PDA

View Full Version : I need a food routine

tallnslim
01-02-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm 6'4", I weigh 160, and I've been lifting for a year and a half now. I gained 20 lbs, but I can't gain any more. I figure it's probably because I don't have any set eating routine, or maybe just not eating enough at all. Can anyone tell me what I should eat for my size (I wanna be 190, but I'm aiming for 180 in the next couple of months).

AstronautJones
01-02-2003, 09:51 PM
I think you use 18-20 times your bodyweight if you are bulking. This gives you a pretty good idea of what your calories should look like for the day. So in your case you should be eating around 3200 calories per day. More wouldn't hurt though. :)

tallnslim
01-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks. What do you think I should eat, though?

tallnskinny
01-02-2003, 10:20 PM
to bulk u should eat the following; whole eggs, milk, chicken, beef, oats, whole grain bread, fish etc eat 6 meals a day.

about a year and a half ago i was in a similar position as u are now. actually i was lighter than u are : 6'1 at 140lbs. eating the above foods helped me add a lot of mass.

bradley
01-03-2003, 03:55 AM
Try keeping a food log or get an account at www.fitday.com. Like you said if you are not gaining you probably aren't eating enough. Multiply your bw*18 and that will give you a rough estimate of daily calories for the day. If you are not gaining from this amount then increase the cals until you are gaining about a pound a week. Spread your daily caloric intake over 5-6 meals and protien shake with simple carbs would help with recovery after your training sessions but is not a neccessity.