Pre-Workout 4:30
Strawberries
30g Whey w/ Milk

5:00 Workout

Post-Workout 6:00
40g Whey w/ Water
Creatine
Glutamine
Dextrose (powdered gatorade or smarties)

Meal 7:15
Chicken Breast
Green Beans (steamed) 3 cups?
Banana
10g Whey w/ Water

Meal 9:15
Turkey Cold Cuts
WW Bread (2 slices)
Mustard
Blueberries (handful)
1 tbsp. Natty PB or Flax

Meal 11:00
Cottage Cheese (1/2 small tub)

I will of course modify this diet as needed, but this is what I intend to start with. I'm just wondering if the p/c/f breakdown is what I need.......and a couple little nitpicking questions.
As far as I can calculate.....I should be getting around 290g protein.....and about 60g fat on this diet. I do not know the how many grams of carbs I am getting (with all the vegetables and stuff).......nor do I know how many calories this is. I'm wondering if I'm eating my fruits at the wrong times of day........and if the quality of my carbs are ok. I am around 280 lbs. 6 feet tall........I need to lose alot of bodyfat, but I don't want to start of by "cutting". I'd rather bulk and go from there. Just wondering what anyone thinks. Thanks alot.

bradley
01-12-2003, 05:27 AM
If you are bulking then you definetely need to eat more than what you have listed. Your maintenance calorie intake is probably around 4200 cals a day (15*bw), and you are not getting anywhere near that calorie level with the above diet. The foods you have listed look fine just eat more of them. That looks more like a cutting diet IMO.

Moose
01-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Wow....are you serious? I have 7 meals there not even counting the pre and post workout shake. Guess I'll have to add a couple sweet potatos or something...

bradley
01-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Moose
Wow....are you serious? I have 7 meals there not even counting the pre and post workout shake. Guess I'll have to add a couple sweet potatos or something...

What does your pre/postworkout shake consist of? You could also increase the amounts of oats you are eating and get some more EFA's in your diet.

Moose
01-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Bradley.....here's my diet below with a few revisions. My pre and post workout shakes are listed (4:30 and 6:00). Perhaps my preworkout nutrition should be different?

Breakfast: 8:30
Banana
3 slice WW Bread
2 tbsp. Natty PB
8oz. glass Milk w/ Whey

Breakfast: 10:15
7 eggs (6 whites)
20g Oats
Multivitamin

Meal 12:00
1/2 Tub Cottage Cheese (small tub)
Brocolli and/or Colliflour (steamed)
1tbsp Olive Oil

Meal 2:15
Chicken Breast
Sweet Potato
1 tbsp. Flax

Pre-Workout 4:30
Strawberries
30g Whey w/ Milk

Post-Workout 6:00
40g Whey w/ Water
Creatine
Glutamine
Dextrose

Meal 7:15
Chicken Breast
Sweet Potato
Banana
10g Whey w/ Water

Meal 9:15
Turkey Cold Cuts
WW Bread (2 slices)
Mustard
Blueberries (handful)
1 tbsp. Flax

Meal 11:00
Cottage Cheese (1/2 small tub)

AJ_11
01-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Didn't you say that you are cutting in this thread. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25144

Also If you want to bulk definiteley add some more carbs to your diet. I would say at least 50% you then don't need as much protein.

bradley
01-13-2003, 03:04 AM
Diet looks good, but just make sure that you are getting in adequate calories which is the most important thing.