PDA

View Full Version : Where the F*** do I start now?

Celestial
12-27-2002, 07:18 PM
Ok here is the deal. I had bronchitis really bad for the last two months. I quit teaining for that reason and because I kept getting dizzy. The dizziness was caused because I had lost so much weight and my body could not control my blood pressure. The last two months I ate whatever and barely worked out. I gained 10lbs. Good thing though is my dizziness dissapeared and I think this break will help me with the pleateau I eas on all year. Ok I got accepted to www.amiracademy.com I will be doing Thai Kickboxing, as well as a three day split for training. What should I do about my diet these days? Shoudl I start on a low carber again? I sorta dont know where to start now. Any help or advice would be great. Thanx :)

Celestial

xraygirl
12-27-2002, 07:27 PM
I would go with lots of fruits and vegs throughout the day and limit the starch intake after about 2:00 p.m. But that's just my take. You have to experiment and do what works best for your body.

Saint Patrick
12-27-2002, 07:38 PM
We're glad to see you back on the boards, babe!

Shao-LiN
12-27-2002, 09:57 PM
I assume you want to cut. If you're going to be training a lot, especially with the cardio that I imagine thai boxing will provide, low carb probably might not be for you. I'd just go for a 40/30/30 split of p/f/c.

bradley
12-28-2002, 05:55 AM
I agree with Shao-Lin. Start out with the 40/30/30 macro split and see how that goes. Then you can start changing the macros as you see fit to get the results you want. I would also be careful about cutting cals to quickly when beginning your diet.

xraygirl
12-28-2002, 07:13 AM
I'm not talking low carb. I ate starches with breakfast and lunch including the 2 snacks that were 2.5-3 hrs after each meal. It's just after 2 p.m. My carb intake was limited to fresh vegs. I don't believe in cutting food groups completely out, but I do believe that there is an overabundance of starches in today's diets and that it contributes greatly to the obesity epidemic. Moderation in all things, to occasionally include moderation ;)

Tryska
12-28-2002, 08:36 AM
yeah, you can't go wrong with 40/30/30 consdiering the cardio. and i also like x's idea of eating plenty of fresh veg and fruits, and limiting starches towards the tail-end of the day.

welcome back btw. :)

Celestial
12-28-2002, 09:54 AM
Thanx guys it sounds good! I am heading to the gym today, first day in god knows how long. I woke up today and looked and saw my belly wasnt flat ne more.....that was depressing :(

bradley
12-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Celestial
Thanx guys it sounds good! I am heading to the gym today, first day in god knows how long.

First step is usually the hardest. Good luck with your training.