PDA

View Full Version : my diet

machaf
01-08-2003, 11:18 PM
I've been really busy with college and work so I really have not had time the past year to lift weights and do a diet.

I'm trying to add a weight lifting class to my schedule this semester but all slots are full. I'm going to try and get an override. This seems the best way to get me lifting agian, actually do it for a grade.

I want to lose a little bit of weight, my stomach is the other area that needs a loss, but I know in order to lose any weight you must lose it all over. I'm about 5'10' 190 lbs I'd guess.

Supplements for my diet:

Multi-vitamin
Flax Seed oil
Liver tabs maybe?
Creatine
N-large2
maybe some type of amino acids during workout?

Diet

Meal #1
1 cup oats
2cups milk with 2 scoops nlarge2
two eggs
Take vitamin
1000 mg flax oil
liver tab

Meal #2
2 peices whole wheat bread
tuna/turkey/beef
2 cups of milk

meal #3
1 chicken breast
some type of pasta or rice?
2 cups of milk 2 scoops nlarge2

meal #4
Glass of water with 4 scoops nlarge2
1000mg flax oil

meal #5
Something that doesn't have to be in the refrig? need suggestions here!!
nuts and granola bar?

Meal #6
1 cup cottage cheese
1000mg fax oil
livertab

Any suggestions to my diet? I want to lose a few pounds but then bulk up. As for my routine, I'll probably do the wanna be big #3 routine, along with some cardio such as running. I only have time to lift on tuesday, thursday, saturday.

Thanks in advance!

-Kyle

bradley
01-09-2003, 03:02 AM
I would save the N'Large for post workout only unless you have trouble getting in all of your daily calories from whole food. Diet looks good overall, and might want to throw some flax in with a few meals to get some healthy fats. Might try some cottage cheese and flax before bed.

YatesNightBlade
01-09-2003, 03:56 AM
Might wanna add some essential fats in there. Also you might wanna add some eggs somewhere along the line. Ace mass builders.

machaf
01-10-2003, 03:06 PM
ok I updated my diet. Please critique it for me.

bradley
01-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Is this a cutting or bulking diet. You listed two conflicting goals.

"I want to lose a few pounds but then bulk up. "

Also what is the calorie total? I would figure it up but I am unsure on the quantities of some of the things you have liste (milk, flax oil, cottage cheese)

machaf
01-10-2003, 04:33 PM
I plan to lose weigh at first by doing cardio. Then gradually slow the cardio down.

I added the amounts of each for you.

Are you using a calculator on the net to get all the values? whats the site?

Thanks

bradley
01-10-2003, 04:38 PM
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR15/sr15.html

www.fitday.com

I personally a book with all the food counts in it. I think the title is the Complete Book of Food Counts (something like that).

bradley
01-11-2003, 05:15 AM
Machef,

If you are going to try and lose weight with cardio then I would start eating at maintenace level and work from there. Maintenace for you is probably somewhere around 2800-2900 cals per day so that would be about 475 cals per meal. Looks like you might want to scale down some of the meals that you have listed. The overall structure looks good IMO but you need to scale down the total cals of each meal. Hope this helps somewhat.

machaf
01-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Great..Thanks a lot Bradley!!