PDA

View Full Version : Counting Calories

Bryan
01-01-2003, 10:52 PM
Well I'm made alot of progress over the last few months but I think its time I turn to the darkside..yes.. Counting Calories!

Ok, How do you guys get the calories and macro breakdowns for everything you eat? Also does anyone have some suggestions on how to get started? I figured I'd write things down as I eat them for a week. Then workout a new diet(cutting) from there.

:eek:

YellowJacket
01-02-2003, 12:21 AM
www.fitday.com is good for free, but I have this kick ass software I use at work to help my clients and I usually use it for myself too.....

Bryan
01-02-2003, 12:47 AM
whats the software called? How much is it?

AstronautJones
01-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by YellowJacket
www.fitday.com is good for free

:withstupi

Bryan
01-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Yah I saw that but what if somebody doesnt have the internet all week long?

bradley
01-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Just run down to the local bookstore and get a book with the calorie counts in it. Just make sure that is has p/c/f because some only have calories and not the macrobreakdown.

Like you said, just write everything down and use the calorie count book to log in the calories and macrobreakdown and devise a cutting diet using your diet log.

Blood&Iron
01-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Bryan
Yah I saw that but what if somebody doesnt have the internet all week long?
'The Complete Book of Food Counts' by Corinne T. Netzer

Max-Mex
01-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Bryan
whats the software called? How much is it?

When I was cutting I was using the progam called Diet Power. Had tons of food listed. All you had to do was weigh it and enter portion in. It counted everything else for you. If you have a packged food, say like some kind of breakfast cereal, you can enter the information manually. It's great because all I did was prep my food enter all the info into the Diet power and I knew exactly how many calories I will have for the day.

It also has a section on calories burned for exercise. Not sure how accurate it is but if you're into that, it's a good thing to know. The program is a bit pricey but I felt it was worth it. I plan to use it again when I cut this April.

Y2A
01-02-2003, 12:44 PM
If you have microsoft excel, you can enter the info into that and track it. Its probably not as easy as fitday, but it works.

Early Riser
01-02-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm using a piece of software called nutribase. I think the website is nutribase.com. They have several versions - I think the one I'm using cost me $30 or something like that. Easy to use - I have it installed on my home pc and my office pc too.

ChuckieT
01-02-2003, 01:35 PM
I just use a simple Excel spreadsheet for my purposes and rely on websites like www.calorieking.com for calorie counts and macro counts.

thatdaveguy
01-05-2003, 02:24 AM
I have a excell spreadsheet that I created for counting my own calories. It is easy to use, counts total protine, carbs, fat for the day. There is a list of foods I commonly eat on there and all I have do to is cut and paste that into the area that tabulates the totals. if you want me to email a copy of the file to you just email me and please put "calorie counter" in the subject line or else I may think it is spam!

that_dave_guy@attbi.com

dave