PDA

View Full Version : Meal question

dualman125
07-13-2001, 07:03 PM
Lets say you havent eaten all day, only thing availible to you is junkfood like pizza and etc, is it better to eat the junk food instead of starving, or eat nothing at all?

Tryska
07-13-2001, 07:04 PM
eat.

and don't starve all day. ever ever again. tuttut

Cackerot69
07-13-2001, 07:15 PM
Eat.

Chris Rodgers
07-13-2001, 08:31 PM
You weigh focking 117 lbs!!! I seem heavy next to you and I'm tiny. I eat everything. Just eat bro. Eat often, eat big, rest, eat again.

Chris Rodgers
07-13-2001, 08:32 PM
Wait a minute, thought you were the other guy.

How much do you weigh and what are your goals?

Ironman15
07-13-2001, 09:33 PM
lol no that would be me weighing 117lbs. But I've kept to my diet and I ate alot today. :D

flake
07-14-2001, 02:21 PM
I know a guy that intentionally startves himself on day a week and the eats like a mf the next day. This guy is huge.

Wide Guy
07-15-2001, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by flake
I know a guy that intentionally startves himself on day a week and the eats like a mf the next day. This guy is huge. Why? What's it supposed to do?

flake
07-16-2001, 05:02 AM
it's like a very extreme methode of calorie cycling. the lack of food on the first day makes the body produce far more hormones the next day when he's gorgeing.

wouldn't recomend it done like this though

Wizard
07-16-2001, 06:49 AM
There's a kind of diet called "the warrior diet" where you
can eat only once per day,in the night,everything your soul wants to..
Maybe it's a less extreme methode of calorie cycling and it's supposed to increase proteinosynthesis and insulin sensivity as well.
I don't believe that you need 30-50 grams of protein every 2-3 hours everyday.That's crap.

Tryska
07-16-2001, 06:57 AM
hey!

There was a name for the way I ate before??

umm....a couple words on the warrior diet.....I don't know about y'all men.....but when I was eating like that, I rarely got in over 1000 cals a day...IMO, the "warrior diet" as it is called, sets you up for starvation level issues, as well as messes with your energy levels through the rest of the day.

I highly recommend eating several times through the day and eating breakfast. I did a lot of damage to my body eating one evening meal a day, and would hate to see someone else set themselves up like that. :(

Wizard
07-16-2001, 07:06 AM
..Or at least,just eat small portions of protein with a little fat throughout the day and have the reward meal at night.(the Heller's book for carbohydrate addicts)

Alex.V
07-16-2001, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
hey!

There was a name for the way I ate before??

umm....a couple words on the warrior diet.....I don't know about y'all men.....but when I was eating like that, I rarely got in over 1000 cals a day...IMO, the "warrior diet" as it is called, sets you up for starvation level issues, as well as messes with your energy levels through the rest of the day.

I highly recommend eating several times through the day and eating breakfast. I did a lot of damage to my body eating one evening meal a day, and would hate to see someone else set themselves up like that. :(

I've eaten like that in the past. Theoretically, it has some merit.... But that's theoretically.

It's possible to consume enough calories that way, believe me. I'm not recommending it, I'm not endorsing it, but starvation mode will not be reached after 23 hours. After a massive gorging, the body will not begin metabolic slowdown to any significant extent for quite some time. Nobody here, however, being exposed to what we recommend, is going to go on that stupid diet, so I don't think you need to worry.

:D

Besides, why restrict gorging to ONE meal if you're bulking? lol

Tryska
07-16-2001, 08:02 AM
well I meant starvation levels over months and years...not necessarily one day.

but yeah..just eat and lift. and eat some more..*lol*