PDA

View Full Version : oranges and cutting

bbbd
01-01-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm about to start cutting and I really like to eat oranges(today I ate 5). I know they have no fat but they do have some carbs and sugar. I want to limit my carbs and sugar intake. Isn't the sugar and carbs in oranges different from the sugar (in candy) and the carbs(in bread) since its natural? Is it okay to still have some oranges while I'm cutting?

AstronautJones
01-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Oranges would probably be fine, since they are low-glycemic, and are a relatively good source of 'wet carbs', AFAIK.

bradley
01-02-2003, 03:58 AM
Yeah oranges contain fructose which is the sugar found in fruits. Oranges are ok but you might have to cut down on the number you eat as your bf decreases.

bbbd
01-02-2003, 07:00 AM
How many oranges would you say is ok to eat per day?

bradley
01-02-2003, 09:12 AM
I don't really know. I guess it depends on the person and their stats and goals. 2 or 3 oranges a day would be fine IMO.

AJ_11
01-02-2003, 10:01 AM
depends on waht you are eating the rest of the day. Count them toward your daily cal. count and you'll be ok. Oranges are a good source of Vit C and dietary fibre. Oranges are better than orange juice as well. Don't worry too much about the carb count when cutting more so about the total number of cals that you are eating throughout the day.