PDA

View Full Version : Pics of me and my buddies in Phoenix

chris mason
12-26-2002, 06:06 PM
This first one is of myself and my buddy Cliff. Cliff just joined this site. Cliff has the most amazing genes of anyone I know. He hasn't trained in years and yet he weighs a solid 250 lbs at just over 6'. I will post a pic of his untrained arm below.

chris mason
12-26-2002, 06:07 PM
Here is an arm shot.

chris mason
12-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Another.

chris mason
12-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Both of us.

chris mason
12-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Craig James and I.

chris mason
12-26-2002, 06:14 PM
My buddy Matt Winter and I. Matt runs a large Toyota dealership in Scottsdale, hence the background. He is quite large, 5'10" or so and 260 ish lbs.

Adam
12-26-2002, 06:19 PM
Nice pics.
I want cliff's genes!!!

Saturday Fever
12-26-2002, 06:46 PM
Man, you guys are all "sleepers." You don't look massive (at least in pictures) until you show off the guns, etc. Cool that you had a chance to relax in the sun for awhile chris.

Craig James
12-26-2002, 07:05 PM
I am the 'puny' friend...

Chris - I still can't get over Cliff's size - and without any working out!

*sob* I feel so miniscule! BTW, thanks for showing me the deadlifts! - Chris showed me how a big boy does deads - I am jazzed to incorporate them into my workout.

Rock
12-26-2002, 07:43 PM
thats amazing to keep such big arms with out training, anyways looks like you got your self some big friends, Mr.Winter looks he has some mad size, looks like some great weather too, at this time of year, looks like you had a nice day!

rookiebldr
12-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Craig James
I am the 'puny' friend...

Chris - I still can't get over Cliff's size - and without any working out!

*sob* I feel so miniscule! BTW, thanks for showing me the deadlifts! - Chris showed me how a big boy does deads - I am jazzed to incorporate them into my workout.

Craig, having Chris helping you out will ensure that you don't remain puny for long.

chris mason
12-26-2002, 08:22 PM
SF, actually, I think it is the reference point and the clothes. Both Matt and Cliff are 250 lbs +. Craig is the lightest at 210 lbs (under 6'). So, you don't have a normal size guy to compare us to. Matt and Cliff look huge regardless of what they are wearing.

Lettuce Face
12-26-2002, 09:32 PM
An interesting fact about these pictures is this:

You always go for the shoulder reach-around on these guys, whereas they always seem to go lower with their arms'.

kimpy225
12-26-2002, 10:41 PM
cool pictures!
lol did you run around all in one day and see all those guys? :)
cause you are in the same shirt :)

ElPietro
12-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Maybe he is a closet trainer. He prolly is shooting gear into his nads every morning and training for 3 hours straight. Then when ppl ask, he's saying he hasn't worked out in years. :D

chris mason
12-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Lettuce Face
An interesting fact about these pictures is this:

You always go for the shoulder reach-around on these guys, whereas they always seem to go lower with their arms'.

That is because I initiated the pose for each picture. Can you come up with no better insight?

Rock
12-27-2002, 10:21 AM
Lettuce Face why do you post something like that, if you want to be an asshole there are like a 100 other boards for the unmannered,rude and unpolite jumbo a holes, go over to Elite and get educated about the wonders of synthol in your scrotum or something, because that statement is so rude and uncalled for that its just plain provocating.

Pup
12-27-2002, 10:58 AM
You have some large friends chris...another thing, if i was your wife, i would go through your closet, get rid of the majority of your clothes and make you go shopping.

Lettuce Face...don't be a jerk man, if you are that uncomfortable with your sexuality maybe you shouldn't be viewing pics, i mean its pretty obvious with a name like Chris Mason as the poster you won't be seeing pics of women. Good day :)

AdamGberg
12-27-2002, 11:00 AM
:omg: your friends are like those vans that run the quarter mile in 9 seconds, all "sleepers"

tell your friend cliff to hit the gym once a week and i bet you he would be huge!

chris mason
12-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Cliff did just join a gym. You guys don't even know the half of it. When Cliff trains, he looks incredible. His arms will look better than anyone's on this site, including the steroid users, and he is clean. Many of you will doubt, but as you know, I don't fib.

BennettBoy
12-27-2002, 01:03 PM
His arms already look as good or better than any I've seen on this site. That is unreal for not having been training.

