x4

Dips:

3 sets of 6

Skulls:

110x4

*Grrr. New fixed small barbell thingies. They are not of the ez-curl variety, so was killing my wrists to use a straight bar. Could be that I'm just not used to em, but gave up anyway.

Triceps Pushdowns:

210x8/210x6/195x6

**Might have done a second set of 210x8, but for some reason i didn't write this exercise down in my book, so can't remember.

1-arm Tri Pull Downs:

60x5/60x5

DB Flyes:

35x6/35x6/35x6

DB Front Raise:

20x8/20x8/20x8

Finished off with 10 minutes on the bike. I don't think there was any blood sugar left in me. Felt pretty damned drained.

BBQ'ed up a couple nice filet mignons for myself when i got home. :)

ElPietro
08-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Lunchtime cardio.

Lats tonight.

rookiebldr
08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Hey Pete, we are back on for Thurs at 6pm. Same gym. :)

ElPietro
08-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Ok, I'm in. You doin' chest? As long as things aren't tight I'll do some speed work and maybe try and kick my shoulders back in gear.

rookiebldr
08-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Well I did some sucky chest work today. I'm game for more plus some shoulder work.

bill
08-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Barbecue) I'm eating healthy choice. uugh

Alke
08-24-2004, 01:32 PM
nice work elpietro,

This is my second week with speedwork, I dont really feel like I am doing anything when I do speedwork, but it must be working cause I am getting stronger. It just doesnt feel like a real set with the light weight.........I like ME days.

ElPietro
08-24-2004, 01:42 PM
What weight (in relation to max) are you using, and rep scheme for your speed work?

I am not really incorporating speed work at this time, but will do it just so I don't have to keep changing the weights working with Jeff. :D Right now strength isn't my goal, maybe in 2-3 months I'll go back to strength/power training.

WillKuenzel
08-24-2004, 01:44 PM
nice work elpietro,

This is my second week with speedwork, I dont really feel like I am doing anything when I do speedwork, but it must be working cause I am getting stronger. It just doesnt feel like a real set with the light weight.........I like ME days.
I tend to think of speed work as active recovery or CNS stimulation more than really any kind of "work". Don't lose focus of why you are doing it though, for form and explosiveness. It doesn't seem to carry the weight (hehe, that's a good pun) that ME days do but its still important.

JustinF
08-25-2004, 03:04 AM
I see no problems with the proposed picture taking thoughts. Take em whenever you want, matter of fact, why not just take them now and be done with it? ;)

Adam
08-25-2004, 09:17 AM
I tend to think of speed work as active recovery or CNS stimulation more than really any kind of "work". Don't lose focus of why you are doing it though, for form and explosiveness. It doesn't seem to carry the weight (hehe, that's a good pun) that ME days do but its still important.

Thats one of the best explanations for DE day I've ever seen.

ElPietro
08-25-2004, 09:23 AM
I see no problems with the proposed picture taking thoughts. Take em whenever you want, matter of fact, why not just take them now and be done with it? ;)

Well, I should at least give you a fighting chance. ;)

Oh and I disagree with Homey's description of DE day. You are using only mabye 60% of your max lift, but at the speed you should be using, with only short breaks, it should wear you down, especially the final 3 or 4 sets. Also, you are doing another movement targetting that lift after the speed work, plus assistance stuff. So DE days should be taxing, otherwise they wouldn't be split apart by 2-3 days.

So if it seems easy, I'd say it's either you are not going fast enough, or the weight you've chosen is not the right percentage.

Adam
08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
I should have worded better. I agree with his description of speed work being a CNS stimulator.
Speed work usually isn't to fatiguing to me except for the last few sets. Its still very taxing on my Nervous system though even during the first few sets.

WillKuenzel
08-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Oh and I disagree with Homey's description of DE day. You are using only mabye 60% of your max lift, but at the speed you should be using, with only short breaks, it should wear you down, especially the final 3 or 4 sets. Also, you are doing another movement targetting that lift after the speed work, plus assistance stuff. So DE days should be taxing, otherwise they wouldn't be split apart by 2-3 days.

So if it seems easy, I'd say it's either you are not going fast enough, or the weight you've chosen is not the right percentage.
I didn't say it wasn't taxing. I just said it didn't carry the weight of a ME day and might not seem like you are doing as much work. Of course the last few sets are trying and should be. For some their DE days are more enduring than their ME days. Its all about your weaknesses. I have plenty of strength but my weaknesses lies in what I do on DE days. So for me those days tend to be harder but for the average Joe looking at it from the outside it might not seem that way.

ElPietro
08-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Here is my lat workout from tuesday:

Seated Cable Rows:

150x8/180x8/210x8/240x4/225x4/210x6

WG Pulldowns:

135x8/180x6/170x8

*I hardly ever do these, and seem to suck hard at them. Mebbe they'll get better. Figure I should do some wide grip stuff at some point in my life.

