PDA

View Full Version : experienced with ketos please take this poll

Thor
01-10-2003, 08:25 PM
i ran across a guy who experimented with a tkd on himself and a friend by doing a depletion workout 6 hours before his workout and then consuming carbs at a rate of 1 gram carb per # of bodyweight every 2 hours for a total of 3 meals.(he also took creatine during the carb up)he did this 3 times a week and his workouts were the standard 3 powerlifts(bench,dl and squat)he claimed to have gained strength in each lift while dropping bodyweight and his friend was able to maintain his current lifts while dropping bodyweight

ive been doing a standard tkd half of carbs before and half after.ive gone down in my lifts a little bit and wasgoing to try a variation of this program with a depletion workout 4 hours before and two meals with 75 grams carbs before my regular workout(i know it's a little more than most people take in on a tkd but with the depletion i would have to add or my lifts would really suffer)i'm not really interested in doing the powerlifts program and will be sticking with my current whole body once every 8 days routine.so id be working out every other day.

anybody who has done a ckd knows the depletion workout followed by carb intake causes super compensation of muscle glycogen.

i'm going to try this for a week and see how it goes i just wanted opinions on how many carbs to take in after my depletion work out

restless
01-11-2003, 03:10 AM
Lyle's article on CKD (http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/training-on-ketogenic-diet.htm)

Could never say it better than the man himself.

restless
01-11-2003, 03:16 AM
And by the way, care to explain what numbers are those in your poll?

bradley
01-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by restless
And by the way, care to explain what numbers are those in your poll?

Looks like total amount of carbs and how many carbs will taken in over the course of two meals.