12-29-2002, 03:40 AM
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp veg or peanut oil
1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed & sliced
1 & 3/4 cups bok choy, roughly chopped w/ stalks separated from leaves
3 tbsp soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
pepper to taste

Fry garlic in oil til warm but not sticking, add sliced mushrooms w/ bok choy stalks and stir for about 1 min. Cover pan and cook for about 5 min. Add bok choy leaves, soy sauce, and sesame oil and cook till leaves wilt, about 2 or 3 min. Add pepper to taste.

That's it.

AdamGberg
12-29-2002, 02:09 PM
sounds yummy...rather hit one of the hole in the wall chinese places though, they can cook better then i ever can

xraygirl
12-29-2002, 04:52 PM
I mainly posted this for Franjipani's benefit. Her diet is mainly vegetarian and looked like it could used something different. But it's also a good side dish to whatever meat you want to eat.

Saint Patrick
12-30-2002, 01:59 AM
just add some Chicken Breast to that and I'm all set!

Franjipani
03-02-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by xraygirl
I mainly posted this for Franjipani's benefit. Her diet is mainly vegetarian and looked like it could used something different.

Ahhh bless Xray, you a sweetie;)

I do something similar but the mushrooms are great addition....thanks for the tip:D.

Its what I call my STIR FRY GREENS.. I use any greens or veges i have in the fridge really. Use in as much quantity you want but generous proportions as once stir-fryed.....seems to shrink dramatically....here goes...

Bok Choy
Capsicum
Zuchini
Peas
Beans

The idea is to heat the pan REALLY HOT using sesame or olive oil then chuck in your veges and stir for 2 to 3 mins....this way the veges are really crispy on the outside and not overdone. I use my magic ingredient which is HERBAMARE - Organic herb seasoning salt by A. Vogel (pick up in any supermarket) and its super scrumptious...

**Feel free to add some pine nuts or sunflower seeds to add additional flavour :D