PDA

View Full Version : Try #2.

Yaz
07-15-2001, 09:36 PM
Ok. This is my second shot at a diet which will use less powder and more food. Trying to get to 6%, as you know... SO HELP!#%!%!#^ :D

-

Meal 1 - 7:00a

4 Hydroxycut
Centrum Multivitamin
5g L-Glutamine
1/2 Cup Oats - 150 Calories, 3g Fat, 27g Carbohydrates, 5g Protein
1 Tbsp. Natural PB - 100 Calories, 8g Fat, 3g Carbohydrates, 3g Protein
8 Egg Whites - 133 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 28g Protein

Meal 2 - 9:30a

4 Oz. Chicken Breast - 125 Calories, 4g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 23g Protein
1 Cup Green Beans - 40 Calories, 0g Fat, 8g Carbohydrates, 2g Protein

Meal 3 - 12:00p

4 Hydroxycut
1 Can Tuna - 175 Calories, 2.5g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 37.5g Protein

Meal 4 - 3:00p

1 Apple, Raw, Skin - 124 Calories, 0g Fat, 32g Carbohydrates, 0g Protein
1/2 Can Tuna - 87.5 Calories, 1.2g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 19g Protein

* 4:00pm - Train, 4 Hydroxycut *

Meal 5 - 5:00pm (Post Training)

1 Scoop Zero Carb Isopure - 100 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 25g Protein
1 Scoop Glycemet - 10 Calories, 0g Fat, 1g Malto, N/A Fiber Carbohydrates, 0g Protein
5g L-Glutamine

Meal 6 - 7:00pm

4 Oz. Chicken Breast - 125 Calories, 4g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 23g Protein
1 Celery Stick - N/A

Meal 7 - 9:00pm

1/2 Can Tuna - 87.5 Calories, 1.2g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 19g Protein
1 Celery Stick - N/A
1 Tsp. Flax Oil - 45 Calories, 4.5g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 0g Protein
ZMA

-

Calories - ~1700
Carbohydrates - 127g (508 Calories)
Fats - 42g (378 Calories)
Protein - 198g (792 Calories)

07-16-2001, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Yaz

Meal 1 - 7:00a

4 Hydroxycut
Centrum Multivitamin
5g L-Glutamine
8 Egg Whites - 133 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Carbohydrates, 28g Protein

Centrum are for girls. :o

Alex.V
07-16-2001, 08:16 AM
Why you taking the glycemet after training? Its purpose is to moderate the insulin response to carbs (Chromium, ALA, and lots of fiber)

I'd also say you still need some post-training carbs... Your after training meal is a little light for my taste... I realize you want to cut, but still, that wouldn't be how I'd go about it.

Yaz
07-16-2001, 08:37 AM
There is Centrum for Men, you fooker.

And Belial, alright. But a source for post workout, is my problem here. I cannot seem to find anything decent. Would 33g of Dextrose be too much, you think? :confused:

Alex.V
07-16-2001, 08:40 AM
I don't think so. Depends how sure you are of your calorie intake...

If you don't want the dextrose, even a damn slice of plain white bread may be enough...you know? Just to get SOMETHING carby in your system.

Yaz
07-16-2001, 08:42 AM
Alright. What I may do is (For now) just suffice it with the white bread. Then I may go buy some dextrose and mix my own said amount.

So I should relocate the Glycemet. To where? ALA is good for post workout, I thought. Problem with the dextrose is, I've gotta be under 1800 calories to get down any more BF. With the 33g, that is pushing the limit. tuttut

Tryska
07-16-2001, 08:42 AM
why not skim milk?

Yaz
07-16-2001, 08:44 AM
Lactose isn't really the greatest carb source... Not to mention the bloat. And having one glass already in the day, will kill my cuts. :D

Tryska
07-16-2001, 08:46 AM
okay...works for me...*lol*

Yaz
07-16-2001, 09:40 AM
Ok. We're going with white bread.

Also putting Glycemet in my first meal of the day, gracias Belial. Bumps my calories up a bit, but that's ... going to have to work for now. I'll just run harder. :D

the doc
07-16-2001, 10:34 AM
why do you need carbs right after workout? I understand for maximum growth and during a bulking phase this is desired, but i would argue that consumption of carbs after your workout will only take you out of the fat burning process and hinder fat loss. For resting muscle, ketone bodies (acetylCoA) are the preferred fuel so take advantage of that fact.
Protein yes, one must preserve the muscle tissue from catabolism, and a little fat wouldn't hurt. Fat burning is regulated by the concentration of the substrate (fat) so this wouldn't be a bad time to take a tablespoon of flax oil.

