PDA

View Full Version : The End of the Beginning

GIS
01-08-2003, 07:10 PM
“People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.”

~Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin

Well, it's 2003 and it is time to put the learning phase of my training behind me and take things seriously.

I have taken lifting seriously in the past, but it hasn't been until recently that I've established a solid foundation of knowledge in both diet and training.

Now, those experienced folks who know of my test with 1-AD will say I tried it too soon and should have waited until I had more experience under my belt, but I have lifted for 2 years now and I felt it was what I needed to move to the next level. This turned out to be a very good decision on my part.

1-AD helped me focus in on what is needed in terms of focus and commitment while helping add 10 pounds. Granted some of that was fat, but my strength had a substantial boost and it gave me the mental confidence to break out of my fear of squats, dead lifts, and heavy bench. Don't expect the stuff to add gobs of mass, but mentally it has its advantages and it did increase my strength levels.

"The end of the Beginning" refers to this movement away from simply learning to concentrating on going into the gym, mentally focusing on the weight at hand, and pushing/pulling iron like a madman.

I have not updated my 1-AD journal lately but that is in part due to the holidays and the inability to record my diet and training. I will post after pics later because I am currently taking 6-oxo while coming off of my 1-AD cycle. Some would have taken their pictures at the conclusion of the 1-AD, but I feel that to get a true reflection of any progress one must wait until after the 6-oxo (should it be taken). 1-AD causes water retention and a larger pump of the muscles, so I want to record my progress once these factors are less substantial.

GIS
01-08-2003, 11:44 PM
My diet from the last couple of days. My goal is 3,500 calories and 300g protein.

12/6
3,380 calories/ 300g protein

12/7
3.570 calories/ 313g protein

*I'll try to keep my eating schedule similar to what helped me reach these totals.

ROUTINE

MONDAY
Chest/Forearms

TUESDAY
Rest

WEDNESDAY
Back/Hams

THURSDAY
Rest

FRIDAY
Arms/Shoulders (Curl Jockey day!!)

SATURDAY
Rest

SUNDAY
Quads(+squats)/Calves

Being in school it shouldn't be hard to keep to this routine. I used to do 5 days a week but I'm going to scale it back a bit. Obviously I'm going to work everything hard but my legs and arms are lacking the most.

Doh! I forgot to include my goals. My goals for the year are to weigh 210 pounds at 8-10% bodyfat. This is going to be a challenge because I'm currently at 190 pounds @12-14% but I have a fast metabolism and the 40 pounds I've gained in a little over 2 years has mainly been without squats, deadlifts, or really anything all that heavy. I also want to join the 1,000 pound club with a squat/bench/deadlift split.

GIS
01-08-2003, 11:53 PM
12/8 Workout

BACK

Bent over BB rows
155x8 175x8 185x8

HS Front Pulldowns
135x 6 125x6 115x4

Deads
225x8 275x6 315x4 225x8

Seated Cable Row
200x6 180x8

*My lower back is still tender but I've decided to work through the pain. It's not skeletal nor the disks... I think it's just inflamed ligs from not being used to doing dead lifts. I'll monitor it but do plan on going heavy.

A funny thing happened today. I was sitting in my econ 300 class and this strange feeling rushed over my body. Realizing there were no cute girls in my class that could have caused this, the demon that caused it became evident. I WAS LEARNING SOMETHING!!! AND I ENJOYED IT!!! Usually I never pay attention in class but the economic theory we were covering was kind of, do I dare say, enlightening?!

Lettuce Face
01-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by GIS
I WAS LEARNING SOMETHING!!! AND I ENJOYED IT!!! Usually I never pay attention in class but the economic theory we were covering was kind of, do I dare say, enlightening?!

I hope that one day I can learn something...:)

...but that day will probably never come. :cry:

GIS
01-09-2003, 12:55 AM
Today I tried to put on a pair of underwear.

Big whooptydo, huh.

Well, the exciting thing is (get your mind out of the gutter) the legs of my boxers were unusually tight around my thigh! My legs are growing!

Just thought I'd share. :D

WillKuenzel
01-09-2003, 12:58 AM
For grins and giggles

:spam:

I like that quote by Szasz. Very true.

Nice split btw. I'm almost tempted to try that but I tend to vegitate on the weekends and just can't get motivated to do anything on sunday's.

3.570 calories/ 313g protein*lol* I don't think almost 4 calories is enough. Just messing. Do you take any weight gainer or is that all real food?

GIS
01-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
For grins and giggles

:spam:

I like that quote by Szasz. Very true.

Nice split btw. I'm almost tempted to try that but I tend to vegitate on the weekends and just can't get motivated to do anything on sunday's.

*lol* I don't think almost 4 calories is enough. Just messing. Do you take any weight gainer or is that all real food?

Hehe... yeah, I was thinking about 4 calories but decided I'd like to cut a little before bulking again. For some reason I was unsually light headed and hallucinated about smurfs all day...

I take in about 1,000 from weight gainers and the rest from food.

GIS
01-10-2003, 11:24 PM
12/10- Arms/Shoulders

--------------------
Preacher curl- 75x8
Cable Straight bar curl- 90x8
Curl-Grip chins- 6

2 min rest

Preacher curl- 65x8
Cable Straight bar curl- 90x8
Curl-grip chins- 6

Negative BB curl (6 second drop)- 50x6
--------------------

Close Grip Bench- 135x8
Cable Press- 135x8
Hammer Strength Dips- 90x8

2 min rest

Close Grip Bench- 135x8
Cable Press- 135x8
Hammer Strength Dips- 70x12

Cable pressdown- 75x7
---------------------

Shoulders

Rear BB military press
155x8 175x3 135x6(slow, deep, and didn't lock out at top)

Lat raise machine
12x8 8x8(1 arm at a time) 13x4

Upright rows
95x8
----------------------

*My military press felt great and I'm trying the bi/tri workout that Mr. Mason has listed in one of his articles on WBB.

Not much happened today other than my toilet clogging, which was, well, sh*tty. As for diet, I'm looking at about 3,500 calories and 330g protein today after my subway and bedtime protein shake. I'm thinking that protein number is getting kinda high so I'll aim lower in future days. I don't really want to exceed 300g.

EdgarMex
01-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Workout looked good :thumbup: How long are you going to be doing this arm routine and what kind of results do you expect from it?

GIS
01-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by EdgarMex
Workout looked good :thumbup: How long are you going to be doing this arm routine and what kind of results do you expect from it?

I'll do this routine for a month or so, and have no idea what to expect. I think after that month I'm just going to not train arms alltogether and focus on weighted dips and weighted chins. The day after my tris are mayble a little bit sore but I don't feel anything in my biceps... which might be a good thing. While DOMS arn't necessarily an indication of growth, my bis used to be raw the day after a workout, and quite possibly overtrained.

I'll take any arm growth that I can at this point. If I wear a long sleeved shirt rolled up to my elbows people say I'm pretty damn big. If I wear a tshirt with mid arm sleeves they don't say anything. My torso has decent size, but my arms are deffinatly lagging.

It's those goddamn ape arms of mine.

GIS
01-12-2003, 05:43 PM
12/12- Legs

QUADS
Parallel squat
185x8 205x6 225x6 135x6(2 sec pause)

Hack Squats
140x6 160x6 180x4

Leg Extension
75x8 90x8 105x8 210x8 *First 3 sets were 1 leg at a time

Slow Front Squats
145x8

CALVES
Standing Smith Raises
270x10 250x10 23010 180x10(slow reps)

Seated Rotary Calve presses
170x12 190x12 170x15

*This was the best leg workout I've ever done in my life that included squats. I was happy with 225x6 and I could have both increased the weight by quite a bit more and done more reps, but I'm taking one thing at a time with squats by building a solid foundation with my ligs, back, and stabalizing muscles considering this is only like the 5th workout in my life that I've done the exercise. The hack sled is considerably more difficult at my school's gym (where I do legs because they have a power rack) than my other gym.

I also found a use for that goofy looking machine that thinks it's a power rack! Standing smith calve raises with using a block of wood for a larger range of motion made my calves scream.

Diet hasen't been the best in the past couple days but ah well.

Oh yeah. As for my routine I'm now going to do calves/quads on Sunday and back/hams on Wednesday. I realized that on Sunday I mainly do quad exercises aside from squats so in order to hit my hams I'll do them after deads when they're being worked anyway.

GIS
01-13-2003, 09:45 PM
12/13- Chest/Forearms

CHEST
Weighted Dips
+45x8 +50x6 +45x6

Incline DB Press
85x6 90x4 80x6

HS Wide Grip Press
145x8 160x5 135x6-last 2 reps 4 sec. negative (weight listed is for one arm)

FOREARMS
Reverse Curls
65x8 75x6 70x6

Behind Back BB curls
135x8 125x10 115x12 95x12

BB Flat Wrist Curls
60x12 60x10 60x12

*First time doing weighted dips and I like how they felt- painfull! My chest was raw after doing them, particularly the inside. I'm also hoping these will help spark my triceps to grow. 90x4 incline DBs felt strong although it took 5 seconds to get them from my chest to the top on the first rep... hehe.

On a non-lifting note, looks like I'm going to a masquerade ball with a 5'11" model for Nordstroms and the Bon. She's certainly cute, really thin, and extremely fun. Whoo! I dunno about the as-tall-as-me girl thing, though. Ah well, who's to complain. :D

PowerManDL
01-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Don't think of her as "as tall as you." Think of her as "taller than PowerMan."

