PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilder, who tried the ketogenic diet

Thorus
12-31-2002, 03:09 PM
Hi,

I´m looking for athletes who tried this diet for longer than half a year!

How were the results?

And how did you do it?

Thanks for your answer!

Greets,
Thorus

Titan
12-31-2002, 08:51 PM
Why would you stay on a keto diet for longer than half a year? It is a quick cutting diet, and it should make you very lean in a short ammount of time (much less than 1/2 a year).

Ninja
01-01-2003, 12:00 AM
so far i have lost 15 pounds on it in 2 1/4 month

Thorus
01-01-2003, 05:29 AM
Hi Titan,

first I want to stay in shape all the time and it´s for me the easiest way to feel good and keep a low percentage of bodyfat.
But the most important thing for me is to feel good.

@ Ninja,

do you have pics?

Greets,
Thorus

Shao-LiN
01-01-2003, 11:30 AM
You won't have all that much energy for work outs if that's what you mean.

Anyway, how big are you that you need to stay on a keto for that long?

Tiare
01-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Dang, 1/2 a year sounds like a heck of a long time to be in ketosis! Especially if you enjoy anaerobic exercises like lifting or running.

Ninja
01-02-2003, 12:24 PM
i have pics if u wann see them email me at jrjamm14@hotmail.com

Thorus
01-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Hi,

I did this diet about four months and it was easy to get in shape. I lost 20 pounds in this time. Only the last six pounds were hard, but at this time I was in contest shape.

My goal is to keep a low percentage year round! and ketogenic is the easiest way for me.

Ketogenic does not mean that you are in ketosis all the time. I eat lots of protein and I take two carbing meals every fifth day after my workout, so ketosis for me is not necessary. The main thing is that I feel good with this diet. And I ever had lots of energy during my workout.

thats me:

Thorus
01-03-2003, 01:58 AM
thats me before the ketogenic diet

Greets,
Thorus

stantheman
01-03-2003, 07:04 AM
Damn!

big calvin
01-03-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by stantheman
Damn!

ditto!

jds22
01-03-2003, 08:20 AM
My mind is made up.

Jerry

mr_hand
01-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey Thorus, looking good my man!! What did you diet look like?

Thorus
01-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi mr_hand,

I ate about 250 protein, 100g fat and a minimum of carbs per day. The carbs were from salad. Most of the fats were from flaxed oils.
I took supps and vitamins too!

Here is another pic.

Greets,
Thorus

roarke
01-03-2003, 05:43 PM
Lots of my clients are on a ketogenic diet year round. There is nothing wrong with it concerning health effects. However as weight loss subsides, carbs can be gradually introduced.

Thorus
01-04-2003, 02:36 AM
Hi roarke,

show us before and after pics from your clients!

Greets,
Thorus

Lettuce Face
01-04-2003, 02:50 AM
I like the pants in the first pick better.

Raildog
01-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Thorus,

First off great job on getting lean, that takes a lot of mental discipline.

Also you gave a calorie breakdown ratio, if you have time can you describe a typical meal plan?

I'm more like your before photo or a little heavier but my main goal is to achieve that lean look.

Raildog

FrusWeighted
01-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Please tell me you didn't use steroids. Was that CKD diet and training really enough to get in that kind of shape?

FrusWeighted
01-13-2003, 08:16 AM
I'm replying to this thread again so it can get to the top of the page so people can see it and perhaps answer my question...

Thorus... great results, but be honest... did you use steroids?

Because people always claim great results consisting of half truths, and any time somebody gets spectacular results from something, and then I find out that steroids were involved, after that every word out of their mouth becomes a "turd falling into my drink". They always seem to leave that part out.

So tell me, man... were steroids involved in your great CKD results? Or is there really hope of attaining such great development and leaness drug free?

Bigmofo
01-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by FrusWeighted
I'm replying to this thread again so it can get to the top of the page so people can see it and perhaps answer my question...

Thorus... great results, but be honest... did you use steroids?

Because people always claim great results consisting of half truths, and any time somebody gets spectacular results from something, and then I find out that steroids were involved, after that every word out of their mouth becomes a "turd falling into my drink". They always seem to leave that part out.

So tell me, man... were steroids involved in your great CKD results? Or is there really hope of attaining such great development and leaness drug free?

Could you sound a little bit more jealous?? :rolleyes: Who care if he juiced or not? You dont get to look like that just juicing...get a life.

Stray
01-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Great results!

I would be interested in how you split up your workouts throughout the week.. ..

Tiare
01-14-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm curious Thorus, why did you start a thread to ask other people how well the diet worked for them for extended periods if you've cut as well as you did on it? Obviously you don't need to cut much more unless you really want to lose some muscle.

You were on the diet for 4 months and did very well in cutting. Now you want to bulk on a keto diet?

anyway, try http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4446&highlight=keto%2A+AND+bulk

FrusWeighted
01-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Bigmofo,

Don't be a jerkoff. I don't recall summoning you.

The reason I asked what I asked is because if this dude is claiming "CKD" for his results, then I wanna know if CKD is what was actually used. Steroids ruins the equation. I'm here to get info, not to be bullsh*tted. Next time, keep your cake-hole shut.

Relentless
01-15-2003, 02:07 PM
play nice boys