PDA

View Full Version : Milk vs. protein powder

HBK
01-09-2003, 11:15 AM
I think it would be a lot cheaper and easier just to buy a few gallons of milk rather than spending 30$ on a whey protein container.Milk also has good carbs and vitamins and dont see how a protein powder can be a better source.:rolleyes:

bradley
01-09-2003, 11:34 AM
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=ica7msok6rd3r992djvksofc2q8jhn2fhc%404ax.com

You could also run a search as this topic has been discussed numerous times.

the doc
01-09-2003, 11:36 AM
protein powder is only meant to supplement an already good diet

it is not a substitute for good food.

that being said, i would purchase a few pounds of milk protein isolate to add to your milk... Milk just doesn't have *enough* protein to be a significant source. It has a lot of carbs and fat(sometimes). There is only 8 g of pro per cup of milk

mr_hand
01-09-2003, 02:13 PM
I love milk the only problem is if I drink a lot (more than one glass), I have some serious stomach problems if ya know what I mean. I used to drink it by the gallon as a kid, but I guess as I get older my body is having problems digesting the lactase. What should I do?

mr_hand
01-09-2003, 02:14 PM
oh yeah, plus the other problem is that it has like 12g sugar per serving!!!!

bradley
01-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by the doc
protein powder is only meant to supplement an already good diet

it is not a substitute for good food.

that being said, i would purchase a few pounds of milk protein isolate to add to your milk... Milk just doesn't have *enough* protein to be a significant source. It has a lot of carbs and fat(sometimes). There is only 8 g of pro per cup of milk

I agree with you, I was thinking he was referring to postworkout. ;)

GonePostal
01-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Lactose intolerant that is why milk = bad =D

InfinitePower
01-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Milk is awesome.

I used to puke everytime i drank it as a kid. The good old doctor told me to NEVER EVER drink it again, that Im completely allergic.
What Bull****!

I drink like 4 glasses a day now, and am very healthy.

wowbaby
01-10-2003, 05:19 AM
Milk rocks!

Y2A
01-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by GonePostal
Lactose intolerant that is why milk = bad =D

Soy Milk good, makes for a creamy protein shake too, mmmmmmm...

GIS
01-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Soy milk is nasty.

Apparently the dairy farmers of the US are considering a lawsuit against soy 'milk' producers because they claim it's not a milk at all, and that the labeling of 'milk' is misleading to customers.

The soy milk producers countered by saying they have never received a complaint about their product being mistaken for real milk.

At any rate, unless you're lactos intolerant I'd avoid soy milk. It's not a complete protein, and if you're looking for something the add a little flavor and extra protein to a shake, stick with milk. 1% or fat free milk is also thinner than soy milk making it more possible to DRINK the shake rather than chew and eat it like what can sometimes happen with soy milk.