GIS
01-14-2003, 12:57 AM
Well, I have a little pondering about life that has been on my mind lately, mainly dealing with my quest for financial success.

I'm 21 years old. If you take into consideration a rough estimate in how long an individual lives in the United States, that means I am a quarter the way dead, or in more optimistic words I have 75% of my life to look forward to... or do I?

The first 25% of ones life is generally spent learning about life itself. As stated with the quote at the beginning of this journal, the self is not something one finds, it is something that is created. With this in mind, we can assume that in those 21 years (It's more like 25 years), a person essentially spends his or her time trying to create themselves through testing morals and observing life.

So, while my life is technically 25% over, I have also lost 25% of my time for directly achieving financial success. This brings me to the final 25% of my life. In the years of retirement and drooling on their shirt while confined to the restrictions of a bed or wheelchair, most couldn't care less about financial success considering success at breathing is a highly celebrated achievement. When subtracted along with the first 25% of my life, only 50% of my life is left for financial success.

Okay, so I have 50%, or half, of my life to achieve financial success that involves the ages of 22-63. This is quite a bit of time, but I'm also a family man who greatly looks forward to having a daddy's little girl and a scrapping young boy. I think the ideal age for having children is at around 30 years old, and assuming they are two years apart and need their parents full time until around the age of 18, this means the ages of 30-50 will be spent full of both joy and stress to raise my children the way I feel is best.

So, knock off 20 years out of my life that could be spent starting a business and putting forth the energy that is required for it to be greatly successful and profitable.

That leaves me with a mere 26% of my life to do this business thing. Having and raising offspring are stressful and exhausting commitments so once they do move off to college, most people lost a lot of energy for doing things like entrepreneurship. Yep, that means toss out those years between sending the children off to independence and retirement as being a very probable time when I could start a business and, like I said, put forth the energy to make it successful.

This leaves me with between the ages of 21 (present time) and 30 to come up with and implement a plan for vast financial success. 9 years to put together a plan and head my life in the direction I want it to go. Some will say that's ludicrous because of course a person can start a business at any age, especially those years when raising children, but when I have children they are going to have a father in their life who is more involved with them than a business. If something is up and running prior to having children that's fine because it's much easier to maintain a business than to start one. Not only that, but I wish to have financial success relatively early in my life. What good is $20 million at the age of 70? That buys a damn nice wheelchair but that’s about it when you rarely leave the house.

I guess where I'm leading with this is as follows:

You're never too young to think about the future. For those who are unsure with what you want to do in life, don't just say you'll get back to it some other day while playing. One year leads to the next and when you're 30 you're going to wonder where the time went while having many "I wish I woulda..." thoughts. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. This by no means applies soley to financial success... it applies to any and everything in your life. I'm 25% dead. At 42 I'll be half dead. At 80 I might very possibly BE dead. Gone. Not many people know EXACTLY what they want to do, including myself so this is not in reference to that. However, it is still important to think hard about what you want in life, and where you want to be in the future. Some people say they want to live life so they don’t have any regrets, with this usually involving playing and partying hard. Is what they don’t realize is while they might have some great memories 30 years down the road, they might also have overwhelming regrets involving those aspects of life requiring planning such as careers and families among many other things.

So what do YOU want to do with your life? It's never too early to start thinking.

WillKuenzel
01-14-2003, 01:01 AM
LOL, you worry too much. Be passionate and ambitious but still take the time to smell the flowers. Simple.

GIS
01-14-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
LOL, you worry too much. Be passionate and ambitious but still take the time to smell the flowers. Simple.

Haha... those are not words of worry... rather words of excitement. I have been inching closer to my dream of starting a business. Sure money is nice, but I've been a little entrepreneur since a little kid and I'm finally getting to go out there and pursue my dreams and passion. I smell pleanty of flowers along the way, trust me. :)

I'm in the process of starting a venture with a friend and potentially with a guy who is 25 years old and started a business that has made him worth over $20 million by 25. I envy his ambition and it's taken me my 21 years to find a couple of people who share the same vision that I do. Viva life! :D

WillKuenzel
01-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Damn, that sounds awesome man! Sounds like you've got things exactly where you want them. Congrats for knowing where you want to go. Not many do by our age. I'm 22. Good luck in your endeavors! And if you need anybody else to help you with the $20mil... :D

galileo
01-14-2003, 06:46 AM
Ugh, too much text. I'll read through it when I get the chance. Boy you like to read yourself talk, don't you? Ugh.

GIS
01-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Read yourself talk... hehe. Nah, my journal is for lifting as well as rambling, and it took maybe 5 minutes. I just typed, and it ended being kinda long.

I think I'm going to do a little cardio today and try to integrate it into my off days. I'm getting kinda fat and I want to do it for overall cardiovascular health.

BennettBoy
01-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by GIS
Today I tried to put on a pair of underwear.

Big whooptydo, huh.

Well, the exciting thing is (get your mind out of the gutter) the legs of my boxers were unusually tight around my thigh! My legs are growing!

Just thought I'd share. :D

haha.....believe it or not I relate. My boxers are all griping the heck out of my thighs now.

Even though I'm already trying to keep up with way too many journals, I think I'll add yours to my list. I'm just really impressed with the way you carry yourself and your eagerness to learn and apply those things you learn in BB and life.

Good job bro!

GIS
01-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
I'm just really impressed with the way you carry yourself and your eagerness to learn and apply those things you learn in BB and life.

Thanks Bennett. I'm not egotistical but I have an understanding about life that most people never attain. For this reason I've always felt like an outcast. Sure I've had plenty of friends, attract girls, and have enjoyed life, but at the same time I've never been comfortable around my age group. Usually the people I end up being best friends with are older than me, and when it comes to girlfriends I end up being closer to the girl's parents (usually the father) than the girl herself! It hasn't been until recently that I've felt like I've fit in, and it's been with these several budding entrepreneurs like myself.

I know what it's like to be a genius. You know... those excessively brilliant people who end up going mentally insane or are just flat out weird and can't socialize? It's because they have an understanding of things that NOBODY around them understands so it's like being secluded on a small island, only in their case they have nobody they can relate to mentally. I'm not going insane and I don't consider myself a genius, but what I've experienced is very similar to this.

It has more to do with finding somebody that has the ambition and outlook on life than the potential to attain riches. The past 6 months have been a MAJOR turning point in my life for the best, but that goes without saying there is certainly plenty of hardships and tests of my strength in the road ahead.

When friends, strangers, and interviewing employers ask me where I see myself in 10 years, I flat out tell them I have NO idea and that's the best part. I know what I want in life (what you want does change, however), but the fact that I have the whole world in front of me with no limit on what I can do both fascinates and excites me. I take an approach to life that involves deciding what I DON'T like/want to do rather than deciding what I DO want to do. By simply deciding what one wishes to do, he or she is doing nothing more than closing all the doors that could potentially lead to bigger and better things. That's why I have issues with how college is structured. They teach you to be an employee and make you decide exactly what field you want to specialize in.

Anyway, I digress. :D

GIS
01-16-2003, 12:51 AM
12/15- Back/hamstrings

BACK
Bent BB Rows
185x8 195x5(fail from grip) 205x6 135x8

Deadlifts
225x8 315x4 340x1 225x8

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
140x8 160x4 120x8

Seated Low Cable Row
16x8 18x8

Hams
Light ham work on laying leg curls and seated curls

*An okay workout. Did it at the school gym so it was a pain to do deadlifts because of no mirror and too many eyes. Regardless, a PR with 340 although i've never really tried to go for a max. I'll just work from there. On a scale of 1-10 when it came to intensity and focus, this workout got a 6.

RANT: Goddamn Mariners! They've made no offseason moves so far other than signing a few returning players. Not only that, but they let go of Charles Gipson and Desi Relaford... neither players are huge contributers, but Gipson brought INCREDIBLE heart to the team (this guy was all out all the time) and Desi had some skills as a bench player.

This is a team based on chemestry and not big ticket names, but damnit we need some a big bat and a fifth starter! Today the GM announced they're going to rely on the minor league talent they have for starter #5, and while there is talent, it's always, and I mean ALWAYS on the disabled list.

GIS
01-19-2003, 03:51 PM
1/17- Arms/Shoulders

SHOULDERS
Seated rear military press
135x8 175x4

Lateral Raise Machine
12x8 10x8 8x8

Upright Rows
100x8 110x6

ARMS
BB Curls
80x8 90x6

BB Curls/BB Preacher curl supersets
70x6/60x8 70x6/60x8

Reverse-grip narrow chins
BWx8 BWx8

Skulls
85x8

*Wasn't in the mood to workout today and the gym was crazy-insane.

GIS
01-19-2003, 03:57 PM
1/19- Quads/Calves

QUADS
Squat
185x6 225x6 245x4 155x4(ATF & slow)

Hack squat sled
160x6 180x6 200x4

Front Squat
155x6(ATF & slow)

Leg Extension
150x8 70x8(1 leg) 80x8(1 leg) 180x10

CALVES
Standing Smith Machine Raises
270x10 250x8 230x8 180x10

Seated rotary press
180x12 200x12 210x12

*Eh, a pretty good workout. 245x4 with squats is a pr but I did them parallel box squats. I've always wondered why squats are so uncomfortable for me but I realized it's because I'd always go really deep. Now that I had a bench to show me where parallel is, it was cake. Be expecting another leg monster with me in the future! Genetically my legs are awesome and my shape is great.

