PDA

View Full Version : damn....i could not keep up

ChubbZ
12-26-2002, 12:15 AM
i could not keep up wit my diet(ckd) i have been cutting for 31/2 months and im around 185 at around 14-16%bf. As soon as the holidays came up and got very cold in the morning i lost my motivation. I am going to bulk as of now, fuk the cutting(makes me feel to weak). Do u guys feel this way sometimes??? its like all of a sudden ur motivation is gone.

AstronautJones
12-26-2002, 12:59 AM
If I understand you correctly, I believe I have heard of this. In Arnold's Ecyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding he talks about 'the fear of smallness', which happens to bodybuilders when they cut. They see all their bulk going away, and are afraid they are getting smaller.

It happens to about everyone, and you just have to stay focused and realize that it's the adipose tissue that you are losing (hopefully).

Wizard
12-26-2002, 01:47 AM
On the other hand there's the getting fat fear that prevents many people from keeping up with their weight gaining diets.

AstronautJones
12-26-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Wizard
On the other hand there's the getting fat fear that prevents many people from keeping up with their weight gaining diets.

Also true.

bradley
12-26-2002, 03:43 AM
You have to cut the weight eventually and the higher your bf% gets the longer you will have to diet. How much progress did you make with your cut? A few days off of your diet will not set back your progress that much and it might be worthwhile to just change diets (from ckd to maybe iso-caloric).

ChubbZ
12-26-2002, 11:28 AM
i was a fat guy, not really fat though, but fat. I was like 5'10" 215lbs and i dunno how much bf but around 20 -23% bf. Wut would u guys do???? Do u think i should still keep cutting to a lower bf% or just go ahead and bulk and gain some muscle and cut when summer time is near???

ChubbZ
12-26-2002, 11:31 AM
i did not do the ckd diet for 3 1/2 months i started wit a high protein/moderate carbs and low fat diet. I just started ckd like 3 weeks ago. I could not keep up wit all those morning cardio. Its cold as a fuk out there. =)

Shao-LiN
12-26-2002, 12:42 PM
So don't use ckd. Or do cardio indoors.

bradley
12-26-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ChubbZ
i was a fat guy, not really fat though, but fat. I was like 5'10" 215lbs and i dunno how much bf but around 20 -23% bf. Wut would u guys do???? Do u think i should still keep cutting to a lower bf% or just go ahead and bulk and gain some muscle and cut when summer time is near???

Although it all boils down to what your goals and personal preference, but I would continue to cut IMO. After you reach a lower bf % start to bulk again. Cutting for extended amounts of time will probably end up with more LBM lost than if you started cutting from a lower bf%.

Stray
12-26-2002, 06:18 PM
Go to a gym or workout at home indoors.

I don't have an exercise bike or anything though

Jumprope , jog in place, shadowbox, aerobics, tae bo ...anything you can come up with.

I don't have room..

Make room.

I'll just bulk now and cut when it gets warm outside

Will you? Or will another excuse come up?

It being cold outside is just an excuse. ;)

Shao-LiN
12-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Yah, usually when I have sweats on and jogging outside, I warm up pretty quick anyway.