PDA

View Full Version : Stopped my morning protein shake-lost BF BANANAS???

vanfreak
01-04-2003, 02:58 AM
Hi everyone!
Hope everybody enjoyed the Holidays..now lets get to work!!!
I have an interesting question and advice needed..
I recently stopped doing my morning eggy bomba[ half cup egg whites, half cup soy milk with banana] in the morning and noticed that I lost a lot of my bodyfat-I'm looking much more cut and muscles looking better..and I have not exactly been eating the best over the holidays[Panettone with butter every morning]which is even more of a mystery...
my question is I thought protein was supposed to help me lose weight-or is it the banana that was adding unecessary sugar?
each morning I would also have a peanut butter granola bar...
should I stick to just egg white and soy by itself with granola bar [or oatmeal]or add something else..?
any advice ?
Thanks!

bradley
01-04-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by vanfreak
my question is I thought protein was supposed to help me lose weight-or is it the banana that was adding unecessary sugar?

Whether you are in a caloric deficit or caloric surplus determines whether or not you will lose or gain weight. With that being said determine your daily calories and continue to decrease daily calories in small increments each week until you are losing approx a pound a week.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Could be retaining less subcutaneous water since you dropped the egg whites (they have sodium) meaning more definition, but i dunno why you lost "a lot" of bodyfat. The banana also has potassium which may help counteract some of the effects of the sodium but i dunno to what extent.

Doesn't sound like you reduced a significant amount of calories either.

Anyhoo, have you been eating well over maintenance calories each day?

It may be a leptin-related issue, but i really don't know.

When things like this happen, you just need to accept them and like it ;)