I think I'm going to start cardio today and do a mini 2 week cut. My bodyfat is getting higher than I'd like and I want to drop 1-2% before hitting my bulk hard again. More for ****s and giggles than anything else... I need a little change in my workouts.

GIS
01-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Note to self:

Do not do 30 minutes of outdoor jogging in 34 degree weather, especially if it was leg day and you hadn't done cardio for over a year.

GIS
01-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Note to self #2:

Do not jog in tighty-whities when you thighs have grown from squats- the chaffing is painful, especially in the shower.

BCC
01-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Note to self: Never wear tighty whities until I surpass age 35 :D

GIS
01-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
Note to self: Never wear tighty whities until I surpass age 35 :D

:swear:

You makin' fun of me, punk??

Hehe, actually, I have 2 pairs of tighty whities that I've had since junior high but havn't really ever worn. They're backup for when I get behind on laundry.

As for the age... I shall NEVER use tighty whities as daily drivers nor as regular workout panties.

GIS
01-22-2003, 06:48 PM
1/22- Back/hams

BACK
Bent over BB rows
205x8 225x6 205x6 185x6

Chins
BWx8 +20x4 +15x5 BWx6

Deads
225x8 315x6 355x1 315x6 135x6(SLDL)

Seated Cable Rows
200x6 180x8 160x8

Hams
Leg curls
100x8 110x7 105x6

Seated leg curls
90x8 90x8

Calves
Seated calve raises
95x15 105x12 105x12

*Threw in some seated calve raises and raised on the outer testicles of my feet beause that head seems to be lagging. I had pleanty of energy tonight and 355 for deads is a PR. I'm quickly gaining strength with deads as I become more comfortable with the form. My chins are very week at this point as seen with my mere +20 lb for 4 rep set. I've always struggled with chins so I plan on doing them more in the future.

GIS
01-25-2003, 09:37 PM
1/24- Legs/Shoulders

LEGS
Leg Press
6 platesx8 8x8 10x8 6x8(super slow)

Hack Squat
4 platesx8 4+25'sx3... SNAP CRACKLE POP!!!!

Shoulders
DB military press
55x8 65x8 65x6

Machine lat raises
Light weight w/ slow concentrated raises

Upright rows
115x6

*Bad workout today. I went with my brother and he's going easy because of a car accident a while back so it sort of sucks the life out of my workouts.

I will NEVER do hack squats with the sled at my regular gym ever again. I was doing 2 plates with 25's added, went down to just below parallel, and my knees went pop with a sharp pain. Needless to say I racked my weights and stuck my nose in the air at the machine. The angle and position of the foot platform equates to WAY too much stress on the knees.

GIS
01-25-2003, 09:42 PM
1/25 Chest/tris

CHEST
Flat BB bench
205x6 225x3 (played around. More of a warm up)

Incline BB bench
185x6 195x4 205x3

HS Iso lateral bench
90x6 90x4 60x8

Cable crossovers
4x8 4x8

Low cable crossovers
4x8 3x8

Tris
Skulls
85x8 75x8 65x8 (Slow and isolated)

Cable pressdowns superset w/ Dips
60x8 / 8 70x8 / 8

1 arm rope pressdowns
20 x8

*okay workout considering having a cold. I could have gotten more reps with the incline bench but I didn't have a spotter. Tomorrow is back day and I plan on hitting it very hard.

GIS
01-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Well, I've gotten away form posting in my journal lately because during this last week I decided I would try to shock my muscles by essentially overtraining them. I was doing a 3 on/ 1 off training regime. Yesterday I managed to put up 225x2 on the incline bench (roughly a 30 degree angle... maybe more like 35) with minimal help. I'd say on the first rep I had a 2 pound assistance, and on the second rep like 5 pounds. The guy was an awesome spotter. I was a little afraid of asking him because he didn't look like he was very experienced, plus it was in my college gym. But he REALLY made me work hard and it took 10 seconds to finish each rep. THANK YOU!

Anyway, I'm taking tomorrow off from training and then it's back to my 1 day on/1 day off regime. My whole body aches and I'm exhausted 24/7 so I think I was successful in overtraining.

5'11" @ 200 pounds here I come...

Oh, and I was able to do 245 BB rows 4 times today with minimal cheating. That was exciting although my back is still not growing well. I think it's time to drop the weight down a little and focus on a really good isolation and squeeze for BB rows, chins, and seated rows. Maybe do something like 1st set ultra heavy aiming for 4-6 reps followed by 2 sets where I drop the weight considerably.

Enough babbling. I need to drink some protein, unload some stools, and study for a bastard of an econ quiz tomorrow.

Manveet
01-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh, and I was able to do 245 BB rows 4 times today with minimal cheating. That was exciting although my back is still not growing well. I think it's time to drop the weight down a little and focus on a really good isolation and squeeze for BB rows, chins, and seated rows. Maybe do something like 1st set ultra heavy aiming for 4-6 reps followed by 2 sets where I drop the weight considerably.

Damn, that's some good strength with the bb rows.

GIS
01-31-2003, 03:13 AM
ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw my name on the top 10 posters at WBB AHEAD of Tryska!

I need to stop coming on here this much.

Damn it! This is another post too!

Also, Eric PM'd me tonight and gave me a hug followed by an evil laughing smilie. :eek:

BennettBoy
01-31-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by GIS
ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw my name on the top 10 posters at WBB AHEAD of Tryska!

I need to stop coming on here this much.

Your HOOKED. :D For a couple weeks I was top poster and I basically decided I needed to ease up too LOL. Since I don't even post much in any forum but General Chat and Journals....that was a tad embarrasing. :eek:

GIS
02-01-2003, 10:18 PM
2/1 LQuads/Calves

QUADS
Squats
225x6 255x4 275x4 205x6x2-(ATF & Slow)

Hack sled
200x6 210x6 180x6-(deep & slow)

Leg Extension
195x8 105x6-(1 leg) 210x8 105x8-(1 leg)

CALVES
4 sets standing leg raises w/ smith machine
3 sets on seated rotary press
Assorted BW calve raises 1&2 leg (for exhaustion)

*Legs are certainly getting stronger but I need to work on training my mind to do squats. I used a bench that was right at paralell when I was in the squat position (box squats) for all but the first set. I could also have done more reps than I did... but again my mind just needs to get accustomed to squats.

Manveet
02-01-2003, 10:58 PM
You're never too young to think about the future. For those who are unsure with what you want to do in life, don't just say you'll get back to it some other day while playing. One year leads to the next and when you're 30 you're going to wonder where the time went while having many "I wish I woulda..." thoughts. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. This by no means applies soley to financial success... it applies to any and everything in your life. I'm 25% dead. At 42 I'll be half dead. At 80 I might very possibly BE dead. Gone. Not many people know EXACTLY what they want to do, including myself so this is not in reference to that. However, it is still important to think hard about what you want in life, and where you want to be in the future. Some people say they want to live life so they don’t have any regrets, with this usually involving playing and partying hard. Is what they don’t realize is while they might have some great memories 30 years down the road, they might also have overwhelming regrets involving those aspects of life requiring planning such as careers and families among many other things.

:cry: I'm gonna be 25% dead in a few years too.

GIS
02-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Manveet

:cry: I'm gonna be 25% dead in a few years too.

Bah, you've got 75% of your life to look forward to! :)

The ultimate experiment:
It's Saturday and I'm staying home because I have to get over this damn cold and I went out last night making it worse. Needless to say I'm bored.

I have this problem with my toilet bowl getting stains at the water line because of the hard Seattle water.

I shall use Clorox with Teflon to clean my toilet bowl and try to prevent such stains. The Teflon is supposed to leave a protective layer.

Keep reading in the future for the results of this experiment

GIS
02-02-2003, 12:36 AM
11:32 PM.

I just scrubbed the toilet bowl with a toilet bowl brush.

No sign of a stain. Time will tell as to whether another one forms.

GIS
02-03-2003, 01:35 AM
2/3- Chest/Tris

CHEST
Flat BB
225x5 235x2 225x4

Incline BB
205x5 205x4 155x6-(slow, last rep negative)

BW Dips
10 10 8 10

DB flys
35x8 35x8

Triceps
DB Overhead Press
80x8 80x8

Cable pressdowns
70x8 60x8

1 arm rope pressdown
20x8

*Eh, an okay workout. I just feel uncomfortable with BB bench over 205. It feels like my shoulders are going to rip off my body. Most of it is mental because I'm still stuck at struggling with 185 mentally. It's kinda strange how the body grows and get stronger but the mind stays the same. People are really starting to come up to me and mention how huge I'm getting and all of a sudden I find myself as being one of the stronger guys (and bigger) at the gym.

Toilet update:- No new stains.

Franjipani
02-03-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by GIS
“People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.”
~Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin

I knew I was drawn to your journal for a reason :D. I very much enjoyed the read...so you have yet another fan !!!

How are you doing in your business venture? Also, be sure to keep us updated with your toilet bowl saga ;)

GIS
02-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Welcome to my little world Franjipani.

