PDA

View Full Version : A good read for hardgainers

AstronautJones
01-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Here's what I consider some priceless information, and helped me make the gains that I've made. A great article! http://www.testosterone.net/articles/176skin.html

YatesNightBlade
01-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Is there such a thing ?

Every so called hardgainer I've ever met rather has a poor diet or is not training hard enough.

BennettBoy
01-09-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by YatesNightBlade
Is there such a thing ?

Every so called hardgainer I've ever met rather has a poor diet or is not training hard enough.

:withstupi

AstronautJones
01-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Well a good article for skinny guys nonetheless. :D

YatesNightBlade
01-10-2003, 03:31 AM
Bust your ass in the gym, rest and eat lots. Simple.

hemants
01-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Eat high glycemic carbs and very little fat and fibre and water?

Sounds like a dumb dumb way to gain weight.

I think a better idea would be to add in between meal shakes. Liquid calories are not very satiating.

AstronautJones
01-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, it worked for me.

GonePostal
01-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Bust your ass in the gym, rest and eat lots. Simple.

Yeah there is such things as a hardgainer. Just not as ridiculous or as bad as they claim to be. I used to think I ate "all the time" and "ridiculous amounts of food". But really I didn't. I ate about as much as a normal person (little less even) but because of my higher metabolism was not gaining any weight. That coupled with the fact that I get full easily.

For example. I just got my wisdom teeth out and had a very hard time eatting anything, even liquid. Yesterday I ate 1 meal. I didn't feel hungry for the rest of the day.

AstronautJones
01-10-2003, 03:27 PM
At least I have one supporter of this thread, thanks GP.

YatesNightBlade
01-13-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by AstronautJones
At least I have one supporter of this thread, thanks GP.

He had his wisdom teeth out and couldn't eat !! How does that make him a hard gainer ?!

bradley
01-13-2003, 05:44 AM

He had his wisdom teeth out and couldn't eat !! How does that make him a hard gainer ?!

Maybe he could be called a hard eater...:D

prof
01-13-2003, 08:07 AM
I thought i was a hardgainer, (150lbs) nope just ate too little and trained too often, try eating fuggin loads and train no more than 3 days per week, I'm now 200 lbs and loads stronger.

GonePostal
01-13-2003, 11:23 AM

Yates that was an example of me being a hardgainer cuz I ate 1 meal that day and was fine not eatting any more. I was not hungry. I could probably go most days on 2 meals if not less. My lack of appitite with a slightly to moderately (never as fast as some hardgainers claim) higher metabolism leads me to the conclusion I am a hardgainer. Remember 99% of the "hardgainers" out there are not as "hard" as they make themselves out to be. I believe it is a bit harder for me to put on weight but not drastically.

hemants
01-13-2003, 11:36 AM
Astronaut,

Please elaborate on your gains.

What did you eat before, what did you eat after?

How much fat, muscle,weight did you gain?

Thanks!

(P.S. Sry if my original post came across harsh, I just find it hard to believe that gaining muscle is as simple as eating more sugar and less fat and fibre)

AstronautJones
01-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by hemants
Astronaut,
Please elaborate on your gains.

Well, simply put, I was a skinny bastard weighing only 165 lbs. at 6'2''. This was around May or June. I ate pretty much whatever (except fast food, ugh), whenever I felt hungry. Pretty much like the article said: I'd wake up not hungry at about noon, wait until I did get hungry, then eat a lot. I'd be good for about 6 hours or so, at which time I would be STARVING, so then I'd eat dinner. Depending on how I felt, I might eat again before bed, but usually not. Not the best diet as you can see.

After reading this article, I decided to give it a try. I ate 6 meals a day, about 2 hours apart, making sure I got in at LEAST 600 cals per meal. Even though I still wasn't hungry upon waking, I still managed to overcome it by having a WG shake.

As of now, I weigh 230 lbs. believe it or not, and I'm still basically following that diet, although I eat a little cleaner than what it says. I cut out the sugary stuff that it says to eat. I'm sure the similar suggestions everyone on here has would have worked just as well, however this was the first article of it's kind that I had come across.

Hopefully it won't be long until I can get some pics up. :)

AstronautJones
01-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Also, I must add that I have put on some fat (like anyone bulking), but the gains I have made definitely outweigh the adipose tissue. I'd say I'm at maybe 15-16% BF, if I were to guess.

hemants
01-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Roger, makes sense and congrats on the gains.

The reason most people are reacting to that article is that the 6 meals a day thing is nothing new, the eat lots of sugar and avoid fat and fibre is.

But it doesn't seem like the latter is what helped you gain.

Keep up the good work.

AJ_11
01-13-2003, 09:37 PM
If I didn't care about the fat I coould easily eat about 2K in a meal 6X a day. I love food.

AstronautJones
01-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by hemants
The reason most people are reacting to that article is that the 6 meals a day thing is nothing new, the eat lots of sugar and avoid fat and fibre is.

The funny thing is, I didn't really go by that part anyway.