You eat plenty of carbs over the day to replenish glycogen so why take yourself out of a fat burning state.

just a thought

Yaz
07-16-2001, 10:53 AM
:confused:

The fat burning process. Then this does not apply to days when I hit the weights only, correct?

If this does indeed work and will not cause further catabolism, it could be a great opportunity to use for both fat burning and cycling carbohydrates, seeing as every other day I do my cardio.

heathj
07-16-2001, 11:32 AM
Why are you only taking 8 hydroxycut? You did it in the past and they suggest taking 12 per day once your on your third week? Is there a reason or are you just dumb? :p Remember to take it 30 minutes before you eat.

Alex.V
07-16-2001, 11:40 AM
Actually, AcetylCoA itself is a lot of things, and only one of its functions is as a ketone precursor. ;)

Post-workout, muscles are not "resting", they are actively being catabolized. The "fat burning state" that you go into after lifting is negligible; what is important is that your muscles have been burning glycogen for the duration of your workout, and your body is begging to re-stock the muscles.

Insulin is anti-catabolic. Post-lifting (glycogen depleted) while on low calories is the most catabolic situation you can be in.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Yaz
07-16-2001, 11:44 AM
"Or are you just dumb"

Take a closer look in my diet heath. Illiterate? :D

heathj
07-16-2001, 12:30 PM
It was hidden :p

the doc
07-16-2001, 12:37 PM
belial said,;)

"Actually, AcetylCoA itself is a lot of things, and only one of its functions is as a ketone precursor. "
**** I am confused by this statement. AcetylCoA is one compound, yes it can be used for many things but in this context it is relevant as the product of thiolysis of ketone bodies or beta-oxidation of fatty acids***

Post-workout, muscles are not "resting", they are actively being catabolized.
***that is why protein is essential during this period. They are also resting. Whenever a muscle is not contracting and using glycolysis it is at rest. The preferred fuel in this state are fatty acids/ketones/acetylCoA (i say all of these as they are heavily related in the metabolic cycle). ***

The "fat burning state" that you go into after lifting is negligible; what is important is that your muscles have been burning glycogen for the duration of your workout, and your body is begging to re-stock the muscles.
*** when your trying to reach 6% i would have to say that this is not neglible- every little bit counts. That is why protein consumption is necessary, the aminos from your isopure protein will be used to replace glycogen via gluconeogenesis****

Insulin is anti-catabolic. Post-lifting (glycogen depleted) while on low calories is the most catabolic situation you can be in.
*** i agree, however, insulin is anabolic and very lipogenic and yaz is wanting to cut. Any lipogenesis will be counter productive. Consumption of protein will help to alleviate catabolism of muscle tissue***

why not try some cycling? It sounds like a good idea!

Alex.V
07-16-2001, 01:06 PM
**** I am confused by this statement. AcetylCoA is one compound, yes it can be used for many things but in this context it is relevant as the product of thiolysis of ketone bodies or beta-oxidation of fatty acids***

Ah, I should have said, serves a lot of purposes. The way you phrased it originally implied that AcetylCoA was a ketone body itself.

***that is why protein is essential during this period. They are also resting. Whenever a muscle is not contracting and using glycolysis it is at rest. The preferred fuel in this state are fatty acids/ketones/acetylCoA (i say all of these as they are heavily related in the metabolic cycle). ***

Yes, but directly after training, there is the additional issue of muscles seeking to replenish their glycogen supply, as well as begin the process of repair and growth. Muscle at rest requires fatty acids, but the requirements of a recently stressed (and depleted) muscle are slightly different.

*** when your trying to reach 6% i would have to say that this is not neglible- every little bit counts. That is why protein consumption is necessary, the aminos from your isopure protein will be used to replace glycogen via gluconeogenesis**** i agree, however, insulin is anabolic and very lipogenic and yaz is wanting to cut. Any lipogenesis will be counter productive. Consumption of protein will help to alleviate catabolism of muscle tissue***

Well, why not use glucose to replenish the glycogen? Insulin release while glycogen is depleted may halt immediate fat burning, but chances are lipogenesis won't occur with already low calories and muscles in a depleted state.

I guess it's a difference of opinion. I'd rather have the real weight-loss be occuring at different points of the day (FFAs being utilized by muscles), and ensure that the time around my workout was still tailored to absolutely minimize catabolism. After cardio may be another matter.