12/3- Back/Biceps

BACK]
Bent BB rows
185x8 185x8 225x6 185x8

Chins
BWx8 (Felt like I strained my left lat from rows so I quit here)

Deads
315x5 335x4 355x1 225x8

Good mornings
110x6

Seated cable row
1850x8 160x8

Biceps
Reverse grip chins- narrow grip
BWx8 BWx6

Cable curls- straight bar
105x8 105x8

Alt DB curls
30x6 ea arm (slow and squeeze)

Rope cable curl
90x6

*A pretty good workout but I'm tired of doing deads at my gym and having everybody trying to walk around me and staring as I do them. My bent rows were really good because all I cared about was making sure they did all of the work. And boy did they... by the time I got to chins I couldn't really lift myself without it feeling like my lats were going to strain so after one set I went to the pulldown machine and did 2 sets of like 130 and just did them slow and focused on a squeeze like the rows.

Toilet update-Stains! Worthless garbage. This concludes the Clorox with Teflon experiment. Bastards.

rookiebldr
02-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by GIS
Toilet update-Stains! Worthless garbage. This concludes the Clorox with Teflon experiment. Bastards.

So, I guess there will be another experiment in the offering.

GIS
02-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Signs that I am growing:

Strength-Increasing like crazy.

Mirror-Tonight I looked in the mirror with my shirt off and it just sort of struck me how different I look now. Chest, shoulders, bum, back... I've certainly added some serious mass.

Scale-I am quickly approaching 200 pounds with minimal bodyfat gain. Yikes!

Underwear-Today doing squats some of the stitching in my underwear was ripping. Hehe, they are starting to get snug around the 'ol thighs and behind.

Clothing-I went to this formal entreprenurial forum that was for homeland security technology. Essentially, a 110 CEOs, Presidents, and directors were there from around the country including this CIA guy who heads the CIA's investment division and controls a $5 billion budget. Anyway, I had to dress nicely and could barely squeeze into my button-up shirts and my pants are all snug.

Compliments-People are really starting to make comments to me about growing and I always get jokes from people (including at the homeland security forum) asking if I'm the bouncer.

Less money-All these suppliments and food are killing me. I don't take much aside from MRP's and whey powders, but between those and food I'm going broke. Muscle is more expensive per ounce than gold!

Advice seekers-Guys at the gym are always coming up to me asking how to do this, how to do that, what should they do, what should they eat, etc, etc, etc. It bugs me if I'm in the middle of a workout but I try to be helpful because we all start out at that point.

Confidence-I've never been too insecure, but there has certainly been an increase in my confidence.

Chaffing-Erm... yeah. More info than you guys would like to know but my thighs have grown to the point where the insides rub both making it uncomfortable to wear anything other than boxer briefs and there is a strip in opposing sides where there is no hair from the rubbing. I don't know what's going to happen if I keep growing... I'll end up looking like a hooker who's done quite a bit of business- bowlegged=bad. :eek:

Next stop 200 and then 210 for summer! I'm not huge but I've certainly packed on some muscle since November. I'll post some pictures here soon... most likely in a month after I've given my new bulking strategy a test.

GIS
02-06-2003, 09:37 PM
12/5- Legs/Calves

LEGS
Squats
225x6(ATF) 245x6 265x4 275x4 225x6(ATF)

Hack Squat sled
200x6 220x6 230x4

Leg extension drop sets
210x8, 165x8, 120x8, 60x8, 30x8, 60x8
210x8, 165x8, 120x8

CALVES
Standing smith calve raises
270x8 230x10 180x10

Seated rotary presses
170x12 170x12 170x12

Various 1 l& 2 leg BW calve raises

*Squats are feeling really strong now. I have the form down and my back can easily support weight. My undies were ripping when doing them which shows my hams have been growing! I work legs with my bro on Saturday so I think I'm going to go for 300 with a spot. Not bad for somebody who struggled with doing even 2 parallel squats with 185 just a month ago.

GIS
02-06-2003, 09:46 PM
12/6- Chest/Triceps

CHEST
Flat Bench
225x6 235x2 205x6 185x6

Incline smith press
160x8 180x8

DB incline press
85x6

BW dips
10 8 10 10

HS wide grip
3 plate+10's x8, 3 plates x 8, 2 plates x 10

TRICEPS
Over head DB press
85x8 90x8

BW dips

Bent bar cable pressdowns
150x8

Rope cable pressdowns
120x8

*My triceps are too weak. I've sort of narrowed down my struggling flat bench strength and overal lack of arms size to my triceps. I will plan on doing a routine similar to this for my triceps in the future as not to over train them, but I will keep hitting the dips hard and frequently while gradually adding weight to them. I think I'll aim for dips twice a week, but only do direct tricep training like today once a week.

In other news, here's my bodyweight change:

12/12/02: 179
1/6/03: 195

Not bad for under a month with some but not much bodyfat increase. 210 for summer is just around the corner especially considering I can see SO much room for improvement.

fuzz
02-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Congrats on all the progress! Feels good to be able to add muscle without becoming a fat slob, eh? I went crazy on my last bulk and ended up eating way too much, and adding too much fat with the muscle....I'm planning on doing a more controlled bulk soon, much like you are doing here.

How many cals are you eating over maintenance?

GIS
02-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by fuzz
Congrats on all the progress! Feels good to be able to add muscle without becoming a fat slob, eh? I went crazy on my last bulk and ended up eating way too much, and adding too much fat with the muscle....I'm planning on doing a more controlled bulk soon, much like you are doing here.

How many cals are you eating over maintenance?

Yeah, it's fun to see progress. I usually aim for 3,500 calories and 300g protein... I think my maintenance is somewhere around 2,500 calories. I have put on some bodyfat but I am lucky to have an exceptional metabolism. It's not at level of BCC or GG, but I certainly can't complain.

GIS
02-09-2003, 05:11 PM
12-7 Back

Bent BB rows
225x6 225x6

Drop set: 195x8, 175x8, 155x6, 135x6, 115x6

135x6

Chins
BWx8 BWx6

Deads
225x8v 315x2 365x1

*Yikes! The rows drop set was consecutive. I had 35's and a bunch of 10's on each end, and just striped one at a time with the time it took to strip being my rest. My back was screaming by the time I got to chins. I wasn't planning on doing deads but I just started screwing around and easily did 365 which was a PR. I tried 405 but mentally and physically my lower back was done. I'm sure I'll be able to do 405 next workout because I've finally read up on serious dead lift form. I don't consider myself as having a decent dead until I pull at least 8 plates.

GIS
02-09-2003, 10:04 PM
12/9- Legs/shoulders

LEGS
Leg press
Drop set (plates x reps):
12x6, 10x8, 8x8, 6x8, 4x8

8x10 10x6

Leg extensions
210x8 225x8

Drop set:
240x8, 195x8, 150x6, 105x6, 60x8, 30x8

Shoulders
BB Millitary press
Behind neck- 135x8 145x8
Front- 115x8 120x8

1 arm Lateral Raise Machine
8x8 9x8 10x8

*An okay workout. Havn't ever done heavy leg press so I was a little cautious but got up to 12 plates while going deep. My volume wasn't very high today with either muscle group but that's okay.

I got hugged by Eric via a PM again. That brings the count up to 2. :eek:

GIS
02-12-2003, 10:34 PM
405!

Well, I finally pulled a 405 dead. Split my back workout because my brother wanted to lift at our regular gym and I wanted to do deads at my school gym because it's easier:

4:30
Bent BB rows
185x8 205x8 255x6 185x6

Narrow grip pulldowns w/ seated row handle
140x8 150x6 140x8

Seated cable row
140x8 150x6 120x8

*Mainly worked on form and getting the best possible isolation and squeeze. I've done heavier BB rows but this time with the 225 my form was very good.

8:30
Deads
225x3 315x2 405x1 415xfail 335x4

*Yipee. My form has much further to go so I think I could pull more right now with some instruction. I sure wish there were Belials/Masons/BCC's around here. Some guys were shaking their heads because I did a deadlift with 8 plates, but that doesn't say much about my gym. I'm not taking anything away from myself because I'm very happy about my performance, but there just arn't many if any serious lifters at either of the gyms I go to. Maybe I should befriend Rick Neuhisel (U of WA football coach) so his FB trainers will help me out. :)

GIS
02-15-2003, 05:23 PM
2/15- Legs/arms

LEGS
Squat
225x6 245x8 275x4 305x2

Leg press
6 plates x 8 (deep)

Leg extension drop sets
240x8 195x8 150x6 105x6 60x8
240x8 195x8 105x8 105x6 60x10

Bi's
BB curls (strict form)
70x8 70x8 70x6

Reverse/narrow grip chins
BWx8 BWx6

Rope cable curl
70x8

Alt DB curls
12x25

TRIS
Dips
BWx10 +20x10 +25x8 +15x10

HS Dip machine
90X8 each arm

90 degree seated skulls
65x8

bent-bar Cable pressdowns
120x8

*305 is a huge jump for me. They were not quite parallel but close to it. My knees were throbbing so I didn't join my bro for a few leg press sets but that's no big worry... I made up for it with the extensions drop sets. I'm VERY close to the 1,000 club now but I'm in no hurry to do it- I'll just let it come. Tonight I'll do calves and grip work. Looks like a lot of work but with arms I did quite a variety of exercises, some for only one set.

GIS
02-17-2003, 08:02 PM
12/17- Chest/shoulders

CHEST
Incline BB press
205x8 215x6 225x4 185x6

Dips
BWx8 +20x8 +25x8 +30x4

Pec fly machine
10x8 11x8 12x6

Shoulders
Behind neck BB military press
135x8 155x4

Front BB military press
115x8 115x5

DB lateral raises
20x8 20x8

*Did some random static holds and that's about it. Shoulders were toast after the inclines and chest workout so that 155 was painful even though I know that I could probably rep 175 four times on a day that I just do shoulders. I was really happy/surprised with 225X4 with the inclines. They sure are more comfortable than flat presses for me.