Big Show
12-27-2002, 01:05 PM
Chris I bet nobody tries to mess with your friend Cliff,those arms are monsterous:D

Just goes to show that you don't need drugs to look big

But wouldn't being that big be kind of hard on his heart even if he's over 6ft or am I mistaken?

BTW you're friend Cliff is as big as some WWE Superstars minus the AAS:eek:

Lettuce Face
12-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Rock
Lettuce Face why do you post something like that, if you want to be an asshole there are like a 100 other boards for the unmannered,rude and unpolite jumbo a holes, go over to Elite and get educated about the wonders of synthol in your scrotum or something, because that statement is so rude and uncalled for that its just plain provocating.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was just trying to point out something interesting about these pictures.

Black_Curtain
12-27-2002, 02:11 PM
Nice pics Chris

Howcome all your friends are huge :O

Craig James
12-27-2002, 02:12 PM
I personally enjoyed grabbing Chris's ass in our picture... :eek:

Big Show
12-27-2002, 02:14 PM

Ummm Craig is there something you'd like to tell us?:p j/k

Manveet
12-27-2002, 02:47 PM
You have some large friends chris...another thing, if i was your wife, i would go through your closet, get rid of the majority of your clothes and make you go shopping.

I was waiting for someone to say that, lol.

Manveet
12-27-2002, 02:49 PM
Btw, Phoenix looks ace this time of year.

Craig James
12-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
Btw, Phoenix looks ace this time of year.

We actually had pretty crappy weather earlier in the week - rain and temps in the 50's. But today is absolutely beautiful - sunny and in the low 70's. Wish I had my golf clubs handy...

Chomsky
12-27-2002, 11:33 PM
Chris, you look a great deal like my drum teacher, except he's fatter. Man. You are all big fellows. Your buddy Cliff is a beast.

Sayiajin Prince
12-28-2002, 08:23 AM
u guys look too happy, like ur hiding a bomb happy!

btw ace friend :)

Alex.V
12-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Christ almighty. Chris, you have some large friends. lol. Y'all must attract attention when you go out... and strike fear into the hearts of all-you-can-eat establishments. ;)

Hercule
12-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Belial
Y'all must attract attention when you go out... and strike fear into the hearts of all-you-can-eat establishments. ;)

LMAO!

chris mason
12-28-2002, 08:02 PM
Hmmmm, come to think of it, we probably could put some buffet joint out of business.

Oh, and Kimpy, yes I did it all in one day.

As to my wardrobe, what's the problem? I was wearing a polo shirt and some slacks. What fashion faux pas did I commit now?

Maki Riddington
12-28-2002, 10:45 PM
You're old Chris.

lick
12-29-2002, 07:17 PM
i guess this being a bodybuilding board, everyone talks **** when you post a pic wearing clothes? I dont see what the big deal is with chris's clothes. look fine to me.

cool pics. all big guys. post pics of that guy when he is all pumped. must be huge.

Manveet
12-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Everyone likes to bug Chris when he posts pics, but we all know he's :cool:

cliff allen
12-30-2002, 12:47 PM

leave it to craig to shoot a smart remark. He's usally pretty quick with the wise cracks.

Tryska
12-30-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by cliff allen

He's usally pretty quick with the wise cracks.

i'm quoting and duly noting this, because the misquote-ability of this comment is not to be ignored.

(hopefully since i got to it first, the rest of y'all vultures won't even go there.)

btw - Chris - greatr pics...all of y'all are indeed quite big and muscly. :thumbup:

and craig, you're a lot slimmer, then i thought, from back when we used to talk.

Craig James
12-30-2002, 01:17 PM

He's usally pretty quick with the wise cracks.

Aye, and what a wise one Chris has too...

Craig James
12-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Tryska

and craig, you're a lot slimmer, then i thought, from back when we used to talk.

Thanks, Tryska. I am a bit slimmer, though not as slim as I would like yet. Just remember, when you want to look thin, have your pic taken standing next to *coughfattercough* larger guys...

