PDA

View Full Version : Snacks that I can store at work!!!

WANNALOOSE_W8
01-07-2003, 09:47 AM
I was wondering if there is any snacks that i can store at work in my desk Non perisable other than tuna (already have stored)

I purchase Oatmeal and Granola bars, but i need some advice on alternatives.

Soups and items like that so I can eat in between meals...your help is appreciated.

Bam Bam
01-07-2003, 09:55 AM
nuts

WANNALOOSE_W8
01-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks,

I am just wrote that down on my list. Unsalted of course.

AstronautJones
01-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Maybe Promax bars? They taste great by the way.

Berserker
01-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Buy a dehyrator and do jerky. I bought one of the jerky guns which you use burger. Works great 3lbs in about 20 minutes. Cheaper and quicker then cutting steak, not quite as good.

WANNALOOSE_W8
01-09-2003, 09:02 AM
dehydrator sounds good. I think my aunt has one that is not in use.

Any packaged items? I bought a bunch of lipton cup of soups to fill in some empty voids. I am in dire need of something between meals.

Thanks

steveo
01-09-2003, 10:11 AM
I have problems with getting all my meals in at work. I sometimes work 5-6 hours straight. So I take a couple Myoplex Meal Replacement Bars (Chocolate.......:drooling:) and 2 QT. water bottle and keep them under the desk and that way I don't miss meal.

GIS
01-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Jerkey, nuts, and meal replacement bars are all the best ideas but make sure you pack away quite a bit of water. All of those will dehydrate you in no time.

I'd also reccomend buying one of those lunch bags that you put a freezer pack in. Then you can put tuna sandwiches and really anything else you can think of in it. Heck, you can get away with not refridgerating sandwiches for the day anyway.

Cook pasta and a chicken breast and put it in a sealable tupperware meal dish (the ones for actual meals that you eat right out of).

If you bring something that is cooked it's not like it'll make you sick if it sits there for a few hours.