Manveet
02-17-2003, 08:05 PM
awesome strength with the incline BB, keep it up.

Mystic Eric
02-18-2003, 02:03 AM
Wow you're a pretty strong guy... :drooling:

GIS
02-19-2003, 11:14 PM
2/19- Back

Bent BB rows
185x8 185x8 225x6 245x4

Chins
BWx8 BWx5

Deads
225x1

Seated cable row
12x8 14x8 16x6

*I sort of played around today. With BB rows I tried brining my grip to shoulder width and it felt MUCH more natural and easier than the wider grip that I had been using. 245x4 wasn't using perfect form and I had to cheat quite a bit, but I used some muscle in my back so it wasn't all a waste. Haha, thought about doing deads and there were 4 plates on the bar just sitting there from somebody else. I did one and just did NOT feel like doing deads today and I have done them on every back workout so I just decided to skip 'em.

Best part of my workout- didn't use gloves ore straps for anything. I most likely wouldn't have used straps for this workout, but I have decided to just go naked from now on, except for deads where my grip still needs to catch up.

GIS
02-23-2003, 02:09 AM
12/23- Arms

Bi's
BB curls
80x8 80x8 70x8

Incline DB alt. curls
30x12 30x12

Hammer Strength curl machine
25x10 30x10

Triceps
Hammer Strength Dip machine
90x8 (1 arm) 100x8 (1 arm)

Decline skulls
65x8 85x8

Bent bar cable pressdowns
160x8 180x8

*I can't believe how long it's been since I've seriously trained my arms. I tried no direct training for a while but I think I need to start doing it again. I didn't go too heavy and focused on good squeezes and form.

I've been lazy with recording my lifts lately and need to start doing it again so I can concentrate on progressing.

Somebody on WBB called me tonight... betcha can't guess who.

Coke
02-23-2003, 07:25 AM
Keep up the progress GIS :)

ectx
02-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by GIS

Decline skulls
65x8 85x8

Cool...I love these suckers. Fav. Tri. exercise of all time...I'm surprised more people don't do these

did you get a phone hug?

btw...I already mentioned it ...but it should be said again...awesome progress on your bulk.

GIS
02-24-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by ectx

Cool...I love these suckers. Fav. Tri. exercise of all time...I'm surprised more people don't do these

did you get a phone hug?

btw...I already mentioned it ...but it should be said again...awesome progress on your bulk.

Thanks man. Yeah, I liked the decline. It seemed like there was less stress on my joint for whatever reason, but the best part is the increased range of motion. I went light with them but next workout I'll do a couple of heavy sets.

On side note, I skipped my leg workout this week. My body is absolutely trashed from working out hard lately and I felt my glutes, hams, and lower back need the extra rest. My hamstrings are still sore from my workout on Wednesday. I'll hit squats and leg presses hard again next week and continue on schedule with my routine this week.

Franjipani
02-24-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by GIS
Well, I finally pulled a 405 dead.

Congratulations..... fab job on your deads:thumbup:

GIS
02-24-2003, 11:07 PM
2/24- Chest

Incline BB bench
225x6 235x2 +1(5-10 pound assist) 225x3+ 1(5 pound assist)
Wahoo. Felt great and strong. My chest is exploding lately along with my shoulders partly because of inclines. 245x1 is certainly possible right now, but I want to focus on repping sets of 6 before progressing. Next time it's a try for 230x6.

Incline pec-dec fly
10x8 11x6 10x6
I really like this machine. It's a Cybex peck fly machine that is at an incline and really isolates the chest. Focused on isolation and squeezes along with a brief pause to really fatigue my titties.

Dips
+40x8 +35x1 +30x1 BWx8 BWx15
Haha, my shoulders were not agreeing with the second and third sets so I didn't force them. Just went for BW dips with slow and controlled form.

*I was VEEERRRRYYYY happy with today's workout. My incline bench is quickly surpassing my flat bench and I've decided to basically drop flat BB bench for a while because of the stress it seems to put on my shoulders.

Today I wore a tight tank top to the gym. As I walked by the mirrors I glanced over and thought "holy **** Justin what have you done"... even after taking the pictures and posting them on WBB I didn't realize how big I've gotten until today. It's now at the point where people stare and girls' eyes get big and whisper to their friends. I almost don't like the attention, but it is certainly positive reassurance. I usually wear a long sleeved jogging shirt that covers up my body fairly well so my size isn't as noticeable, but the gym has been so hot lately I wore a tank top under it and ended up taking my long sleeved shirt off for the flys. I even have a little stretch mark on the outside of my right pec towards my armpit. Furthermore, I met with a former co-worker because he's been helping me find a job, and as he was talking to me about something work-related he randomly asked if I was on steroids in a joking way. I'm certainly not, but more and more I've begun to realize the changes in my body.

Well, enough rambling. My main concern in all this is people not being as friendly with me out of a fear that I'm not approachable and a 'meathead.' I don't care what people think of me, but I tend to go for the sweet and natural girls of the world and not the superficial sorwhority girl type, but I guess that's where being out going and intitiating friendly convorsations comes into play.

ectx
02-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Great incline bench strength. Congrats on the comments meathead. Now stop staring at yourself in the mirror. LOL.

GIS
02-26-2003, 07:41 PM
2/27- Back/Bis

BACK
Chins
BWx8 BWx8 BWx6

Deads
225x8 315x4 405x2 365x4
*Wasn't very motivated with deads but 405x2 was pretty good. I'm going to keep it at 405 for a while and work on going for higher reps across the board. I'll move on once I do 365x6-8 and 405x4. Also I went nude for all sets except for straps on the 405... probably could have done those nude too but I wanted to make sure I pulled it.

Bent BB rows
185x6 225x6 225x6 185x8
*eh.... nothing special... my lats were pretty tired

Standing rows
4+50x8 6x8
*This was a goofy 'Jammin' machine that I don't really care for. Wont do them again... first number is # of 45 plates.

Seated rows
14x8 13x8
*nice and slow while isolating the rhomboids. Good finishing movement

BI'S
BB curls
80x8 90x2
*Haha, set two was not happening... bis were pretty exhausted

Alt DB twist curls
40x10 40x10
*felt good

Not a bad workout, but nothing too special. My grip is starting to finally catch up and some lovely man-callus' are starting to develop.

fuzz
02-26-2003, 07:49 PM
hey frat boy =)

Congrats on the massive gains. Do you plan on doing any more prohormone cycles?

GIS
02-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by fuzz
hey frat boy =)

Congrats on the massive gains. Do you plan on doing any more prohormone cycles?

Nope, no more PH cycles and I've made an oath to never touch AS so it's all natural from here on out.

I'm really happy with my size right now so I figure any size I put on from now on is just a bonus and I'm sure will come with time as my strength increases.

Manveet
02-26-2003, 08:00 PM
How many cals are you taking in a day?

Mik
02-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Nice work GIS. I've been reading the journal lately. Between that and the pics you posted I gotta say you've had one helluva successful bulk. Keep up the great work mang.

GIS
02-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Yep, thanks folks... as soon as school gets less hectic I'll really aim for some more bumps in strength.

Manveet: I'll get between 3,000 and 4,000 calories. I havn't been counting lately, but I think I've been as low as 2,800 at times. I also go for 250g protein.

GIS
02-26-2003, 10:24 PM
I just ran across some old training journals from the week of July 19. Below are the exercise, weight, and current weight.

Incline BB bench
7/19- 165x8
now- 225x6 (235x2)

Squat
7/19- 205x2 (horrible form, not parallel)
now- 305x2

Deads
7/19- What's a dead lift?
now- 402x2

leg press
7/19- 360x8 (not very deep)
now- 540x6

Skulls
7/19- 60x8
now- 110x6

That's enough for now. The big improvements are in my legs with deads, squats, and leg presses. Arms are certainly stronger and I didn't even do bent BB rows, but even in December 135 was difficult for a set of 8 so I can only imagine what they were in July.

The other big thing is my form is 10x better for everything now than it was in July. If I did BB curls with 80 pounds, it was with a hell of a lot of cheating compared to doing the same weight now.

Big & Tall
02-26-2003, 10:29 PM
:thumbup:

Nice work! Making gains is teh ace, and your strength is looking excellent. Keep it up!

GIS
03-02-2003, 05:33 PM
3/2- Legs

SQUATS
Squats
225x6 245x8 Blah
*Yuck. Squats were NOT happening today whether it be mental or physical. Combo of both, I think.

Leg press
8x8 10x8 10+20lbsx8 10+20lbsx8
*These felt much better than squats.

Hack squat sled
4x6 4x6
*Eh, just did them to do them.

Leg extension
210x8 195x8
*whatever

Man, talk about a weak workout. This weekend was full of Mardi Gras madness and not enough calories whatsoever, plus I didn't do legs last week to let them rest. I expect tomorrows chest workout will prove to have the intensity I aim for.

SWOLE
03-02-2003, 10:09 PM
you have some nice incline barbell strength goin on.
nice job on the deadlifts too.
you have made some nice strenght progress too since july
keep it up big man!!

GIS
03-03-2003, 05:41 PM
3/3- Chest/tris

CHEST
Flat BB press
185x8 225x5 185x8 205x6
*Arg.... flat BB presses kill my shoulders but I am going to continue doing them no higher than 225 but aim for 8 reps. Hopefully this will strengthen my shoulders and stabalizers. Check out a new thread I started in training titled "delt pain during flat BB press" if you have any advice.