DB Rows:

120x8/120x6

Concentration Curls:

45x6/45x5/35x6

Hammer Curls:

35x6/35x6/30x6/30x6

If I recall correctly, I believe I went upstairs and did 15-20 minutes on the ellyptical.

ElPietro
08-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Last nights leg session.

Didn't go too heavy on anything.

Leg Press:

8 plates x8/8p x8/12p x8/16p x8/16p x8/16p x8/16p x8

Lying Hamstring Curls:

90x8/105x8/120x8/105x8

Leg Extensions:

200x4/220x8/240x8/250x8/250x8

*Stack only goes to 250 on this one. Some asshat was talking to one of the gym employees for 20 minutes straight without doing a set. I was getting REALLY pissed, but whatever.

Finished with 20 minutes on the ellyptical.

Diet was off yesterday. Calories were ok, but carbs were huge, and protein low. Think I was up a lb or so today.

Coke
08-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Good back and bicep session ElP, fine leg work too...I think the comp is good for both you and JustinF.

ElPietro
08-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks, I hope so, or I'll be one angry SOB. Not that I'm anything else most of the time anyway.

Lunchtime Cardio:

Bike: 20 minutes.

Training with Rookie, Xand and his bud Caleb again tonight. Chest is still somewhat sore, so I'll figure out what to do when I get there. Probably still do some light benching or something.

Debating playing hockey tonight after the workout. Team captain is sorta begging me to come back for the rest of the playoffs.

On a personal note, I am once again trying to consider a career change. While my current job is very coushy, and I virtually do no work, and get paid decently for it, I do get quite bored, and am unsure what any future progression from it will amount to. Every time I think of career changes, I my thoughts keep going back to joining the police force.

Pros:

Interesting training

Opportunities for advancement into interesting fields

I believe it is only 3 or 4 days a week with longer shifts, so I'd have more time off. Perhaps to allow me to go complete my degree.

I'm sure it would be more self-gratifying than being a marketing analyst.

Cons:

Starting pay would be a large hit for me. This is what caused me to give up on it last time. It would take a couple years to get to the scale I'm at now. But, I guess with less days in the week, there is opportunity for overtime, or an extra day doing part-time work of some kind.

More hazardous. Not too concerned about this. But wanted something else on the "cons" list.

So as I ponder this, my training may be adjusted for better lactic tolerance, and aerobic and anaerobic endurance.

I'll need to start running, since the times for 1.5 mile are probably quite high given my current ability to run. Also, other gay stuff like pushups and crunches, and chinups, although, their description of chinups appear to be half chinups, where you don't go all the way down. Not sure though.

I've reserved a spot first week of september to go for an info session, and also booked a spot on the 22nd of sept to go for the walk-through practice of all the physical tests.

Oh well, that's it for now. Anyone with personal experiences, or that of friends or family feel free to chime in. Would appreciate it.

Anthony
08-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Is it RCMP or local police? The RCMP is very competitive (about 10,000 applicants per year) and even if you pass their crazy tests and get accepted, you can wait years to be sent to Regina for training. I know a few people who are in this situation. The good thing is, once you are sent to training you're guaranteed a job when you finish. If it's local police, you're not guaranteed a job when you finish training and it usually pays less. When they contact me to ask about you (and they will), I'll put in a good word. ;)

Anthony
08-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah, if it's RCMP, you also agree to move any where in Canada - including Butt****nowhere, Yukon.

ElPietro
08-26-2004, 12:10 PM
It would be local police. Peel region. So if I get in it would be no more hour + drives to the office.

Relentless
08-26-2004, 12:47 PM
A friend of mine went through all the testing. (Dan, from football... the greek god guy).

He did all the stuff, qualified up the line. Still hasn't gotten any offers.

ElPietro
08-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it's not a quick process. Can take up to a year to do. Which force did he apply to?

ericg
08-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Nice back and leg sessions peter. ;)

Being bored at what you do sucks. makes for a long day.

Relentless
08-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Ottawa I think

Adam
08-26-2004, 08:21 PM
On a personal note, I am once again trying to consider a career change. While my current job is very coushy, and I virtually do no work, and get paid decently for it, I do get quite bored, and am unsure what any future progression from it will amount to. Every time I think of career changes, I my thoughts keep going back to joining the police force.

I'm pretty much in the same scenairo. But my job pays really bad.$7.00/hour:( I'm trying out for the police accedemy again this year).I'm just doing security now because they like to see something related to police work when you apply.
Usually you have to pass the apptitude(seems like you could do that pretty easy) then the physchological then the lie detector and the last thing being the physical.
On the physical its only a couple mins long but its pure sprinting. Its called the P.A.R.E. test i believe if you want to look for it on google.

