PDA

View Full Version : Cutting plan..ideas?

Bryan
01-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Well I'm going to start cutting in Feb like I said earlier. Here's my game plan.

First month im going to reduce the carbs a bit and add some cardio to my routine, then a mouth or two down the road I'll do morning cardio and add BCAAs and ECA to my cutting diet and reduce the carbs a bit more.

Suggestions?

Behemoth
01-04-2003, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't drop too many carbs and do cardio. I don't know how low your going to go with them, but I tried that once and found I very quickly catabolized!:eek:

Bryan
01-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Slowly decrease carbs and introduce cardio to my routine over 2-3 months

AJ_11
01-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Bryan
Slowly decrease carbs and introduce cardio to my routine over 2-3 months

Instead of decreasing carbs why don't you just cut overall cals. Just a thought.

bradley
01-04-2003, 05:00 PM
I would cut cals first and then if weight loss stagnates add in cardio. I would only change one variable at a time and that way you will not lose too much at once which could result in LBM losses.

AJ_11
01-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by bradley
I would cut cals first and then if weight loss stagnates add in cardio. I would only change one variable at a time and that way you will not lose too much at once which could result in LBM losses.

I personally have done cardio ever since I started training. I now do it on seperate days. I prefer to do cardio over cutting out cals, but it is definately personal choice. But bradley is correct by saying not to do too much too fast. If you want cardio then don't cut you cals too much at the begining.

Bryan
01-04-2003, 08:14 PM
I want to do cardio, I :confused: LIKE :confused: cardio, yes I'm a freak lol. I like doing cardio because it keeps me in shape so I can still school my brother in hockey and soccer :D

bradley
01-05-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Bryan
I want to do cardio, I :confused: LIKE :confused: cardio, yes I'm a freak lol. I like doing cardio because it keeps me in shape so I can still school my brother in hockey and soccer :D

If you want to do cardio that is fine, but keep your cals at the level they are currently. I am just saying don't change two things at once. Either alter your calorie intake or add in cardio. See how much weight you are losing each week with the added cardio and then you can begin cutting cals gradually. Just take it one step at a time instead jumping head first into a high calorie deficit which would most likely result in LBM losses.

Focused
01-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by bradley

If you want to do cardio that is fine, but keep your cals at the level they are currently. I am just saying don't change two things at once. Either alter your calorie intake or add in cardio. See how much weight you are losing each week with the added cardio and then you can begin cutting cals gradually. Just take it one step at a time instead jumping head first into a high calorie deficit which would most likely result in LBM losses.

what is lbm?

N4cer
01-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Lean Body Mass