HS wide grip bench
135x8 145x8 155x6 (weight for 1 arm)
*these felt really good and I made sure to isolate the chest and not cheat.

DB flys
35x8 40x8 40x6
*Shoulders/elbows kept me from going too heavy. Not too worried about it because I rarely do these so my joints are not accustomed to them

TRI'S
Decline skulls
85x8 95x6
*felt okay... nothing special.

Overhead DB presses
85x8 85x8
*Went NICE and slow while concentrating on form and isolation

Bent BB pressdowns/Rope pressdowns
135x8/ 90x4,60x4
*hehe, my tris were pretty tired for these

*an okay workout and my chest feels very fatigued dispite not doing much volume/heavy weight. I am incredibly stressed right now from classes, finals, projects, volunteering, clubs, and internships so training has been suffereing. My diet has been horrible lately... not necessarily in terms of bad calories but just not enough. I think I've lost a % or so of BF but hopefully not much muscle. I went shopping last night so I just need to make sure I'm stuffing my face while studying.

GIS
03-05-2003, 06:09 PM
3/5- Back/Bi's

BACK
Chins
BWx10 +10x8 +10x6
*time to start adding weight! Made sure form was good.

Deads
315x10 335x9 315x2
*I'm going for high reps now, both for strength in my back and grip. 315 was with BARELY touching the ground with the plates and I was really happy with it. On the 335's, I was not able to fully lock out at the top on #8 and #9 so I stopped there. If I'm going to reach 10 reps, they're going to be quality. The third set just wasn't happening, and I had a little upchuck of what was in my stomach so mission accomplished.

Standing Jamn machine rows
6plates x8 6plates x6
*Okay, I said I wasn't going to do these again after last workout, but my back was incredibly sore last time so they hit my rhomboids and lower traps better than I had thought.

Bent BB rows
2 20kg platesx10 2 20kg platesx10
*whatever that poundage equals I'll figure out later, but I did it becasue it was already on the bar. I did them SUPER slow and isolated.

BI'S
BB curls
70x8 70x4
*Forearms were toast after the deads to I did these nice and slow/isolated, but my forarms just hurt like a motha on the second set so I stopped.

Incline DB curls
35x10 25x8
*Ouch. Bi's forearms were keeping my bi's from getting world hard, but I still got a good workout with them

Straight bar cable curl/ 1 arm cable rope hammer curl supersets
40x10/20x8 45x10/20x8
*focused on form. Nothing to exciting.

GIS
03-06-2003, 04:40 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sore!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure miss the days of 1-AD when two days after working out my body was fully recovered.

I need a massage.... any girls out there interested? (Eric need not apply)

GIS
03-09-2003, 03:31 PM
3/9- Legs

Leg press
6x8 10x8 10x10 10+20x2
*BOOOOOOOOO! Talk about feeling like crap. I mentally just wasn't there and in the fourth set my lower back kind of tweaked so I pussily threw in the towel.

Squat
225x8
* :( No energy or mental desire to do these.

Leg extension
165x8 165x8
*slow but blah

*Okay, horrible workout. Lately I havn't been eating nearly enough and mentally I'm in shambles from school stress with finals next week. I also went to the gym unprepared with what I was going to do so mentally i wasn't there.

GIS
03-09-2003, 03:41 PM
ROUTINE UPDATE

Monday- Chest/Tris
Tuesday- off
Wednesday- Back/Bis
Thursday- off
Friday- Shoulders
Saturday- off
Sunday- Legs

Okay, so in addition to a new routine, I'm going to also take a different approach to training. The plan is to work towards reps of 10 with my major lifts like squats, deads, and bench. I started doing this with deads this week, doing 315x10 and 335x9. Next week I'll do 335x10 and try 345x10. Once I hit 10 with a certain lift, I'll increase the poundage the next week by 10. Ironically, I just noticed BCC was going to do this with deads and I think it's what I need right now.

I've shrunk recently. I hit 200 but am now down to 192-195 and can tell both a loss in size and strength. A big part of this is not enough calories lately and stress form school.

I want to reach 3,500 clean calories and 250-300g protein a day. I also need to mentally get my act together in the gym and really attack the weight at hand. I sure wish I had a dedicated training partner- somebody who is far more advanced than myself. Regardless, I hope to get up to a solid and consistant 200 pounds by summer. Granted I've hit this before, but it was more of a peak in my size. I want 200 every time I step on the scale.

Relentless
03-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Finally got around to checking your journal and glad I made the stop.

It seems like you've got your training well in hand so I have no comments in particular at this point.

If you're looking for a cheaper recovery-assist after 1-AD creatine isn't a bad choice if you aren't already taking it... I find it makes apretty big difference for me.

GIS
03-10-2003, 04:16 PM
3/10- Chest/Tris

CHEST
Flat BB press
195x8 225x6 235x2 230x4
*Hmm. Shoulders felt a little better this time because I arched my back more and squeezed my shoulder blades together. I am still weak with this exercise though, especially considering my incline BB strength is exactly the same. I think that's kinda cool though... :) I would think it's cooler if it wasn't because my flat BB press is so weak.

Dips
BWx12 BWx12 BWx12
*Felt good. I want to build a better base before starting to add weight.

DB flys
40x8 45x6
*Felt strong and really 'felt the burn'. My shoulders and elbows are starting to tolerate these more... they used to be really painful.

HS Wide grip press
160x5.5
*PB with this. Felt strong but for some reason when I do them my whole body comes off the bench and I'm floating in the air... the sucker needs a seatbelt. Either that or I need to get heavier... yeah... I like that idea.

TRIS
Overhead DB presses
90x6 90x8\
*felt good. My elbows started feeling uncomfortable but I said '**** you' and kept cranking them out and went with an even deeper ROM. My elbows held and I said yay.

Skulls
90x5
*Eh, felt okay but had to cheat quite a bit. Finished the 5 reps off with a superset of 5 narrow grip presses.

Straight bar cable pressdown- Overhand grip/Underhand grip
50x10 / 50x8
*Yee-haw! I went ultra slow for these and my triceps were SCREAMIN'. I used the lat pulldown machine and it was a 2 pully system and not the 3 pully system I usually use hence the reduced weight from before.

Really good workout. Started slow with the flat BB but it really picked up after the dips. I've finally decided I need to stop being a pussy when it comes to little aches and pains during sets. My elbows, shoulders, etc get little dull pains now and then and it would keep me from pushing myself harder, but enough of that bull****. I don't want to get injured, but at the same time it's keeping me from progression.

GIS
03-13-2003, 02:33 PM
3/13- Back/Bis

BACK
Deads
335x10 365x1
*Grip failed for rep 10 but I put the bard down to reset my grip and pulled for a 10th rep. took maybe 1 second to do so. the 365 was just for craps and giggles.

Jamn machine
6+20lbsx6 6+30lbs
*6 plates + extra weight. Felt strong

Chins
BWx8 +10x6 +10x6
*Oops, shoulda done these before everything else.

Bent DB rows
100x8 100x8
*Can't go any heavier. 100lbs is as big as they go at this gym, damn it.

Bi's
BB curls
80x8 80x4

Incline DB curls
25x10 25x8
*slooooowwwwwwww reps

Alt Hammer curls
27.5x12
*slooooowwwwwwww reps

Deads are reaching their 10 rep max, mainly because of grip but also because I was beginning to have difficulty locking out. I might try a new approach like a 6,8,10 rep approach where I'll go heavy 6 reps, drop it 10 pounds do 8, and drop 10 and do 6.

I got pulled over today and given a traffic infraction today, but there are some special details about it:

I was ****ing crossing the street... by foot. There is a ton of construction around my school because they're basically tearing apart the busiest road in the area. One side of the road that was perpendicular to the one I was crossing was completely torn up and they had the sidewalk 'closed'. There was still several feet to walk on and I didn't see the sign, but when I crossed two cops told me to come over, asked for my ID, and started writing a ticket without saying anything. Then they checked traffic which says it will go on my driving record and wrote "walking in road" in the description (jaywalking).

BULL****! They are constantly redirecting traffic and I didn't see the sign because so many people were standing at the street corner waiting to go the other way. I"m so pissed off and you can bet I'm going to court over it.

GIS
03-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Hehe, I just realized that for the past two weeks I've been drinking 2 100g protein shakes per day.

I've been doing 4 scoops of 100% whey from optimum nutrition (88g protein) with milk. I've been on the 4 scoop mentality from cytogainer and n-large, but ran out of those and have been using up my optimum supply.

I think that might be a little much for one sitting so I'll scale back.

Strangely, I havn't had any extra gas.

ectx
03-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Freaking JayWalker. The onlything I detest more than a jaywalker is a jayrunner. Pfft. I hear you on the stress bit. It's been at an all time high for me. I hope you get to defrazzle with spring break soon. Even though you've been down about your strength, I think all things considered, you're doing great Justin. Anyway, later you freaking Jaywalker. Why don't you go put on that sleeveless shirt and go jaywalking or something. j/k

GIS
03-15-2003, 06:41 PM
3/15- Legs

Squats
185x10 225x10 245x8 275x1
My legs have become a little weaker than several weeks ago but that's okay. Like with deads, I'm going to start aiming for higher reps and going deep. All were parallel except for maybe the last rep or two of the 245, both of which were between 3/4 and parallel.