Bruteman
08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Every time I think of career changes, I my thoughts keep going back to joining the police force.

Why did the words "police brutality" and "abuse of power" flash through my mind when I read this. :scratch: :p

Good work lately bro'. Keepin' it consistent :thumbup:

Relentless
08-27-2004, 07:01 AM
Pietro will get some good experience for abusing his weapons this weekend, at paintball.

Actually, he's a nice big target so I predict he gets shot more than he shoots someone else.

ElPietro
08-27-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty much in the same scenairo. But my job pays really bad.$7.00/hour:( I'm trying out for the police accedemy again this year).I'm just doing security now because they like to see something related to police work when you apply.
Usually you have to pass the apptitude(seems like you could do that pretty easy) then the physchological then the lie detector and the last thing being the physical.
On the physical its only a couple mins long but its pure sprinting. Its called the P.A.R.E. test i believe if you want to look for it on google.

Yeah, I am sorta in a bad situation, where if I take the job, I will for a year be making probably around $1,000 less per month. This is tough with a mortgage, and also paying off the $5k for police college.

I don't think they use a polygraph test in ontario, actually, I am sure of it. Maybe for OPP, or RCMP, but not for toronto or peel region.

As for physical testing, each region is different. I just read toronto's yesterday, it's a breeze. Basically it's like running from point to point, up some stairs, and doing some other stuff with like a weighted belt to mimic the cops utility belt, and then drag a dummy so many feet.

In Peel, where I'm thinking of applying, there is a TON more physical testing.

You have 8 test components:

1) Pushups - A passing grade is 27-28 consecutive

2) Curl ups - These are like crunches I believe. You lay flat, feet at angle, but hands on the ground and extended at your side. They tape that area, and you have to curl to the point where your hand slides forward 12 inches. A pass here is 31 in 3 minutes.

3) Next is flexibility. Sit with legs together and fully extended, feet against a plate, and reach forward with both hands, to the furthest point both fingers can hold a position for 2 seconds. Passing grade is 33cm, not sure where they measure from, I sure hope not from how far past your feet you can reach. :eek:

4) Chinups. 30 seconds to do them, and a pass is 15-16.

5) Bench Press. I guess they have some machine, and it is in relation to bodyweight. Bodyweight -2 plates is a pass. Each plate I think is 10 lbs.

6) Bodyfat test. 5 skinfold measurement. I'm not sure how to read the pass fail part here, I am thinking you need to have under 70 mm total for the 5 measurements. I've never done this so no clue what it all means.

7) 100 Yard Sprint. Pass is 13 seconds.

8) 1.5 mile run. Pass is 10:57 - 11:22 minutes.

Of course, some have bonus marks if you go well over the pass mark. A pass is basically 70%, so that's what these numbers are rated at.

I think I've read that Peel has one of, if not the toughest physical testing for any regional department.

ElPietro
08-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Pietro will get some good experience for abusing his weapons this weekend, at paintball.

Actually, he's a nice big target so I predict he gets shot more than he shoots someone else.

I'll just outsmart you. Besides, that big, swelled up, melon of a head you got should present a nice ripe target. :D

ElPietro
08-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Lunchtime session.

Did some shrugs, bb and db. Did a few low sets of chinups to see how they felt. Lotta sway but not too bad. Then did 17 minutes on the ellyptical. That's it.

rookiebldr
08-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Maybe I'll finally have someone who can bury these damn speeding tickets I keep getting. Go Pete!

bill
08-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Pete beating up hockey guys isn't satisfying enough?

Relentless
08-29-2004, 03:27 PM
thanks again for attending the paintball, beach day and party, ElP

Your ballsy assault on Phil in the bunker where you dove and rolled only to run out of air was nothing short of highlight reel material.

JustinF
08-30-2004, 05:28 AM
lol. Tell me you have this on video!! :zipit:

ElPietro
08-30-2004, 07:04 AM
Lol, had a great time. Probably the best time playing paintball yet. Oh and to clarify, running out of air meant CO2, not that I was winded and like stopped to catch my breath. :D

I have a lot of small aches in my legs. Not muscle aches, just aches from crawling around on my stomach as my legs would catch on rocks and tree roots. Lol, we took it pretty hardcore that day.

Great bbq as well, nice house, great folks, had a superb time, as a kiwi would say.

Lucky you came back when you did with the ice, another 10 minutes and Sara was going to use me to get back at ya! :angel: :evillaugh

Focused70
08-30-2004, 09:50 AM

:lurk:

Otoh, his speed probably makes up for the large moving target-ness. heh.

Stash

Relentless
08-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Lucky you came back when you did with the ice, another 10 minutes and Sara was going to use me to get back at ya! :angel: :evillaugh

You must have taken a few too many paintballs to the head.