Tryska
12-30-2002, 01:24 PM
doh!

the doc
12-30-2002, 01:36 PM
looks like you were having a great time chris

Your mates are all big mofos!
How big is that fellas arm! :eek:

chris mason
12-30-2002, 02:05 PM
I prefer to call us thicker , not fatter...

and my wardrobe is cool, darnit!

cliff allen
12-30-2002, 02:57 PM
Ok so I didn't pay attention to what I wrote. I'm currently at work and have people walking in my office constantly and somtimes misspell words. But on the other hand this looks like a poke session on Chris. It's ok Chris I agree with you the correct term would be thicker not fatter.

chris mason
12-30-2002, 03:35 PM
See Cliff, no love online either!:cry:

Pup
12-30-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by chris mason

Its not that its a polo chris...its just an old man polo, and god those stripes...i'm rambling but dude, ask your wife to give you a few pointers, please!

Craig James
12-30-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by chris mason

Yeah, Chris is a regular Don Juan in these clothes compared to what he used to wear... Ratty old T-shirts and large sweat-shorts with no pockets... It used to drive me crazy going anywhere with Chris because he never had any pockets to put his keys or wallet into... Believe me, Chris has come a loooooong way! :D

the doc
12-30-2002, 04:32 PM
cliff how big are those arms of yours?

Scooby-Doo
12-30-2002, 04:46 PM
lmao

cliff allen
12-30-2002, 04:55 PM
I havn't measured in a very long while but the last number I rember was (and correct me if I'm wrong Chris) 21 1/4 inches pumped. This was back in the day when Chris and I used to be animals at the gym we went religiously, no messin around we went in hit hard and then left and made sure we had plenty of rest in between. I'm aiming to get back to that plato.

chris mason
12-30-2002, 04:58 PM
I remember measuring Cliff's arm at 19.5" cold, not pumped. At the time, he only weighed in the 220s. Before I moved away from Phoenix, Cliff had been training again, and he much bigger than I had ever seen him, so I believe they were right around 20" cold.

cliff allen
12-30-2002, 05:02 PM
My best ever was seated curls with strick form 90lbs. dumbells for reps of ten. Again as stated in a previous message I never went for my max, so I have no Idea what it might have been.

Big Show
12-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Cliff you certainly are an inspiration to other bodybuilders on this forum.Although your genetic gifts are obvious,you show that drugs aren't needed to be huge.

Do you think that if I took my vitamins and said my prayers that I'd be as big as you?;)

My best ever was seated curls with strick form 90lbs. dumbells for reps of ten.

May I be the first to say:eek: & :omg:

Note to self surpass Cliff Allen in strength :p

cliff allen
12-30-2002, 06:00 PM
Yes of course! I don't think I'm anything special, but like I said before proper diet (mines not all that great) strick form and serious determanation and I would add paying very close attention to what your body is telling you. ie am I training to much, am I lifting too much or not enough, should I go heavier.
This is the key to growth. Now my thing is not size it's strength, I don't like power lifting hence the 10reps per set.

chris mason
12-30-2002, 06:55 PM
Ok, one second. Cliff, you are something very special with regards to your genetics in your upper body. It is like anything, everyone has their gifts, big friggin guns etc. are yours.

I have always considered myself to have good genes, but regardless of how I trained etc., my arms at their best would not equal yours at their best.

Cliff is living proof that a very few people can get freakishly big without drugs. Please note, a very few .

Oh, and with regards to his dumbbell curls, they are more impressive than they sound (and they sound quite impressive)! When Cliff trains, he trains with impeccable form. He performs the dumbbell curls seated on a flat bench, and executes the movement with no swaying etc. It is really impressive to see.

Wait until he gets back into the gym for a month or two, I will make sure to get some pics up then (Craig may have to be the photographer).

chris mason
12-30-2002, 06:57 PM
Now my thing is not size it's strength, I don't like power lifting hence the 10reps per set.

I think you meant the other way around Cliff, no? Of course the 90s are freaky strength.

cliff allen
12-31-2002, 08:56 AM
Ok, Ok, having good genetics might have a role in it, also I think everyone has their favorite body part, Arms is mine.

Hey are you calling me a FREAK?;)

AdamGberg
12-31-2002, 12:56 PM
yes

AdamGberg
12-31-2002, 12:56 PM
;)

JohnCollins
01-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey, Chris, don't feel bad about your fashion sense. I'm in the same boat. I buy stuff, then wear it till it falls apart because I'd rather put pointy objects under my nails than shop for clothes.

My wife gave up on me years ago.

P.S. I liked your outfit, but I'd take that as a contrary indicator, if I was you. :D

Rock
01-04-2003, 09:55 AM
damn 20inches
...holy ...freaking....