Leg press
8x10 (ultra deep) 10x8 (ultra deep)
Felt good.

Lunges/leg extension supersets
70x10/135x8 (ultra slow) 70x10/150x8 (ultra slow)
Tried these out for the first time... nothign special

*My lower back is affecting my squats. Between deads and squats my lower back is always sore and achey so maybe I'll not do deads this upcoming week to give it a rest.

GIS
03-17-2003, 06:02 PM
3/17- Chest/tris

CHEST
Incline BB press
225x4 225x5 205x6

DB flys
45x6 50x6

Dips
+20x8 +30x6

TRI's
Overhead DB press
90x8 90x8

Straight bar press downs
50x8 50x8

GIS
03-21-2003, 08:44 PM
I have hit a run in training where I just dont have much motivation, so I'm going to really change things up.

For starters, I'm going to go on a suppliment fast. The only things I will be supplimenting are 100% whey protein and a multivitamin. No creatine, glutamine, or the Ripped Fuel I take during workouts. I think it's important to cycle suppliments, so I'll reapproach them a couple of months from now.

Second, I am going to look into a completely new routine, such as westside.

GIS
04-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Well, I'm back after a month and a half break from BBing to focus on finals, internships, and bodybuilding itself because I was starting to get a little burnt out. I still lifted (not very intensly), but my diet sucked due to not consuming enough calories. My body fat dropped slightly, but by drop in weight from 200 down to 187 was primarily muscle. I should be able to get back to the low-mid 190's fairly quickly so I'm not worried about summer.

During this break I cut out all suppliments and weight gainers. I occasionally drank Optimum 100% whey, but that was only one shake a day on average. Creatine, glutamine, N-Large, and Cytogainer were all dropped, as was my pre-workout ephedra/caffein stack. I think it is important to cycle ephedra because of the body's tendancy to develop a tolerance. As for the weight gainers, I dropped them because I didn't want all those excess high GI calories to result in fat gain.

Now that I'm back, I'm hoping to do a serious bulk again. During my past bulk when I went from 170-200 pounds in the matter of 4 months I had little regard to where my calories came from. This time around I hope to keep an eye on my carb intake because of summer being just around the corner and I don't want to get too terribly fat. I think a good calorie goal for me is 3,000-3,300 per day.

My workout today:

LEGS
Parallel Squats
135x10 185x10 195x8 205x8

Leg Press
6x12 8x10 8x10 8x10

Leg extension
135x10 135x10

DB leg curls
35x8 40x8 40x8

*Mainly focused on form because my leg strength really dropped and my lower back lost quite a bit of its strength. I took the DB curls right out of Chase's book and I really liked how it requires a considerable amount of balance, plus the resistance seemed to be more consistant throughout the rep range when compared to the machine.

GIS
05-11-2003, 06:42 PM
5/11- Legs

Squats
95x8 115x8 125x8 145x8 175x8 225x4
*I got out of the routine of doing squats. My hip flexors and adductors/abductors seemed really tight and unflexible resulting in an overall discomfort when trying to do warmup squats with 135. Not wanting to get injured I stripped the weight and did the above squat workout, focusing on going below parallel and not locking out at the top. My squats should come bac fairly quickly.

Leg press
10x8
*Blah I just didn't have it in me for a workout today. Monday I'll get back to hitting it hard.

GIS
06-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Well, I don't keep a journal any more because life has been busy and the internet is the least of my priorities.

I have been lifting semi-regularly and my weight has dropped from a peak of 200 a couple of months ago down to 188 as of today. I am considerably leaner but I have lost some muscle.

Today I did back and I pulled a 410 conventional deadlift with ease!

Really weird because i havn't done deads for like a month and a half and have done back maybe every 10 days or so. I guess rest can do wonders. I attribute part of the pull to losing some mass in my glutes and legs so I am more flexible... the overall lift just physically felt better than ever before.

I'm going to try and get back into things more seriously once finals are over next week but I am going to be cutting. MAYBE a clean bulk but we'll see.

GhettoSmurf
06-07-2003, 06:09 AM
congrats on the DL.

it'd be great to get back to the journaling ;)

btw- i love the avator(sp?)

fuzz
07-02-2003, 11:07 AM
bump

Whats going on GIS? How are things going?

GIS
04-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Looky who's back.

I have had one hell of a year since I was last posting, most of which is good. My time has been spent pursuing several business ventures that are both incredibly fun and promising, but time consuming and stressful to say the least.

I started working out again with this incredible girl who is both stunningly beautiful and ultra athletic. Unfortunatly she's now working out in the morning last week on her own so hopefully I can stay focused without her.

I'm down to ~175 now. Flat, deflated, and demoralized. I decided to post again and restart the 'ol journal to help me track progression. Strangely, last week during my second real back workout for who knows how long, I pulled a 385 deadlift and probably could have gone up to 405. Not bad considering I weigh 175 pounds and am out of shape! Hopefully that is an indication that things will come back quickly.

That's all from this end and I'll post my chest workout later tonight.

Ciao and hello again after nearly a year!

ectx
04-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Good to see you back in here, and congrats on meeting the lady. I look forward to spamming, err, I mean learning from your journal and providing helpful input. ;)

GIS
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
4/5/04

CHEST

Flat BB
135x12 185x8 205x4

Incline DB
55x8 60x8 65x6

Dips
12 12

DB flys
30x8 30x8

TRIS
Close grip BB
95x10 100x8

Skulls
55x8 55x8

Tri extension machine
60x10

*My strength is way down and I wanted to make sure form didn't suffer from my ego. Wednesday is back day.

GIS
08-02-2004, 05:23 PM
In the past six months I have:

Graduated College
Landed an absolutely killer job
Gone on a 3-week trip to Hawaii

I have not:

Worked out

I joined Golds Gym and plan on getting back into lifting (this time for real). Today was chest and holy crap was I weak. Didn't bother pushing it.

BB Bench
135x12 155x10 175x8

BB Incline
135x8 145x8

DB Flys
25x10 25x10

fuzz
08-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Heh. Welcome back.

Now lift heavy sh!t.

GIS
08-14-2004, 12:09 AM
I forgot to post the last couple workouts but I did them. Honest.

Arms
DB Military Press
40x12 45x10 50x8
Cable Lateral Raises
20x12 25x10
Hammer strength overhead press
?x12 ?x10
*went really slow w/ short range of motion. Cant remember the weight.

BB Curls
60x10 60x10
Alt DB curls w/ twist
30x10 30x10
cable iso curl
30x8 30x8

Bar pressdowns
?x12 ?x12
CG bench
65x12 75x12
Rope pressdowns
?x10 ?x10

Standing calve raise
195x12x3
seated calve press
130x10x3

I'm feeling stronger but still way out of shape. Give me 2 months and I'll be back at 195. Right now I'm about 180.

GIS
08-15-2004, 05:32 PM
LEGS
Squats
95x12 115x10 135x10

Leg press
4 platesx10 4+20 x 10 4+20 x 10

Leg Extension
95x10 95+5 x 10 95+10 x 10

Took things light as can be because my glute has been strained for oh, 3 months now. Hell, it's been a year since I've even done squats.

GIS
08-16-2004, 09:55 PM
CHEST

Flat BB
145x12 195x10 205x6

Incline DB
50x12 60x12

Cable Crossovers
50x12 50x12

HS Decline Iso
50x12 50x12

ABS

Incline twists
30x 30x 24x

Strength is coming back in a hurry. Watch out! :)

GIS
08-19-2004, 08:48 PM
BACK
Deads
135x10 185x10 225x10

Lat Pulldown
140x10 140x8 130x8

Bent DB Rows
40x10 50x10

Seated Row
100x10 (super slow/reverses)

BIs
Bent BB curl
65x10 65x10

Seated Alt DB curl
30x12 30x10

Seated BB Preacher Drop
55x10 45x8 35x8

Alt DB Hammers
25x12 (slow)

GIS
08-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Shoulders

Military BB
95x10 115x8 125x6

URR and front DB raise superset
80x12 20x16

Cable lat raises
25x10

Tris

Skulls
45x12 45x12

Straight bar pressdowns
50x8 45x8

Rope pressdowns
35x8 35x6

Calves

Raises
160x18 185x16 205x12

GIS
12-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Smith Squats
90x10 110x8 130x6 140x4

Walking DB Lunges
35x20 40x20 42.5x10

Feet together leg press
200x10 200x10

Leg Extensions
130x10 135x10

GIS
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
12-7

Flat BB Bench
155x10 185x8 205x6 225x4

Incline DB
60x10 65x10 65x8

Dips
BWx10x2

Cable Cross
50x10x3

GIS
12-08-2004, 06:30 PM
12-8 -- Back

Conventional platform deads
135 wu, 225x10 275x6 315x4 335x1

Lat pulldown, wide/medium/narrow grip
100x10/100x10/100x10 (Slow and isolated)

Bent over DB row
45x10x3 (slow and isolated)

Straight bar seated row
80x10x3 (slow and isolated)

*Just started working out a couple of weeks ago and will make another attempt at keeping a journal. Work has been extremely busy (60 hours a week) so energy/time has been a premium. I'm still finding my form/stabalizer strength and will rapidly progress.