Whatever. :)

the doc
07-16-2001, 01:12 PM
agreed, whatever;)

Yaz
07-16-2001, 01:34 PM
................ Don't leave me here like this! :eek:

Yaz
07-16-2001, 03:05 PM
Oh you guys are freaks!

Until I get a straight answer, I am going to run, wait 20 minutes... then eat my high GI carbs. :D

Wizard
07-16-2001, 03:09 PM
tuttut stay away from high gi carbs!!
Actually the worst thing when insulin levels are high is that you retain a hell of water,and you suppose it's fat..That drives me crazy :eek:

IceRgrrl
07-16-2001, 03:15 PM
Yaz, does taking Hydroxycut at 4:00 pm impact your sleep at all?

kAto
07-16-2001, 04:34 PM
i was under the impression that you were on the CKD, did it not work for you?

Cackerot69
07-16-2001, 05:28 PM
Belial shows a small glimpse into his geniushood...

Yaz
07-16-2001, 07:36 PM
Kato, I'm fookin down to 8%. And ya, I was doing CKD. It did a good job too. But going down to 6% on a CKD is not the way I wanna get there.

IceRgrrl, naah... it doesn't affect me at all. I'm out with ZMA and Melatonin. Esp. when dieting.

-

And Blackalpha, what do you propose I refuel glycogen stores with post workout when catabolism and caloric defecit is going insane on my body? I need a quick fix, and high GI carbs get them refueled fast.

the doc
07-16-2001, 07:59 PM
IMHO, because you want get to 6% you must take more extreme measures. Taking a low gi food (that is starchy) will accomplish 3 things, 1)give a moderated insulin response, 2) replenish muscle glycogen preferentially and 3) keep fat synthesis and accumulation to a minimum. I agree w/ belial to an extent, but there is no overcoming the fact that insulin is the main hormone controlling triglyceride (fat) synthesis in the liver from acetylCoA. A sharp insulin spike kicks this machinery into high gear because that is part of the anabolic state it induces.

Dont worry about the catabolism, your protein intake, if constant over the day will keep it to a minimum. You seem to be eating plenty of it. If you want carbs, eat some beans, lentils, barley, or kashi. I would also avoid table sugar (sucrose) at all costs.

Alex.V
07-16-2001, 08:08 PM
Also, try sprinkling some DNP on top of your oatmeal.

the doc
07-16-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Belial
Also, try sprinkling some DNP on top of your oatmeal.

what is this??? DNP?

Yaz
07-16-2001, 08:22 PM
bahahahaha

Alex.V
07-16-2001, 08:27 PM
Breakfast of champeeins.

the doc
07-16-2001, 08:43 PM
http://www.roid.com/dnp.htm

now that was an interesting read. I'd say that would get the job done. bahahah

i couldn't imagine sweating and panting while sitting on my couch... lol!

heathj
07-16-2001, 09:08 PM
IceRgrrl: I was taking hydroxycut around 7-8 pm and it didn't affect my sleep.

Cackerot69
07-16-2001, 09:34 PM
I took dymetadrine last year and it must still be effecting my sleep dammit...

YatesNightBlade
07-17-2001, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by the doc

i couldn't imagine sweating and panting while sitting on my couch... lol!

I got some videos that will get you doing that. ;)

Yaz. Diet looks good. I would still have some simple sugars after your workout. Dextrose/Glucose. This will help prevent muscle breakdown post workout as well as refueling depleted glycogen stores. But if your worried about the simple carbs ..... take in some white rice instead.

Alex.V
07-17-2001, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by YatesNightBlade

I got some videos that will get you doing that. ;)

Yaz. Diet looks good. I would still have some simple sugars after your workout. Dextrose/Glucose. This will help prevent muscle breakdown post workout as well as refueling depleted glycogen stores. But if your worried about the simple carbs ..... take in some white rice instead.

:D

IceRgrrl
07-17-2001, 07:31 AM
Hmmm...maybe it's just me. Sounds like most of you don't have a problem w/ ECA and sleep.

I can get to sleep, but it's shallow. I wake up many times in the night and have trouble getting back to sleep...even if I take my last dose at 1:00 pm.

ElPietro
07-17-2001, 08:50 AM
Just curious, but why the obsession of getting your bf% down to such a low level. Is that even healthy? Unless you are prepping for a comp I don't understand why you have such a goal.

Yaz
07-17-2001, 11:05 AM
The challenge, and test of will. Besides, an 8-pack would look sweet. Especially since not a full year ago I had a keg. :D