You're a nice fella and all but there's about as much chance of that happening as there is of rookiebldr overhead pressing YOU. She's a real loyal gal. :p

Alke
08-30-2004, 05:07 PM
you got any physical test licked man, good luck if you decide to do that!

I have tested my 1RM in a long time, so I might actually be using lighter weight than I should be using (between 50-60% of 1RM) I been guessing at around 250, wont know for sure till I hit a max double next week on bench will give me a better judge of it..

thanks for the advice guys on DE days, I know it is working cause I am on week 4 of westside and strength is increasing very well!

ElPietro
08-31-2004, 12:26 PM
We'll see, I will probably apply at some point, but I am not sure if I'll be able to afford the short term discrepancy in pay. But if I can manage to save up it is somewhat doable. Even if I apply there are no guarantees, and the application process can take a year so no harm trying.

Here is yesterday's lame chest session.

Flat BB Bench:

135x8/135x8/225x5/225x5/245x4/225x5

Incline Machine Press:

160x8/180x8/190x8

Standing BB Military Press:

45x8/115x5/115x5

*Bleh, haven't done any form of shoulder pressing in a few months, so thought I'd just touch on them a bit and get them going again. Not too much shoulder pain here, but still weak.

Dips:

x6/x5

DB Flyes:

35x8/40x6/40x6

Skulls:

90x8/90x8

Triceps Pushdowns:

195x8/210x5/195x7

1 arm Tri Pulldowns:

60x5/50x6/50x6

DB Laterals:

30x8/30x8/30x8/30x8

DB Front Raise:

20x8/25x8/20x8

Finished off with 20 minutes on the ellyptical.

ElPietro
08-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Lunchtime Cardio:

Bike: 20 minutes.

Lats tonight.

bill
08-31-2004, 02:37 PM
40 on cardio your getting serious?

ElPietro
09-01-2004, 07:28 AM
Yes, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Yesterday's lat session.

Seated Cable Rows:

150x8/180x8/210x8/210x8/210x5

WG Lat Pulldowns:

150x8/180x8/180x8

HS High Rows:

180x8/250x6/250x5

Rear Delt Raise:

25x8/25x8/25x8/25x8

*Figured I'd finally start giving the rear delts some love. This was done on a bench made for this.

I got 99 problems but DB Concentration Curls ain't one: :rolleyes:

50x5/50x5/35x8

DB Hammer Curls:

35x6/35x6/30x7

Finished with 20 minutes on the ellyptical. So that was an hour of cardio + a workout yesterday. :)

Relentless
09-01-2004, 08:02 AM
does the smoking help with your cardio at all? :p

ElPietro
09-01-2004, 08:10 AM
I need to quit. Was going to wait until the end of the summer or something, but to be honest, with the prices the way they are, it's not a cheap habit to uphold.

If you consider that an average smoker could go through 3-4 packs in a week, that works out to about the same cost as my digital cable with movie channels package each month. :(

I don't find it to affect my cardio though. I sometimes have a smoke just before going in and notice no real difference. But I sure do notice the $100+ a month it costs to maintain a habit that isn't exactly the wisest thing for me to go back to.

Relentless
09-01-2004, 08:12 AM
I reckon you can keep the khaki shorts ya borrowed, BTW... I have herds of pairs of shorts and they fit you pretty well, it seemed. :D

ElPietro
09-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Ok thanks! I guess if they are too tight for ya you might as well give em to me anyway. Maybe if you drop some pounds you can have em back. ;)

rookiebldr
09-01-2004, 09:25 AM
You're such a cardio bunny. ;)

JustinF
09-02-2004, 02:45 AM
I got 99 problems but DB Concentration Curls ain't one: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: = :nod:

:p

Nice sessions Pete. How's teh diet, fatty?

ElPietro
09-02-2004, 07:20 AM
Diet is prett gud. Weight came off then went on, and didn't check the last two mornings so dunno. I started taking creatine again this week so that could affect my weight by 3-5 lbs as well. I am not going to worry about the scale for a bit and just use the mirror for now.

Did legs last night, but forgot my journal in the car, so prolly post the session after lunch.

Relentless
09-02-2004, 07:22 AM
why creatine again? to help recovery while on negative calories?

ElPietro
09-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Yeah, and hopefully allow me to lift a bit better while low as well.

I have noticed the past two weeks that DOMS has been more prevalent than it normally has been in the recent past. Of course, I wasn't training all that regularly the last couple months anyway.

bill
09-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Pete's not giving up the cigs until after the contest, ya know wt gain, munchies and all. he he,
Justin's bustin A## also he'll give you a good challenge Pete
I may have to start running which I'm afraid will effect the legs( finally getting some size on the twigs). Does cardio affect your legs sessions> size?

ElPietro
09-02-2004, 08:29 AM
I don't think it impacts strength too much. Usually on a cut my legs are high up on the list of things that start shedding fat. But not sure how much muscle loss, I seem to usually be able to keep most of it.