GIS
12-11-2004, 06:49 PM
ARMS

Bar curls
50x10 60x10

Bar curls/supinated chins superset
60x6/6 60x6/4 60x6/4

Alt DB twist curls
35x16 35x16 35x16

Preacher curls (very slow)
45x8x3
----

Skulls
55x8x3

Cable Pressdowns
60x8 70x8 70x8

Seated DB overhead press
50x8 55x8
----

BB military
115x8 115x8 120x8

DB lateral raises
20x8x3

DB front raises
20x14x3

* I'm doing high volume arm workouts now because my arms seem to react a little better to it than low volume. This getting back into lifting thing is fun because I feel like a rookie again, less the db kickbacks.

My diet sucks, though. Not enough calories or protein.

GIS
12-13-2004, 10:01 PM
12-13 LEGS

Parallel Squats
135x10 185x8 225x6 235x6

DB lunges (ouch)
40x20

Laying leg press
230x12 240x12 250x10 180x10 (feet together)

Leg extension
130x10 140x10 150x10

*Pretty happy with squats. I slightly strained something in my right knee last leg workout so I was hesitant to do anything too outlandish. I was fortunate to be able to do squats as heavy as I did... and with relative ease and comfort. Havn't done 235 for well over a year.

Strength is-a-coming! Not to only get my diet in gear...

GIS
12-14-2004, 10:10 PM
12-14-04 CHEST/ABS

Flat BB
185x10 205x6 225x3 235x1

Incline DB
60x10 65x8 70x8

Iso flat chest machine (Cybex)
25x8 35x8 45x8 (All very slow and isolated)

Crunches
30x4

Hanging leg raises
12x3

*Not the greatest of workouts but I made it to the gym which was an accomplishment in its own. Only one more month of the training phase of my job which I work 60+ hours a week doing.

GIS
01-05-2005, 03:38 PM
ARRGGGHHHH!!!!

So I have made several comebacks in the past few months, all of which failed after two or so weeks.

This will change come February. My job has kept me out of the gym, but it's a justifiable excuse. I've logged between 80 and 100 hours per week with my only day off coming somewhere in December. This is due to training for my position, but it will comple in a month or so.

To prepare, I have been creating meal tables, collecting recepies, and ordering supplements (2 10lb tubs of N2large, EFA, and multi's came in the mail yesterday). Also, part of my preperation has been mental, psyching myself up for the 'big return.'

Here's another tool of inspiration for me: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=27524&highlight=GIS

Pics from my bulk two years ago. I'm a little smaller than the left pics, but BF is about the same.

At any rate, my goal is to be 200 again by summer, with BF a who cares at this point. I'll aim for 3,500 clean calories a day and a four day split plus light cardio. I'm still a month away, but mental preperation starts now.

GIS
01-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Okay, so I couldn't wait and spent a bunch of money on food today. I'm not going to wait until the end of the month to get back into things because I figure if I can train with my schedule the way it is now, I always can.

Today I did arms:

SHOULDERS
BB military
85x10 95x10 105x10

Lateral raises
20x10 20x10 20x10

URR
50x10 50x10

BI'S
BB Curl
45x10 50x10 50x10

Alt DB Twists
20x10 20x10 20x10

Preacher BB curls
45x12 45x12 45x12

TRIS
Skulls
45x12 45x12 45x12

PRess downs
50x10 50x10 50x10

Narrow grip BB
65x10 65x10 65x10

Yeah, so that's a light day. I'm forcing myself to start light because I find myself trying to get back up to my old lifts far too soon. For the few if any that actually skim this, that weight will likely increase by 50% for most lifts in a matter of weeks.

I took some before pics that I'll post later. Heh, boy did I shrink and my abs arn't as noticeable/existant. Check out a few posts above for some older pics of me.

Manveet
01-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Good luck with the bulk.

I remember some of your older pics, and you made a huge transformation. I'm sure you won't have too many problems getting back to where you used to be and then some.

GIS
01-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Manveet: Thanks

Started my diet today. Diet= eating more. It'll likely be a ~2,500 cal day which is a huge step up from where I've been at in the past couple months. The goal is 3,500 in a few weeks.

I also started EFA caps. I expect my body will get used to them but my belly is upside down and talk about some horrible burps.

My rant for the day is clothes shopping. Why the hell can't a person buy a decent pair of jeans that don't cost $160 a pair or look like somebody was thrown out of a car going down the freeway at 60mph. All these holes, faded spots, and dirt/clay smears are irritating.

Oh, and boy are my arms sore. Feels great! :)

ryuage
01-09-2005, 10:31 AM
nice to see you back in action, I remember your old progress pics still, you should be back to where you were at in no time.... and im with ya on the pants wtheck is up with that... haha

GIS
01-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Here are some beginning pics. I'm in better shape than a large percentage of the population, but WAY out of shape compared to my norm and my liking.

GIS
01-09-2005, 02:34 PM
1-9

LEGS
Squat (ATF) + 2 sec pause at bottom
95x12 115x12 135x12

Angled Smith Machine squat (VERY slow and pause at bottom)
20x10 30x10 30x10

Machine leg curls
50x10 60x10 60x10

ABS
25x4 crunches

*Still taking it nice and easy to get my body adjusted. Certainly had a ton more strength but I'm not in a hurry to grow. Ligs/joints/stabalizers/back are all more important to keep healthy during this phase than sheer weight.

EDIT:

Today's eating:
Total: 3342
Fat: 129 1161 35%
Carbs: 278 1025 31%
Protein: 275 1101 34%

Fat is a little high, but most comes from 1/2 cup of PB, 1 tbs olive oil, and 2 tbs mayo. I am honestly clueless about what type of fat/carb/protein split is good for a clean bulk. I've never broken a diet down like this because in the past I just ate and ate and ate while just making sure it was clean.

GIS
01-10-2005, 09:55 PM
WOAH. Chest day and boy did I struggle. Part was due to still being fatigued from Friday's arm and shoulder workout.

CHEST
Flat BB
95x10 145x10 165x10 185x8

Incline DB press
45x10 45x10 45x10 (Ha... really struggled!)

HS decline
35x10 45x10 75x10

DB flys
20x10 20x8

Standing calve raises: 130x14x3

Heh... pretty fun day. It strangely felt good to be weak because I can see ahead to some very rapid progression. Diet for the day will pan out to be around 3,000. Not too bad, but I'll need to be higher down the road. Likely a 30/30/40 split, carb/fat/protein. That means roughly 260g protein.

I also just found out I have 14 more days of training for work left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is HUGE because at that point I get the company Ford Escape for personal and business use, free gas (personal use too), free insurance, a laptop, free carwashes (heh), free cable internet at home, free cell phone for personal use, and huge quarterly and annual bonuses. I will also work from home! Viva.

Manveet
01-10-2005, 10:13 PM
I also just found out I have 14 more days of training for work left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is HUGE because at that point I get the company Ford Escape for personal and business use, free gas (personal use too), free insurance, a laptop, free carwashes (heh), free cable internet at home, free cell phone for personal use, and huge quarterly and annual bonuses. I will also work from home! Viva.

That sounds like the perfect job. What is it that you actually do???

TheMachine
01-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Nice workout GIS! Damn, 260 grams of protein is alot! You'll be packing on the mass for sure if you keep that up!

GIS
01-10-2005, 10:53 PM
MANVEET: It's a consulting position for one of the world's largest retailers. I'll set financials, oversee operations, and basically try to make the stores as much dinero as possible. It's kinda like a district manager position but with more of an entrepreneur and hands-on twist. Not too bad for right out of college. :)

MACHINE: Thanks man. Can't say my workouts are all that great at this point but my diet is coming along. Unfortunatly I ended the evening with half a cup of natty PB and an apple so my split is more like 41/28/32 fat/carb/protein now. Too mcuh fat, but like yesterday most is from PB and good sources. Calories from the day are now at roughly 3,500.

ryuage
01-11-2005, 08:01 AM
wow with all the free stuff you are getting I would be set :)

GIS
06-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Shoulders/arms

Yet another attempted return. My goal is to get back some size and improve my flexibility. My back is a tense mess between a minor back injury a year ago and horrible flexibility.

I bought a townhouse that I will be moving into in August once construction is done. Until then my diet may be difficut from alack of steady living arrangements because my lease is up and I'll probably live with my bro. But once I move in, a bulk is on.

BB Press
95x12 105x14 115x12 125x8
Lateral Raises
15x12 10x10 15x10 10x10 15x10
HS shoulder Press
25x16 35x16 35x14
Front Raises
10x16 10x16

BB curls
50x12 50x12 50x10 55x10
Alt DB curls
25x16 25x16 25x14
Rope curls
50x12 50x12 50x12

Pressdowns
40x12 40x12 45x12
undergrip press
10x8 10x6 10x8
Dip machine
45x12 55x12

Manveet
06-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Nice to see you back again, good luck with the goals. Hopefully you can stick around this time;)

GIS
06-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Legs

Hack squats
25x12 50x12 70x12 90x10
DB walking lunges
20x16 20x12 25x16 25x16
Leg curls
10x12 20x12 20x12
Leg Extensions
90x12 130x12 130x12

I pushed it decently hard with the reps but mainly focused on slow isolated reps. My lower back tension/pain is a man concern but I'm hoping strength/flexibility work continues to help. Abs will be a main focus.

GIS
06-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Let the bulk begin:

1lb macaroni/potato salad (hawaiian style!)
1/2 pound broccoli crowns (raw)
1/4 head romain lettuce
Oil/vinegar dressing on broccoli/lettuce salad
1 precooked chicken from Albertsons
Water

Prep time= 2 minutes but oh so good.

C'mon pounds!