PDA

View Full Version : need some info please help

rockfordrunner
01-12-2003, 10:59 AM
ok guys i'm a newbie here and need some help. i am 5'11 280lbs. i started working out and eating clean(most of the time) about 2 months ago. i dropped about 20 lbs so far, but need alot more to go. ok my question is do i need to take any suppliments, like protein drinks? or should i wait till i lose more weight? what does protein do for you? what happens i you take too much? I will be taking hydroxicut soon to try and get to my target weight of 200lbs. thanke for the help.
aloha

Spiderman
01-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Well, supplements are probably not what you need right now. For the moment stick to eating a good, healthy diet in order to lose the weight. If you're not getting enough protein from your daily intake of regular food, then yes, consider a protein powder if you like.

As for what protein does, simply put, protein is essential for the growth, maintenance and repair of muscle tissue. (along with a few other things) A high protein intake is not bad for you. Several studies have attempted to show that its bad for your kidneys, but there is nothing concrete. I wouldn't worry about this at all.

raniali
01-12-2003, 12:08 PM
i think you are on the right track if you have lost a good 20 lbs so far .... supplements (like spidey said) are not necessary at this stage. you did not mention whether you are doing training or exercise of any kind .... if you haven't started weight training, then start!!! this is by far more important than any supplement you can buy.

keep up the good work!

Dan Dragon
01-13-2003, 04:53 AM
These are great results! Stick to your diet and donŽt try to
lose weight faster than this, otherwise youŽll be losing not
only fat. If your working out your supposed to eat about
2gr of Protein / kg Bodyweight , that would be 4gr protein/ pound
?
Is that correct, guys ?

Like raniali said, if your not working out yet, get started. Bec
youŽll also burn more calories adding muscle so that would
help you to lose fat.(BTW i very much like your avatar, raniali)

Keep it up!

bradley
01-13-2003, 05:38 AM
1g of protien per lb of bw is fine.