All Justin and I need to do is beat both Cal and ectx to win teh t-shirts. Victory is assured! :D

rookiebldr
09-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Pete's not giving up the cigs until after the contest, ya know wt gain, munchies and all. he he,

You haven't given those up yet?

JustinF
09-07-2004, 06:24 AM
All Justin and I need to do is beat both Cal and ectx to win teh t-shirts. Victory is assured! :D

w0rd!!

Relentless
09-07-2004, 01:35 PM
w0rd!!

bring it on, fatty.

JustinF
09-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Oh, it's on!!!

No need for name calling!! :(

;)

bill
09-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Hey Pete I had pie for desert tonight. Oops sorry about that.

Shane
09-15-2004, 08:57 PM
*deadlifts from page 3*

Leprechaun
09-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey Pete I had pie for desert tonight. Oops sorry about that.

I like pie :drooling:

JustinF
09-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Yo!! Where's the sessions, Pete?

Relentless
09-17-2004, 12:53 PM
he's repping out with wrist-to-mouth curls on a couple bags of Doritos

ectx
09-17-2004, 12:54 PM
are you sure those are doritos?
:omg:

ElPietro
09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Homos. Actually, I was sick for about a week and a half. I think previously I got down to 244 or 245, but then when I got out of training I ballooned back to 248-ish. Started lifting a bit last week, and more this week, and now am back down to I think just under 243. Of course, the weekend will probably screw this up somehow. Just been lazy to post, but haven't gone at it too hard lately. Feeling fine now other than a lingering cough, which gets worse when I workout.

There are probably 4 or 5 weight training sessions that I haven't posted, and maybe 2-4 cardio sessions.

It's not like I need more than a month to beat you chumps anyway, so consider this me handicapping the contest for you fatties. :p

Anthony
09-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Petie, are you going to be bringing/using any equipment next weekend? I'll have mine with me, but if no one else is gonna bother using it, I won't either. :)

ElPietro
09-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Ant, I don't have a dildo if that's what you're asking for.

What are you bringing? I don't really use any of my stuff, but I guess could bring wraps. I'm not competition training right now anyway, so I'd be quite surprised if any of my lifts will be near max.

Anthony
09-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Mr. Funny man today!

I have 2 shirts, a suit, briefs, belt, wraps, bands (m, l, a, s). I doubt I'll bother with the suit, since I'm not even sure if I can fit in it anymore. But if you wanted to do some benching with the shirts, we could probably get them on easily with that many people around. Either way, makes no difference to me, I was just curious. :)

Oh, Isaac said the gym has chains too, so I'll definitely be using those at some point.

Adam
09-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh, Isaac said the gym has chains too, so I'll definitely be using those at some point.

There fun!
If your doing deads with them and the gym has enough chains you should start with a weight(say 350?) and add a chain each rep till you miss

bill
09-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Pete is that supportive equip?

rookiebldr
09-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Chains! I knew it was hardcore. But this is sounding medieval!

bill
09-18-2004, 08:25 PM
lol @ rookie

SW
09-19-2004, 10:06 AM
I wanna go to Bangor :(

ectx
09-22-2004, 11:15 AM
So I hear you're on your little roadtrip with elJeff. I thought I'd warn you to stock up on twinkies for your trip, otherwise you may never be able to, you twinkie loving whore.

Here's why. (http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2004-09-22-interstate-bakeries-bankruptcy_x.htm)

JustinF
09-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Update this thing f001

ericg
09-27-2004, 06:16 AM
Hey Ms Petey. Hoe you guys made it home safely. Did you make a Taco Bell stop on the way?

Relentless
09-27-2004, 08:22 AM
not many Taco Bells on the highway rest stops around here, eric

it's mostly McDonald's & Wendy's

although I wouldn't put it past ElPietro to make a detour off the highway to stock up. ;)

Isaac Wilkins
09-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Actually, he and Jeff were planning to hit one here before they left.

;)

JustinF
09-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Hey Pete? What's up with room 101?

ElPietro
09-27-2004, 09:28 AM
those fags abandoned me there quasi-passed out. i will say no more, as it could get any of THEM in trouble!

JustinF
09-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Since when has that stopped you? Spill it! :p

ericg
09-27-2004, 09:34 AM
LOL Im safe so spill it bro...;)

Focused70
09-27-2004, 10:00 AM
*looks for a session*

*finds none*

*compares Rene's to Petey's journalz*

;)

Stash

Isaac Wilkins
09-27-2004, 10:51 AM
those fags abandoned me there quasi-passed out. i will say no more, as it could get any of THEM in trouble!

LMAO. When I was told about it, I was left with the impression that ya'll were invited to room 101, but never went. NOW I need to be told. ;)

ericg
09-27-2004, 12:42 PM
The term cougar comes to mind...

rookiebldr
09-27-2004, 01:41 PM
lol

Now is not the time to give it *all* up.

