PDA

View Full Version : Starting CKD

Bryan
01-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Now Im going to be finishing my bulking routine soon and I want to use CKD as part of my cutting routine. My question is do I just dive right into CKD or do I need to ease my body into it?

Paul Stagg
01-09-2003, 08:18 AM
You might want to slowly reduce your carb intake for a couple of weeks, but it isn't necessary.

raniali
01-09-2003, 10:14 AM
if you are ready to focus and stay devoted to ckd - then start now...if you want a break between a strict bulk and strict cut, spend a week enjoying yourself

Bryan
01-09-2003, 11:04 AM
My only concern is losing LBM by shocking my system into having no carbs. If I can go straight into it without losing too much muscle them I'm gonna go for it

mr_hand
01-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey Bryan, i was interested in doing it too, Ive been reading up a lot on it lately. One thing I get confused about though is are veggies and salads included in the amounted carbs for the day?For example, if you eat 50g of carbs a day, lets say of rice, then can you still eat veggies, and salads with your other meals during the day?

FrusWeighted
01-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Ditch the rice. But if you're busting your ass working out, you can probably get away with it.

raniali
01-09-2003, 02:44 PM
if it ain't fiber, it's a countable carb
beware of too many veggies -- unless its celery or lettuce

mr_hand
01-09-2003, 03:04 PM
I read that you should still have about 50 g of carbs per day, and actually, it really didnt matter if complex or simple, as so the article says. It also said you can eat unlimited amounts of like lettuce, brocoli, cauliflower, and named a few other veggies.

Stray
01-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mr_hand
I read that you should still have about 50 g of carbs per day, and actually, it really didnt matter if complex or simple, as so the article says. It also said you can eat unlimited amounts of like lettuce, brocoli, cauliflower, and named a few other veggies.

I hear that the actual carb level that you go into keto varies person to person but I've always heard it being closer to the 20g-30g range.

bradley
01-09-2003, 04:09 PM

Although the active carb content of veggies is small the carbs should still be counted toward your daily carb intake. I also agree with Stray in that most people will be able to maintain ketosis at about 30g of carbs.

Bryan
01-09-2003, 07:56 PM
So can I dive right into keto w/ minimal LBM loss?

mr_hand
01-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Now, on the two refeed days, are you allowed to cheat, or like eat whatever you want, lets say pizza or hot dogs, etc?

bradley
01-10-2003, 10:34 AM
Now, on the two refeed days, are you allowed to cheat, or like eat whatever you want, lets say pizza or hot dogs, etc?

Are you referring to the carb up? If so check out this thread.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22807&highlight=CKD

raniali
01-10-2003, 10:42 AM
personally - i think the carb up is just as if not more important than the low-carb week. watch your fat intake or the whole thing becomes pointless.

mr_hand
01-10-2003, 11:10 AM
thanks bradley!!!

Bryan
01-10-2003, 12:33 PM
I read you're supposed to keep the fat intake high even when carb loading because those carbs are sent to muscles and not used as fuel

bradley
01-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Bryan
I read you're supposed to keep the fat intake high even when carb loading because those carbs are sent to muscles and not used as fuel

Where did you read that?

Bryan
01-10-2003, 08:07 PM
c-k-d.com

Bryan
01-10-2003, 08:09 PM
So can I dive right into keto w/ minimal LBM loss?

Still waiting for a response =<

Thor
01-10-2003, 09:14 PM
bryan, it's actually better if you start right away.without going into detail look up the ABCDE diet and read up on it.

i'm not recommending the diet but some of the studies the articles refer to should answer your question.

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/abcde/v58_abc1.asp

Bryan
01-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Thor is that article CKD related?

All I was asking is, If I go jump right into keto, will it shock my system too much and ill lose alot of muscle?

smalls
01-11-2003, 07:43 PM
bryan

IMO, its more of a problem with dropping calories too quickly. So keep cals in check regardles of which diet you do. ie dont go from 4000 to 2800 in one week.

Dan Dragon
01-13-2003, 04:33 AM
I jumped right into ckd, but didnīt really have problems of loosing
a lot of muscle since i didnīt restrict too much on calories .

i experienced another effect namely feeling a bit "edgy" and
finding it a bit hard to concentrate but that is supposed to be
a normal effect of switching to the use of ketones and it only
lasted for the first week.

In workouts i actually was astonished to feel stronger, and i
progressed all the same. But iīm using a HIT routines so i guess
it is different if one uses a high volume workout routine.
In the beginning i worked out on Mondays or Tuesdays but now
iīm working out on Sunday or Monday, that way iīm still carb-
loaded.

Bigmofo
01-14-2003, 10:16 PM
CKD is the bomb! I used if with great success last year and got from 16% bf to 10% in 3 months, the first week is hard then you get used to it

Bryan
01-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Only problem atm is when I goto eat, I'm like "oh yah i cant eat this this and this" Ive had to get more creative with my meals