ElPietro
09-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Afternoon cardio:

10 minutes bike
22 minutes ellyptical (meant to do 20 mins, but the '0' key didn't work, '2' is what popped in when I punched the console)

Well, my cut is going like any other cut i've done. Make progress, lose it all, make progress, lose it all. A week before the trip, I was getting down to I think it was 241, then one day it bounced to 244, and then a semi-poor diet day and it was a tad over 246. After the weekend I just had it's over 247. So basically back to where I started. Not quite as bad as before though, there is SOME muscle trying to peek through. I'm guessing after 2 or 3 days of training and diet, I'll drop back to 244 or less, as I know with such short-term fluctuations it must be mostly water.

Anyone wanna remind me when the end date for this cut is? I'm thinking it's end of october.

Anyway, met up with some wbb bizzos as you all have read. What we did, for the most part has been explained.

Borris is a great host, despite not having a ****ing scroll wheel on his god damned mouse! Good guy to go drinking with, despite the attempted groin shots he took at me whilst hammered. Big strong guy, although, not as strong as me of course! :cool: If he were, I wouldn't be able to get along with him at all. Probably why Alex and I would never work, despite the fact that we've learned to share. :D

Ericg is another guy that I could tell I'd get along with. Reminds me of drinking buddies from the university days. If you ever meet him, make sure you pinch his nipples. :evillaugh

Anthony is a pretty boy. He should not be able to lift what he does with such a pretty face. I guess he keeps his girlish good looks by going to bed at 9pm every night. I guess he'd be a good guy to drink with...if you started at noon or something. :D Wasn't quite as short as I thought he'd be, and didn't fight back as much as I figured he would at my incessant taunts.

Jeff, bah, I've met him enough times, not gonna waste more space on him. :p Although, anyone I can survive confined in a car for 2 12 hour road trips with, I guess is a pretty good guy. He does tend to snore though.

Teh miscellaneous girlfriends: :hump:

Managed to drunk call ectx, alex, and powermajt, I think I may have left a couple voicemails as well.

All in all, I'd consider it worth the drive. Would have been better if the beanstalk could have gotten out of work and come down. I needed someone to help me root against the red sox just to piss off those around me. :D

Focused70
09-28-2004, 01:21 PM
The only problem with that scenario is that you forgot to mention which beanstalk. :eek:

Stash

ericg
09-28-2004, 01:43 PM
...I was trying to figure out how I had no cash the next day, and then realized I went through $100 at that bar, had no food, and we were only there at most a couple hours. :D Luckily, there was enough left over for a taco bell lunch. :cool:

Hmm, maybe you spent it all in Room 101?

ElPietro
09-28-2004, 01:48 PM
That non-incident was friday, not saturday. So I must shoot down your attempted theory to discredit my fine moral standing.

JustinF
09-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Hmm, maybe you spent it all in Room 101?

:eek:

You didn't!!

ericg
09-28-2004, 01:50 PM
So did you set aside an allowance for each day you were there?

ElPietro
09-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Yes, my allowance was however much money it took daily, to get me and everyone else willing or unwilling hammered.

ericg
09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
That non-incident was friday, not saturday. So I must shoot down your attempted theory to discredit my fine moral standing.

Couldnt live up to their high expectations? Sad performance tuttut

Isaac Wilkins
09-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Say what you will, Ms. Petey.

However, the next meet-up might well consist of a bunch of meatheads going to a southern strip club with a bottle of nasal tren.

I'm just sayin'...

Mr. High Ground.

:rolleyes:

ElPietro
09-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Here's yesterday's afterwork bench stuff. Before I even got into the gym I was in pain. This could only happen to me of course. I'm getting out of the car, just shift my arm a bit to adjust the seatbelt, and all of a sudden there's like this super intense pain in my shoulder. Right on top of the shoulder, where that little pointy bone sticks up at the end of the clavicle. Hurt like a real b!tch. It didn't cause pain in any particular direction, so figured it was just a pinched nerve. Really sucked for the workout, and it's still there today, but whatever. Bah.

BB Bench:

135x8/135x8/205x8/205x8/225x6/245x5/255x3/205x6

DB Flyes:

35x8/35x8

Incline Machine Press:

190x8/190x8

Dips:

x8/x6

Triceps Pushdown:

195x8/210x8/225x8/235x6

*235 is the stack, plus the two 5 lbs weights that you can drop down.

1 arm Tri Pulldowns:

45x10/45x8

DB Lateral Raise:

35x6/40x6

DB Front Raise:

25x8/30x6

Did 20 minutes at a consistently fast clip on the ellyptical and that was it.

ericg
09-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Nice session Petey considering the shoulder pain. You best keep an eye on that AC joint. They are a bitch sometimes.

ElPietro
09-29-2004, 08:06 AM
I think it helped. The pain of the pinched nerve must have masked the normal pain of my left rotator. So the only other pain I had is in my left wrist, which I believe is some bad carpal tunnel. :)

JustinF
09-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Nice session fatty! You know what's even worse than being a fatty? Being a :whiner: fatty!!

ElPietro
09-29-2004, 11:41 AM
*kicks beanstalk in knee*

Afternoon cardio:

Bike: 15 minutes
Ellyptical: 25 minutes

Got my sweat on.

Lats tonight.

Shane
09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Here's yesterday's afterwork bench stuff. Before I even got into the gym I was in pain. This could only happen to me of course. I'm getting out of the car, just shift my arm a bit to adjust the seatbelt, and all of a sudden there's like this super intense pain in my shoulder. Right on top of the shoulder, where that little pointy bone sticks up at the end of the clavicle. Hurt like a real b!tch. It didn't cause pain in any particular direction, so figured it was just a pinched nerve. Really sucked for the workout, and it's still there today, but whatever. Bah.

That's what you get for wearing a seat belt. Pfft.

Alex.V
09-29-2004, 07:33 PM
You have bad taste in women.

JustinF
09-30-2004, 03:24 AM

*snicker*

:zipit:

ericg
09-30-2004, 05:17 AM

Correct me if I am wrong Petey, but the correct word is Cougar?

ElPietro
09-30-2004, 07:26 AM

I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!

Lol, how's Duke these days? :D ;)

Justina and especially Ericg, stfu! :swear:

Yesterday's lame lat lunacy:

WG Pulldowns:

150x8/180x8/210x5/195x6

Seated Cbl Rows:

180x8/210x8/240x5/210x7/210x6

HS High Row:

230x8/230x8

Chest Supported DB Rear Delt Raise:

30x6/30x6/30x6

CCs:

45x6/45x6/45x5/35x8/35x6

HCs:

30x6/30x6/30x6

Finished off with 18 minutes on the ellyptical. Was only gonna do 15, but some new girl with quite a nice body was in there, so I stayed a bit longer. When she left I decided to stop though. Happened to make eye contact with her as she was leaving, and we both sorta smiled. Sex is imminent. :cool:

JustinF
09-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Pussy. Have some balls and speak up. Or do you only like 60-somethings? :D

JustinF
09-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Oh yeah, nice session I guess. :p

ElPietro
10-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Made it yesterday for legs. Didn't expect much, I've only squatted twice since my competion, which I guess is more than 2 months ago, and haven't trained legs in 2-3 weeks.

Squats:

135x3/135x6/135x6/225x5/275x5/325x5/275x5

*I was actually quite pleased here. Usually I don't do more than 2-3 reps with anything over 3 plates. I was determined to just get five before I started the set. It's funny that the 5th rep felt just like the 2nd rep. Heavy, a bit slow, taxing etc, but just kept going up. So it's hard to know how many I could actually do. Maybe I'll have to try to failure someday.

Leg Extensions:

225x8/255x8/285x8/300x8

Lying Hammy Curl:

105x8/120x8/120x8

*Ugh, my legs were really blown to bits at this point, so decided to end it there. Was gonna do calves, but may just do em today in a miscellaneous workout.

Anthony
10-01-2004, 10:18 AM
325x5?!? ****. I got 315x3 (non failure) when I was drunk. :D

And Petie is a pimp.

Hatred
10-01-2004, 11:00 AM
:eek:

ElPietro
10-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah! You also got 365x0!!! Good stuff!

325x5 wasn't to failure anyway.

Anthony
10-01-2004, 11:07 AM
stfu frenchie. :D

ectx
10-01-2004, 11:08 AM
325x5?!? ****. I got 315x3 (non failure) when I was drunk. :D

And Petie is a pimp.

I thought petey was an ingnorant slut. Bah!

bill
10-01-2004, 05:20 PM
hope the wife smiles at me tonight. lol Pete get someone to check this gal out for you, seems something courgarish could happen.

ericg
10-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Nice squatting Pete!

ElPietro
10-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Thanks mang! At least you didn't come in here and brag about doing less weight for less reps like Anthony! Lol, I'm still trying to figure out how he was showing me up with that one. :D

Alex.V
10-04-2004, 10:48 AM
It's funny that the 5th rep felt just like the 2nd rep.

That's what happens when you make up numbers.

just kidding.

Anthony
10-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Maybe because you have 50lbs on me and I was drunk! :D

Isaac Wilkins
10-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but you only have a 2" ROM.

rookiebldr
10-04-2004, 11:08 AM
/pwn3d

ericg
10-04-2004, 11:29 AM
ouch.

Anthony
10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
It's all relative, bitches! :swear:

ElPietro
10-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Lol, I needn't say more. :D

Made it to the gym for a bit of cardio at lunch:

Bike: 12 minutes
Ellyptical: 20 minutes

Also, here is friday's miscellaneous workout.

BB Shrugs:

135x8/225x8/225x8/315x6/405x5/405x3/315x6

*Bah, I guess I'll have to start doin these more regularly, suckage.

DB Shrugs:

95x8/110x8

Incline Machine Press:

140x8/170x8/190x8/200x8

**200 is the stack so not much more to do there.

Triceps Pushdowns:

195x8/210x8/225x8/225x6/210x6

DB Lateral Raise:

30x8/35x6

DB Front Raise:

25x8/25x8

DB CCs:

35x8/35x8

Weekend wasn't too bad on the diet front. Kept things reasonable. Only up one pound. Had to go for dinner at the neighbours. I was kinda pissed since they had it at 1:30. Don't they know that that is critical time for football!

Also, I had my last cigarette friday afternoon, but caved a bit and had 2 sunday evening. Haven't had any so far today. Just chew a piece of nicorette anytime I start having visions of ripping co-workers heads off.

Also, went to a couple openings for condos in the GTA on saturday. Almost bought at one place, but didn't wanna wait for construction, and it woulda been a three bedroom, instead of two one bedrooms which I want. Trying to get mother to live on her own, but she wants to at least live in the same building. This makes condo hunting a bitch. I don't want to isolate her though, so I'll keep lookin for now. Found a couple in a perfect location, just a bit ago, so I'm gonna see what the assessment says we can get for the house and take it from there. Lol, they ain't big condos, but I don't need much space.

God, quittin smoking + dealing with mother + condo hunting = I need sex.

Anthony
10-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Lock up your grandmothers, Petie is on the hunt!

rookiebldr
10-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Also, I had my last cigarette friday afternoon, but caved a bit and had 2 sunday evening. Haven't had any so far today. Just chew a piece of nicorette anytime I start having visions of ripping co-workers heads off.

:clap:

God, quittin smoking + dealing with mother + condo hunting = I need sex.

:eek: runs

bill
10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
lol @ belial , And Pete hunting.

BIGBRI
10-04-2004, 07:46 PM
nice work el p...congrats on quitting smoking nasty habit.

ericg
10-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Lock up your grandmothers, Petie is on the hunt!

LMAO

Glad to read that you quit smoking bro! Now stick with it.

ElPietro
10-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Har har, everyone is a comedian these days huh? Funny, when I need a laugh I just go look at your journals!

Thanks to those that have made positive comments. :)

Well, diet was pretty good yesterday. Came up with an interesting new lunch meal, that makes me look like a gourmet. I have a buncha different parcels, one with low carb pita wraps, one with grilled chicken, one with lettuce, one with shredded mozza, and one with low carb ranch dressing. I combine all of these into some f'ugly looking wrap and microwave. It's pretty f'ing good. I need to get jalepenos though, and perhaps some fat free mozza, but other than that it's pretty good. Brought 1.5 chick breasts this time for the two wraps though, as two made it close to unmanageable, and I'm pretty much a jedi with anything in burrito form.

Weight is gud. Came in at 242.4 lbs this morning. So I guess escaping the weekend and not totally binging has helped. Hope to break the 240 mark this week. Thanksgiving is coming up though.

Here's last nights short-ish chest workout:

Incline Machine Press:

140x8/170x8

*This was warmup, because some ****ing asshat was supersetting lunges on one bench, and bench press on the other, but took like 5 minutes between ****ing sets. Was some new guy, a skinny twerp that obviously required his initial new member beating.

Flat BB Bench:

135x10/135x8/225x8/275x2/315x1/245x6/225x6

**Only had a spotter for the 315, and he didn't touch the bar. Contemplated trying for 2 reps, but meh.

DB Flyes:

45x6/45x6/45x6

Triceps Pushdowns:

195x8/225x8/225x6

Dips:

x8/x6

Machine Shoulder Press:

135x8/165x4

Finished with some ellyptical time. Can't remember if it was 15 or 20 minutes. Probably 20.

Here's today's one-pack wakeup + cardio:

Cable Crunches: (on heavy pulley)

95x10/95x10/105x8/105x8

Hanging Straight Leg Raise:

x8/x8/x8

DB Sidebends:

65x8/65x8

That's it. Lats tonight, and also having some biatch come assess my house. Found a couple loft condos 1 minute drive from work that I like and can almost afford. They will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine. :cool::cool:

ericg
10-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Nice benching.

I must ask about the DB sidebends...how do you do them, i would think you would use much more weight then that??

ElPietro
10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I just did them lightly. Normally I'll use between 85-95 lbs.

Basically, hold the db at your side, lower it to like your knee, and then reach with your free hand and bring it somewhere around your knee on the other side, which raises the db. Hard to explain such a simple exercise.